Mirage buff

by SERPENT_DESCEND

Original Post

Mirage buff

★★★★★ Guide

I will go straight into it.

1-Passive: Increase Mirage speed and invisibility duration when he is knocked down. Replace Mirage playing dead animation with a decoy of mirage being knocked down. When Mirage revives a teammates they will both become invisible until the revive is done. Same case with self revive.

2-Tactical: Mirage should be able to send 2 decoys. Holding down the tactical button should brings up a wheel of decoys actions. You can select the action you want your decoy to do and when you send a decoy it will do the action you selected.

3-Ultimate: Decoys should mimick Mirage's actions (Like in dummies big day mode) instead of only standing. Decrease the amount of time it takes to ready up Mirage's weapons after decloaking.

Message 1 of 13 (1,360 Views)

Re: Mirage buff

★★★ Newbie

I agree with the first one, except for his tactical make it so you become invisible for a short time when you bamboozle, but increase his ability cool down, and change his ultimate so everyone on the team goes invisible for a certain amount of time.

Message 2 of 13 (1,315 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@AbC2048a6287412 Will you be able to shoot or heal while being invisible in your idea? Because if that is the case then it would be op and if that is not the case then it can put you and your teammates at a disadvantage.
Message 3 of 13 (1,293 Views)

★★ Novice
@SERPENT_DESCEND No shooting but maybe a heal or melee
Message 4 of 13 (1,238 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@LIMAERO101 It could still put your teammates at a disadvantage, Imagine you almost kill someone with your weapon then a Mirage on on your team activated his ult and suddenly you wont be able to use your guns.
Message 5 of 13 (1,222 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I do agree with you as a Mirage main that Mirage really needs a bit buff. But I'd like to improvise some of the stuffs you said.

Tactical :

- Let there be 2 bamboozles which charges up like Caustic, Bangalore and Wattson's skills.

- Let the decoys be no less than a live player i.e. let them run wisely jumping and sliding through obstacles, travel through zips, punch and finally shoot at opponents (opponents won't recieve damage from these bullets though. also decoys die if shot twice)

Ultimate :

- Instead of standing still let the decoys move like stated above with Mirage being 100% invisible for the time being with no shadows or signs of him for 10 seconds.

- Let Mirage HEAL HIMSELF and RELOAD within the cloaked time. He won't be able to shoot within cloaked phase.

- Also let him revive his team mates while he is in cloaked mode, while reviving both he and his downed teammate attains the cloaked phase.

Passive :

- Automatically drop a knocked down decoy which can take some shots and not die with 1 hit and cloak for 10 seconds so that he can reach a safe point. Also increase his knock downed movement speed.

What I actually want him is to be useful with his skills on the battle field.

Message 6 of 13 (1,200 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Dokuganryu699 Interesting, But let the decoys stay one shot. I don't really understood how 2 shots to decoys would even benefit Mirage. Beside it doesn't make sense for a decoy to have HP or shields. Other thing is Mirage cloaking teammates or himself when reviving should be done passively. Other than that I agree with the rest.
Message 7 of 13 (1,193 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

2 shots just due to the fact that it'd attract the attention of opponent squad for a few more seconds, like if it dies at one hit you're too sure. But if it survives a single hit you kinda get a jump that "oh * is that a player" provided the fact that if they shoot at you or jump through obstacles. You can even consider the situation where you're sniping from a roof and you send a decoy  in front of you which survives a single shot it gives you time to attack the squad while they still think you're out at roof sniping at them. They apparently will disappear after a certain time so I really think no harm will be done to let decoys survive 1 shot and die on the 2nd.

Basically the bamboozles should serve their purpose of bamboozling and not just be dummies out there.

Message 8 of 13 (1,181 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Dokuganryu699 Look I also want Mirage to be buffed but this just doesn't sound like the right buff for him, Sometimes you send the decoy hoping the enemy would shoot it and making it 2 shots would make the process longer. Beside the fact that it really won't make sense for a decoy to have HP. Instead make shooting the decoys reduce tactical and ultimate cool down.
Message 9 of 13 (1,168 Views)

★ Guide

Hello, Playwriting major here, so you know it's going to be about theatrics. I like the idea of the decoy being like the live player, but in a quick-moving setting, this might be a tiny bit too OP in my opinion. This is just a suggestion, and please consider that Mirage is a funny character, but decoys could be set to be kind of comical.

For example:

1. When the player is running, maybe his decoy could be running with his arms flailing like he's scared and running away;

2. Another could be that he's snooping, like, when the decoy is sent while the Mirage player is crouching and walking slowly;

3. Another could be an exaggerated slow-motion run as a sort of a taunt to other players who are trying to shoot a peaking Mirage;

4. Something in line with peaking is Mirage's decoy could also, when the player is crouching and not moving, simply stand up and wave to a sniper;

5. Finally, if the player is sliding, the decoy can slide like a rockaster as well but after a few meters, collapse and 'fail' his slide like a mime. Or if he hits a wall, can slam against it.

Of course, these ideas might not be realistic, but I would want it to add to the theatrics of the game. It would be fun to some of these, but if you have better animation ideas then that would help with the opinions of what should be done with decoys. This is assuming that there will be a wheel of options, but these could be automatic considering that the ideas I've given are based on the in-moment positions/movement speeds. In that way, it could be set automatically in the coding rather than having players waste time scrolling through the wheel to decide what decoy to use. Thoughts?

Message 10 of 13 (1,111 Views)