Re: My octane buff after underwhelming octane buff

by Blasian311

Original Post

My octane buff after underwhelming octane buff

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am happy that they are showing some love to octane but honestly it didnt do much at all nor did it give team utility. It's a step in the right direction, but here is how you can make octane pretty much an A tier or S tier

Passive Buff, Added Passive!: healing time is reduced from 1:2 to 1:1.3 and now has no delays (even when taking damage) meaning it constantly regens without stopping. Octane can now shoot while sprinting.

Tactical Buff: Buffed sprinting speed by 5% more. Teammates near octane when he activates his tactical or near his slipstream/aura gain 25% movement speed for 10 seconds.

Ultimate: Double jump is now easier to activate after using "his high jump." Double jump height and distance is increased. Double jump now makes you faster in the air.

Reasons: I buffed his healing because even though he goes faster, the loss health still gives him a disadvantage. The loss health is needed to balance out his speed but he also needs to be able to heal it kind of quickly, especially during a fight. It'll still mean that u can't use stim too much unless you wanna rely on your speedy strafe. The new passive is so that his tactical basically doesn't go to waste and so anyone who tries to run away will have a VERY hard time getting away from an octane.

The tactical buff is to actually give him team utility cause there was no team utility changes except for his jump pad double jump which didn't do that much. The reason why it is 4 seconds longer than octane's is because of the lower movement speed. The aura is meant so the other teammates, especially slower legends, can kind of catch up with him or it can even be used in situations, like when octane revives, he can not only use it to quickly get himself out fast but his teammate can get out of there faster as well. Also the reason it is longer is so that octane can basically stack it since it'll be able to reset the timer of the movement speed on teammates when octane uses it again, if they're near him. 5% more sprint speed is because he needs to be a little faster since the 10% sprint speed buff they gave him doesn't effect his strafing/walk speed (it's still 30% which makes sense, it'll be op to have 45% strafing speed WHILE having the ability to shoot while running). So he'll now go 45% faster while running. Even though his strafing and walk speed is still 30% faster, the ability to shoot while running makes up for that which is actually REALLY strong.

The ultimate buff we got is actually what I always wanted octane to have but honestly it's pretty underwhelming. If they increased the height you can you go and how far you can go by a lot then I really think this ability can be super strong. The movement speed in the air buff is so that you definitely aren't an easy target in the air and so you can be where you want to be way faster. Double jump really does have the potential to be one of the best abilities if they do buff it right.

Thank you for reading Standard smile I am open to any suggestions and opinions.

Message 1 of 9 (501 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@djmitchell2001 I also believe he could still use a little bit more love but what you suggested is too much for him, I was thinking of making teammates revived by him have a little bit more speed for a short time.
Message 2 of 9 (487 Views)

★★ Pro

Can we stop rewarding the revive ? I mean for what we should have enchanced revive ? In such games you should rewards competitiveness and reward skills.

Getting downed is exactly the opposite, and they should stop mess with revive stuffs, aka make it faster for some legends or else.

They kinda mess up with Octane. And i think the buff for his tactical will be reverted. 40% speed is just too much. His ultimate double jump and change directions easy is good and should stay. Octane is a hard to balance legend, because of how good his tactical is, and that speed is involved.

I would said give him 30% speed again, and change/add something to his passive.

Message 3 of 9 (470 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@LordloshBang Gotta come with something else if you decide to shi* on people ideas
Message 4 of 9 (460 Views)

★★ Expert

Octane’s pretty good now. 
Think about it, you can Stim while healing, which is pretty cool. You move much faster, (walking speed?) and depending on the health item, will end up not losing any health.

40% also only kicks in when he’s sprinting. He only gets 30% when he’s strafing and stuff.

Message 5 of 9 (454 Views)

★ Guide
@Sir_Named That's a bug or a glitch their planning to remove it
Message 6 of 9 (433 Views)

★★ Expert
@fractured-29 Really? I hope not.
Message 7 of 9 (426 Views)

★ Guide

shooting while sprinting would be a tad bit op