Re: My ideas how to ignore Hitbox issue. Gibraltar, Caustic & Pathfinder Rem

by Oobarsten

Original Post

My ideas how to ignore Hitbox issue. Gibraltar, Caustic & Pathfinder Remake

★★★★ Novice

Now when the hitbox thing have become a problem for some players. I thought to myself that maybe not the hitbox or the health have to be adjusted. What if we made Gebraltar and Caustic more support and tanks? And Pathfinder more support.

This is my thoughts. 

Gebraltar 
Passive: Gebraltar can give away armor to allies by sacreficing his own shield " channel like using batterys" (Support like skill)
Q: Stays the same. while inside Gebraltar recarges his armor becoming a little bit tank while inside his shield (Tank and support like skill)
Z: Stays the same. Still one of the best zooning skill ingame 

Caustic
Passive: While enemies is inside Caustics gas and the damage goes up, they must run out and then the gas damage will  start to count down to 0 again. "exp. you stood in gas to 8 dmg. when you get out of gas you will take 6 dmg then 4 and so on down to 0." ( DOT)
Q: Caustic's mines are now sticky and can be deployed on walls and in roof. Should have the throwing indicator as grenades. 
Z: Stays the same

Pathfinder
Passive: Not used by players that much. so beacons should also have a track that can show next supply drop.
Q: Still a hook but can hook downed alies to your position so if you are in cover and alied downed outside cover you can grab them to you.
Z: Stays the same

I would like to hear opinions on my thought how to ignore fixing hitbox and make this legend more of there role in the game Tank/Support 

Regards Phil

Message 1 of 8 (813 Views)

★ Guide

The thing is, abilities play less of a role in fights, than it seems on paper. Matches are to 90% decided by how well you shoot, hence hit boxes matter a lot.

Message 2 of 8 (619 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Since Apex follow more the overwatch style with abilites and diffrent character models. it will be hard to find a solution. 

Message 3 of 8 (581 Views)

★★ Apprentice

or you could just reduce the hit boxes which will help make the overall balancing of the game way easier for the developers over the long term.  You could also make the aim shield block a lot more damage so you don't get insta killed like always.  It's not like you have infinite ammo so you can stay aimed forever.  You gotta reload sometime.  Why make the aim shield so stupid weak and the character have 200%+ hit box size compared to every other legend?  The design of the game is flawed from the get go.  I wonder why every single player kept picking all the super thin characters every match.  I found out the hard way after 2 dozen matches of falling dead to every single person who aimed a gun at me.  (sarcasm) It's not like I have 2000+ hrs playing competitive online FPS's to realize when something is so broken you can barely get killed but everyone else can insta kill you (/sarcasm)  *sigh* Stupid game design when it comes to UBER inflated hit box sizes -_-

Message 4 of 8 (489 Views)

★★★ Novice

What he ^ said

Message 5 of 8 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

A upcoming legend called Prophet will have the ability you suggested for pathfinder.

And im completely opposed to 'giving other teammates your abilities' like what made you think that would be a good idea lol.

Also i've made the same suggestion about Caustic's gas traps adhering to walls and roofs, however in addition they should be smaller so they are less detectable and are more successful at trapping.

I don't think they should do more damage because they considerably slow enemies and impact on their visibility. You can easily take them out once they're now easier to trap due to the above suggestion.

Message 6 of 8 (417 Views)

★★★ Pro
This is a shooter first and foremost and most the outcome of most fights are determined by weapons and accuracy not champion abilities so hitboxes are a priority and a few ability buffs won't make these Tank characters anymore viable. Also I'm not a fan of pathfinder being able to grapple allies, even downed ones because there's too much troll potential there, imagine getting grappled off a cliff or something by your own teammate
Message 7 of 8 (397 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Right now Caustic have gotten a little damage buff so we are happy that one big fella is getting more played! 

Now its for our Frontliner Big meat Gibraltar that needs some love. 
My thoughts right now for Gibraltar is that he is BIG we all know that for sure.

here is my new ideas for Gibraltar

Passive : More health for Gibraltar's shield maybe 50% inc. AND he can overload his armor for 2 secounds.  (Explanation: we say gibraltar have 100 armor equipped. And they are about to take a fight. So he uses 1 100 enegery battery and got 200 armor now, but it starts decaying imidiatly 16 armor secound. So the 6 secound cast time gives you a decaying bonus shield for 6 secound. if you use 100 energi battery.
Q : Stays the same
Ultimate : stays the same maybe lower cooldown to 2 min like caustic.

Message 8 of 8 (390 Views)