Re: Mirage is stupid, here is how to fix it.

by Darker_Souls343

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mirage is stupid, here is how to fix it.

★ Novice

First off lets talk about the good, Cloaking when downed is nice, and that's the end of the good.

What's stupid, and how to fix it.

1: Encore Decoy

Problem: It does some stupid dance on it's way down.

The point of a decoy is to mimic behavior. If doesn't do what a player normally does then wtf is the point?

Fix: Just make it look like the downed animation, you don't even have to make it move.

2.: Psyche Out

Problems (Notice the plural) Psyche out is currently in it's simplest form. A decoy that can BARELY mimic SOME of your behaviour.

2.1: Running

Sending your Decoy running is probably the best way, atm, to use it. However if you want to say run next to it,, it ALWAYS runs at the speed as if you have a gun out. It properly mimics if you do/do not have a gun out and what gun, but the speed is fixed to running with a gun.

Fix: Just change the running speed so that if you send your decoy out without a gun, it runs at the appropriate speed.

2.2 Pressing q does every action, making it harder to control.

Problem: How your decoy reacts is based on how you are moving. That's alright since it makes it easier to know what it's going to do, but in the case of fooling someone, we don't actually want them to know what we are doing. We want them to think we are doing something, while we use their predicted reaction to lure them into a trap or draw them out. Our decoy can only run to somewhere without us actually running, unless you want to look straight down to lay a still decoy, WHILE RUNNING, which is stupid.

Fix: A simple solution really that goes a long way. Give us the ability to press the q button for a stand still decoy, while holding the button to point where we want to go, then, add a method to send a decoy running the opposite direction of the way you are facing. Like a shift-q press or something will send it running behind you.

2.3 Crouching after sliding

Problem: after sending a decoy out while sliding, it crouch walks. I can see the idea of sneak beaky like behavior making thise make sense, but given the pace of the game, 9 times out of10 we are sprinting or opening fire after sliding.

Fix: Make that fool stand up and be the bait he was born to be.

3: Vanishing Act

Problem: The cloaking is the ONLY useful part of the vanishing act.

When I first saw the ultimate used, I thought that it put you in place of one of the decoys standing in the circle. Instead it turns out it's just good for turning you invisible while a bunch of obvious fakes stand around NOT HELPING you cover up your footsteps as you use your very short window of invisibility to hide because you can't run far enough to make a difference.

Fix: Just scatter them, or at least have them run out in a straight line after spawning so you can use their footsteps to cover up yours. Also the invisibility could use a little more time, given you can't do anything while cloaked AND you have a short time after un-cloaking where you can't do anything.

If you really wanted to buff mirage, give him a second psyche out charge on top of everything else. Or when you point where you want him to go, add the ability to have him crouch next to the object he runs into. PLEASE PLEASE fix my favorite trickster because at the moment, he's the disappointing magician at my birthday party. Please tell me how you feel about these ideas, what's too much, what feels right, and share more ideas so the devs can fix my hides behind confidence, self conscious, akward little boy.

Message 1 of 6 (659 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Player_KitsyLike the simple passive buff and would like ULT to be able to make clones actually run without doing process as well bro lol..... But overall seens the improved mirages invisibility, they just need to do 1 thing to balance and buff him with the other legends......

Tactical ability; 2 decoy deployment tactical ( must deploy 2nd decoy 5seconds after 1st before cool down start) Like you said.

And\or 5-15% HITMARKER DAMAGE TO DESTROY DECOY {A True BAMBOOZLE!}........both added would be AMAZINGLY PERFECT if only 5% hitmarker damage to destory clone was added with 2 deocy Tactical and WOULD 100% FASURE BALANCED MIRAGE AFTER THESE BUFFS .... But Honestly one or other would balance him.

{Perfected 2 decoy deployment if I had to choose between them.}

Mirage does need a buff his clock should have been there from start.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (594 Views)

All Replies

@Player_Kitsy mirage isn't for everyone. He is my favorite legend to play because of his outwit play style. His ultimate is stupid good and has gotten me more squad wipes than any other ultimate. He needs a few slight changes but that's all
Message 2 of 6 (627 Views)

★ Novice

Please divulge what you think needs slightly changed. I don’t like his kit because it’s too simple, making it that much easier to see through.

———————————————

His ultimate is stupid good and has gotten me more squad wipes than any other ultimate.

His ultimate makes you invisible and is great for getting into position or running away. But it isn’t fooling anyone, as the character’s theme is suppose to be about.

Message 3 of 6 (612 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Player_KitsyLike the simple passive buff and would like ULT to be able to make clones actually run without doing process as well bro lol..... But overall seens the improved mirages invisibility, they just need to do 1 thing to balance and buff him with the other legends......

Tactical ability; 2 decoy deployment tactical ( must deploy 2nd decoy 5seconds after 1st before cool down start) Like you said.

And\or 5-15% HITMARKER DAMAGE TO DESTROY DECOY {A True BAMBOOZLE!}........both added would be AMAZINGLY PERFECT if only 5% hitmarker damage to destory clone was added with 2 deocy Tactical and WOULD 100% FASURE BALANCED MIRAGE AFTER THESE BUFFS .... But Honestly one or other would balance him.

{Perfected 2 decoy deployment if I had to choose between them.}

Mirage does need a buff his clock should have been there from start.

Message 4 of 6 (595 Views)

★ Novice
@Darker_Souls343 That sounds more reasonable than what I’m asking, and I would totally be happy with that.
Although I would still like more control over tbe clones I would gladly take a second clone with some added clone health.
Thank you for the response!
Message 5 of 6 (571 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@Player_Kitsy Lol thank man been saying it for months gotta keep saying so Dev's read lol. I still love that idea too to control the clones directions even after deployed it's smart! I just don't know how they can impliment that with out cause major bug's or even the ability to do it cause I think you'll need a clear line of sight to direct clone and objects\houses get in way or something. But still a great idea too, expecally the passive idea, it's like the 3-5 clone deployment once down 3-5 downed clones moving randomly with no clock idea with mirage, but your passive idea details are better lol
Message 6 of 6 (563 Views)