My in depth idea's for future apex legends balance changes round 2

by KrakaDrak

Original Post

My in depth idea's for future apex legends balance changes round 2

★ Guide

Hey thanks for taking your time and reading my post! I’ve been playing apex since season 2 and have some suggestions on changes to the game.

my previous post was on https://answers.ea.com/t5/Legends-Feedback/My-in-depth-suggestions-for-future-apex-legends-balance-c...

however, some of my opinions have changed since then.

Game in general

I’d love to see minor patches mid-season or bigger patches per season, this is because many of my friends say they are getting tired of playing apex and not because it is dry of content but because they believe apex has turned into wraith/pathfinder battle royale where they think the meta is so stale for so long that they don’t enjoy the game anymore. They believe this also counts for weapons, as they explained that they would enjoy playing different legends or picking up different weapons but then they would simply play at a fixed disadvantage and would therefore die more, which they consider a punishing experience and start to look to other multiplayer games.

Examples mentioned here are bloodhound being weak, pathfinder and wraith being very strong. As for weapons, havoc and Lstar seem to be highly underpowered along with hemlock and longbow. While running r99, r301 and peacekeeper is always the most effective in all scenarios.

Weapons

The Lstar in a drop crate is considered a dead slot as the Lstar underperforms is almost all cases.

In order to make the Lstar stronger the removal of the random horizontal recoil will greatly increase its potential.

But as predicted, buffing he Lstar like this will require the removal of the increased drop chance of it dropping from loot crates, and make it more in line with the mastiff and kraber.

Personally, I would love to see equal drop rates on all golden weapons drops.

Wingman more recoil reset time (and perhaps a little random horizontal recoil), so players can no longer fully rapid fire without compensating for recoil.

The wingman is a very powerful pistol, yet it is still a pistol, in most games a hand cannon has massive recoil to compensate for its damage, however with the wingman most people run it as an assault rifle, this is because the recoil is too small and never random.

Increase the base damage on the longbow, yet not increasing the dps (lowering the shots per second), this will make the longbow stand more apart from the scout, as it fires slower but has higher damage, turning it more into a precision weapon.

This damage could be changed so it still does equal dps, however it could damage a person to 199 damage if it hit a body shot and a headshot, making it not as strong as the kraber, but still a powerful damaging long range sniper.

Damage change: 63 from 55

If the longbow needs a slightly bigger buff, the damage could be increased to 64, this will enable it to down someone with 1 headshot and 1 body shot. I personally feel like this should be the case as landing headshots with a sniper is extremely difficult when people move around, and as such I think it should be a greatly rewarding experience downing people with 1hs and 1bodyshot.

Note: I got this idea from reading the dev changes on the scout, and hemlock as they increased the base damage to reach a break point yet decreasing the rounds per second in order to keep the dps unchanged.

Legends

Crypto Drone no longer pick up banners, crypto right now is super strong, and a big part of that is due to his ability to completely without risk respawn his entire team multiple times per game. I feel like going back for your teammates should be a real risk and shouldn’t be a remote controlled minigame, this will be a major nerf to crypto and therefore I have the following buff to compensate.

Crypto Drone only gives off the red glowing lightbulb to the players its currently scanning, this is because in hotzones with multiple teams it is often very risky to deploy the drone as third parties or people who have the time to look around without being at risk of detection can easily spot his drone and take it out. To stop this simply disabling the red glowing lightbulb around the drone for players not being scanned will decrease the chances of it being seen while maintaining the detection chance for players being scanned.

Giving the drone 50 hp that resets when it is recalled would also help as the drone is too easy to take out, as it is more preferable to spray at the drone from any range right now, even at super long range with an smg or lasergun while it seems more appropriate to use a sniper from that range.

Give Bloodhound a speed boost when near tracks, as in my previous post, I believe bloodhound needs some major buffs, but this one is very minor giving her the ability to chase down teams when she is on their trail should enable her to play more in accordance with her scouting role.

Bloodhound less scan cooldown, the scan is bloodhound’s weakest point compared to other legend’s Q abilities, as she holds the weakest Q ability in the game. Giving the scan a major cooldown reduction will enable her to use it more often and for instance to scan for tracks as well. Yet the scan still gives off a massive yellow particle effect when cast which is easy to spot from a distance making it less useful when trying to scan tracks.

Mirage have 2 charges for his Q ability.

Mirage passive much longer duration and does not disable when he is self-reviving.

Mirage only deploys a circle of illusions when exiting invis.

Mirage ulti illusions run in direction of spawned location (they run away from mirage when they are deployed).

Mirage has lots of trouble bamboozling people, changing up his skills to make him more effective at fooling people would be welcome change.

Mirage’s stealth is surprisingly poor as running around will reveal his location by the ground that displays a dust effect where he runs when he is invisible, he still also makes full movement noise when in stealth.

Give Wattson an astronaut skin.

This is more of a fun idea I thought of when I saw the Halloween event. If the content designers ever run out of idea’s I would love to see a full wattson astronaut skin as she already has many similarities with cosmonaut designs. And it would fit with the Halloween costume theme.

Message 1 of 1 (243 Views)