Re: Mirage in ranked

by NNeil6991

Original Post

Mirage in ranked

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Lets face it. Mirage in the higher levels of play is pretty useless. Anywhere above Gold and knows how the legend works can easily see straight through him and his abilty.

Now, Dont get me wrong. Hes fun to play, hes a cool character, but his abilities are lack luster. 

His Passive.

Everyone knows, that when mirage is downed that he will drop encore, a useless decoy that does what? Acts like its being shot? Anyone that has got the confirmation “KNOCKED[NAME] 100 damage” and sees that decoy, you know that mirage is going to be crawling somewhere invisible for a few seconds, and its not even hard to see and isnt that long.

and might i remind you. Mirage is the only. THE ONLY. Legend that has a passive that activates when downed. If you win a game without being Knocked, then it hasn't been used at all. It serves no purpose in higher ranks. In Solos, Its useless, unless you have a knockdown shield, to which it may take an extra second for them to kill you.

I dont have a problem with his ultimate and decoy ability, other than fixing when his decoy sometimes dies on a small rock, and gets stuck on teammates when throwing it out.

As for the ultimate its fine, if you use it right and know what youre doing

let me know what you think

Message 1 of 10 (2,071 Views)

★★ Pro

From an Octane main's perspective: Yes please do something to actually make Mirage a viable character vs literally anyone else

Message 2 of 10 (2,043 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@PholanxTTV  Two ideas I'm lazily tossing out here.

#1 Have the Mirage decoys raise their guns to fire if they get within range of an enemy. They obviously do no damage but it increases the chances of enemies shooting back or lets the player know that his decoy engaged someone and in what direction. Additional scouting but far less information than crypto or bloodhound give.

#2 When Mirage goes down have him spawn multiple decoys that crawl away in different directions. All invisible of course. Gives him an added chance of escaping.

Message 3 of 10 (2,025 Views)

★ Guide

I like the idea of number one, just number two, its based on the premise of going down again, nobody wants to be knocked, if youre last alive in your team it will serve no purpose.

Having it more something like, if your decoy is destroyed your decoy ability is immediately refreshed. Or has a shorter cool down, allowing him to truly bamboozle enemies more and let them think more about shooting what could be a decoy.

or he gains a slight percentage of his ultimate, allowing him to be more aggressive or ditch situations.

Message 4 of 10 (2,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@PholanxTTVI play mirage occasionally in regular games. I agree he is not viable in higher tier ranked. Its always the same 3 or 4 legends (you can guess who).
I would like to see mirage's passive be permanent. When he is downed, he stays invisible. Not game breaking, just makes him harder to "thirst".
A change to his decoys: have them mirror player movement. I jump, they jump, etc. Straight line decoys are only shot by inexperienced players.
If they both have "normal" movements, I will be 50/50 which one to shoot.
Such a change would require increasing the time to get decoys, as they would be much more useful.

Message 5 of 10 (1,997 Views)

★★★★ Guide

How about just plain give him the 2 decoys he has during the drop?  

Message 6 of 10 (1,989 Views)

Mirage Tactical buff

★★★ Newbie

I apologize for the grammar in advance, but mirages Tactical needs a buff. Now hear me out, mirage kit is all about trickery and deception. However, i feel his tactical and passive is a bit weak. His tactical only sends one clone out, which any decent player can easily tell its a fake. Even if they do fall for the bamboozle, it literally only buys a fraction of a second of time for you make a move on your enemy who was bamboozled. In the season 3 trailer, you can see bloodhound (i believe) shooting clones mirage set up and each one of them were doing something different. The reason why i mention this is because this is a good example of how he should work, making multiple versions of himself. The more clones, the less chance the enemy can figure out which is which. I believe his tactical should allow him to send out 2-3 clones if he needs to. For balancing sake, longer cooldown on his tactical. Kind of like how caustic can set up 3 gas canisters (max 6), i believe mirage should be able to send out 1-3 clones if he needs too. That way if mirage sends out 3 clones, thats a 25 percent chance the enemy will guess the right mirage. Obviously the more clones that are destroyed, the bigger the chance murage will be found. 

Signed, dying mirage main breed. 

TL:DR  i believe mirage should be able to send out 3 clones max with his tactical, his kit is based off of deception and trickery. Only send ing one clone isn't enough to really capitalize on a bamboozle other than enemy general location. He has no run speed boost (other than his ult) or faster heals or grapple to get to safety. His abilities (again, other than ult) feels a but watered down and not super useful. Tell ne what do you guys think? Am i alone on this or should his tactical be buffed. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,998 Views)

★ Guide
@PholanxTTV It really feels like respawn treats him as a low priority (maybe due to the lack of mirage mains?) even though his ult gets shredded by aim assist, his passive is useless, and his tactical requires more skill to use effectively than any other tactical in the game. Maybe they'll show him some love next season.
Message 8 of 10 (1,951 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@PholanxTTVHis passive being permanent? That’s an interesting idea. Solid. Let’s face it, it activates only on a failure, like you say. Certainly it should last 15 to 20 seconds. 

His tactical, at the very least, should run at standard run speed. It’s a little slower and the gait is off, easily detectable but savvy opponents. It should look exactly like Mirage running in every way.

Personally I think his tactical illusion should have some AI built into it. Sliding when fired upon, returning fire, something.

His ult is in a decent spot right now and can be effective with judicial use, but I still say that at least some of the clones should e running off in different directions.

Message 9 of 10 (1,933 Views)

★ Guide

i dont like the idea of being permanently invisible, just seems too powerful for the wrong reasons in a way if that makes sense? 

15-20 seconds could be good, more than enough time to get away and use a self res

however, imo it should still be changed to something else. Something that doesnt require you to be knocked to activate. 

I agree with the tactical, should run at the same speed. You can make them slide if you slide before which makes bamboozles easier, however they crouch walk after reaching the end of sliding. They should change it to run after. 

When i was streaming yesterday i found out that you can make his clones run in different directions if you do something, i think if you jump or slide while activating it, they run in different directions, ill try find it if i can

Message 10 of 10 (1,926 Views)