Re: Nerf bloodhound scan

by TheApexLegendNub

Original Post

Nerf bloodhound scan

★★★★★ Apprentice

Bloodhounds tactical is the biggest crutch out there. Most teams today play with bloodhound, they scan you and if they notice you are in a bad position you get aped by 3 ppl with wallhacks for what feels like forever. I think a nice change that would balance it out would be to make scan only reveal your position at that moment. You still get the reveal of the enemy but you can't trace his every movement. It is so OP in a fight to be able to track your opponents through walls for multiple seconds...

Message 1 of 17 (1,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Burnie_00It is incredibly frustrating especially if you are a solo trying to split the enemies up to 1 v 3 them to clutch the fight to grab banners and stuff or if you are just trying to get away from them to heal up real quick... I think they should remove the tracking movements part too because bloodhound did need that with his original scan but they tripled his scan distance so now its overpowered and he doesn’t need it anymore its just overkill now its not like you can run away from them as it is because he can just follow the trail of markers right to you

i like being able to do scans during bloodhounds ult, but I also think 6 seconds is way too often considering he has a 30% speed boost which is faster than octanes stim

Message 2 of 17 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Burnie_00 sometimes tho his scan does say no one is there just because they were slightly out of range allowing the enemy to gain the advantage. However escaping them yes it is kind of ridiculous theres no counter to evade being chased for 5 miles to your death
Message 3 of 17 (1,089 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Burnie_00 

I agree that their scan is a bit too powerful. The scan range could be toned down slightly, but I think the amount of time enemies are scanned is fine. I also think they should reduce the time on the passive tracking to what it was before the changes to it. I also feel the ult speed should be reduced slightly, and the current passive tracking should only be applied during the ultimate.

Message 4 of 17 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just curious, how do you guys feel about him getting assists in ranked just from his scan? Personally ranked bloodhound players dont even seem to main him they just want the points without having to shoot. Not saying all ranked bloodhounds are bad players just that so many ranked bloodhounds i get are not very good at actually shooting its pretty obvious they are trying to get points from scans because they dont get many kills? 

Message 5 of 17 (1,066 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@mkmarie200 yeah I agree that makes no sense. With that logic crypto should get assists while sitting in his drone scanning people. 

Message 6 of 17 (1,058 Views)

★★★ Guide

i remember when bloodhound's scan was either useless or a liability, do not want to go back to that but imo i do think they over buffed it a bit, wouldnt mind a small nerf but dont want to nerf it back to uselessness either

Message 7 of 17 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@mkmarie200 

I think that Bloodhound should get assists on scans as you are technically assisting your team by giving out the enemy's location. However, as @Burnie_00 said, Crypto's drone scan should do the same.

Message 8 of 17 (1,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@ClassyPython49Cryptos drone did in the past, I think it got removed because he was receiving assist points when enemy teams were doing the kills or something like that so you could get assist points up to 200m from your position

Message 9 of 17 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@TheApexLegendNub 

So they just deleted it instead of patching it? Sounds pretty lazy to me. They should definitely re-add it if Bloodhound is going to remain receiving assists for scans. And if, for whatever reason, the Crypto glitch is un-patchable, then remove Bloodhound assist points for continuity.

Message 10 of 17 (1,021 Views)