1 - Passive: holographic decoy now revive allies

Defensive

or

2 - Passive: holographic decoy now finish enemy

Offensive

or

3 - Passive: holographic decoy now revive allies and finish enemy

Defensive and Offensive

These changes allow the decoy holographic to be used offensively and defensively, it is very easy to counter (a shot and it disappears)

A) some thoughts 

Passive: holographic decoy now pick up the deceased player’s banner

Passive: holographic decoy now use Respawn Beacon

4 - Passive: holographic decoy now revive allies and pick up the deceased player’s banner

Defensive

5 - Passive: holographic decoy now revive allies and pick up the deceased player’s banner, too finish enemy.

Defensive and Offensive

The biggest criticism of the current ultimate is that it is useless and has no use to escape.

It leaves you visible, it does not allow to shoot and to react any damage, basically an unarmed target without any possibility of defense.

This rework aims to correct this.

1 - Ultimate: You change places with your decoy holographic

change your body = change places

decoy holographic is running

you're standing still

You activate the ultimate, body swap with decoy holographic

B) some thoughts 

Now you're running and the holographic decoy standing

And the same thing happens in an opposite situation

2 - Ultimate: Send a second holographic decoy lasting 30 or 60 seconds, you can switch places with it only

3 - Ultimate: Send a second holographic decoy lasting 30 or 60 seconds, so for 30 or 60 seconds you can switch places with your first Q hologram or the second hologram.

How would it work? There are many options.

The ultimate holographic decoy that lasts 30 or 60 seconds is intended to be a safe escape because it has a longer duration, allows you to advance for 30 or 60 seconds and escape safely.

When you use the Q ability and show the cooldown, if you press again during the ultimate activated, you switch places with that holographic decoy.

C) some thoughts 

The ultimate is not canceled, even though the decoy holographic is eliminated.

If ultimate holographic decoy is eliminated, there is the possibility of cooldown to send another, until the end of the 30 or 60 seconds of activation of the ultimate.

1 - Mirage can change as many times as you like during activation of the ultimate.

He switches places with holographic decoy, advances, swaps again and advances in another position.

2 - Mirage can change only once, while switching the ultimate is canceled, however the ultimate holographic decoy does not disappear.

3 - Mirage can change only twice, once with the first Q skill and the second time with the decoy holographic, can be used in any sequence.

4 - Mirage can change only twice, can be used in any sequence.

He can change body with the first holographic decoy, and again swaps again, returning to his previous position.

D) some thoughts 

You send the first holographic decoy equipped at hand with the R-301. WEAPON PRIMARY

You send the second holographic decoy equipped in hand with the Spitfire. WEAPON SECONDARY

When you switch places with the first holographic decoy, you will be equipped with the R-301.

When you switch places with the second holographic decoy, you will be equipped with the Spitfire.

The same will occur if you sent the holographic decoy unarmed.

E) some thoughts 

1 - holographic decoy will disappear in 1 second, while the swap will be reset to 5 seconds, time to escape

holographic decoy will disappear in 10 second, when changing place the time remains the same.

2 - holographic decoy will disappear in 1 second, while swapping will be added another 5 seconds, time to escape

Additional time can for both situations can be 5 seconds or 10 seconds or 15 seconds

My thoughts in the form of brainstorm.

Google Translate, sorry.

Message 1 of 8 (945 Views)

Re: Mirage Rework - some thoughts

★ Apprentice
C) some thoughts

5 - Mirage can change only three times, can be used in any sequence.

E) some thoughts

2 - Additional time is only for the decoy holographic exchange

3 - Additional time is for holographic decoy, both ultimate and skill
Message 2 of 8 (831 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Sorry still new at this getting use to what buttons do what I do however agree with the offense/defense idea and the idea of making mirage a victim when he uses his ultimate needs to be throat punched lol. Only run away no shooting back while your invis (smfh) the thing is I really like using him but just the thought of using my ultimate, has cost me more games due to not using it at all
Message 3 of 8 (813 Views)

★ Guide
Neat ideas! As someone who really loves Mirage as a character but can't stand his useless abilities, I'd love a rework.

Interesting thoughts!

Personally, I'd rework Mirage's Decoy (Q) to make it climb stuff like a normal person, then let you reactivate it while the Decoy is out to place a new beacon for it to run to. Presently when you press Q it shows a little indicator where you're looking and that's where the Decoy runs to, I'd make it so you could reactivate Q as many times as you want to pick new places for it to run to. Combine that with it being able to climb like any other player would and it'd be a lot more life-like and useful.

As for his ult, I LOVE your idea for it. Switching places with it is exactly what I'd expect from Mirage, and that would actually be useful. His currently ult needs to be removed, it's just a horrific idea, not sure who came up with it, but I don't know how it made it out of testing. It's clear as day where Mirage is unless you're shooting at him from 400m away with iron sights or a 1x Holo... And Mirage is utterly defenseless the whole time, it's the definition of shooting fish in a barrel!
Message 4 of 8 (792 Views)

★ Apprentice
F) some thoughts

ULTIMATE

1 - The ultimate can be activated twice, when active starts counting the activation time of 30 or 60 seconds
The first time activates the possibility of using the place exchange with decoy holographic of the skill Q and begins counting the duration of the activation time
The second time sends the second decoy holographic

So the ultimate has two uses in the game, so it is necessary to double-click the ultimate

The priority is always to escape, so only the activation the first time the ultimate is activated allowing the exchange of place with the skill Q, and the second priority is to deceive the enemy by sending another decoy holographic that can be used as a change of position too

2 - The duration of the holographic decoy is according to the activation time of the ultimate, when the activation ends also ends the time of the second decoy holographic

3 - The duration of the second decoy holographic starts from when it is used, has no relation to the activation time of the ultimate

This gives more control of the use of the ultimate and more versatility to the mirage

In short, ultimate allows you to change positions with the holographic decoy of the Q skill, it also allows you to send a second decoy holographic that can also be used to change position

G) some thoughts

1 - If the ultimate was simpler and much faster, it would only allow the exchange with the decoy holographic skill Q

Only the activation of the ultimate would be allowed when the holographic decoy was active

H) some thoughts

2 - The Q skill now allows you to send two decoy holographic, each with the same CD time.
The ultimate has an activation time of 30 or 60 seconds.

If you have only one decoy holographic active and the other still can be used, when pressing the ultimate again, the exchange will be made with the only active.

When you have 2 active holographic decoy, pressing the Q goes to the first one that was activated and pressing the ultimate again, switch places with the last holographic decoy that was activated.

2 decoy holographic active and the ultimate was activated

press skill Q = place switch with the first decoy holographic that was activated
press the ultimate again = switch place with the last holographic decoy that was activated

3 - When the ultimate is activated it can add 15 or 30 or 60 seconds of duration in the decoy holographic skill Q

4 - All other possibilities and ideas that have been added previously in other examples of situations, is worth the same for this H) some thoughts

Replying to KILLACYLUS77:

Currently Passive and Ultimate are useless.

Players LVL 1 to LVL 20

React Passive:

He disappeared, I have no idea where he is.

React Ultimate:

Several of them have appeared and none of them move, I have no idea where he is

Players LVL 20 to LVL 100

React Passive:

The moment you dropped the mirage, look at that huge transparent potato, shoot

React Ultimate:

Look at that huge transparent potato running and still unarmed, shoot

The reaction of players LVL 20 to LVL 100 is instantaneous, the passive and ultimate is of no use at all

For this reason the Rework of Passive and Ultimate
Message 5 of 8 (748 Views)

★ Apprentice

I think this ideas are over the top and don't fit the concept of the character. I agree his Ultimate is useless and makes you more a target.

- While holding Q you get a wheel with different variation of the decoy. A shooting one? Left - Right spam (ADAD Spam)? Climbing? Camping? 

- Make him completely invisible on longer distance (100-200m?). His Ultimate should be longer, up to 20s . Quiter steps while invisible. Give him the option in the Ultimate to drop decays or not.

So this things make him unpredictable and people get more bamboozled.  

Message 6 of 8 (681 Views)

★ Apprentice
It is a brainstorming, then analyzes all possibilities and from that comes a balanced rework.

So the important thing is the main idea of ​​rework, the rest are just ideas that may or may not have fair balance applications within the game.

The developers of APEX LEGENDS will analyze and determine what the balance will be based on the main idea of ​​rework.

So my contribution is more for the main idea of ​​rework, I have no arrogance to believe that everything else should be the way I think.

If we think that the main idea of ​​my rework has no identity with the legend, the current ult also has identification, after all it is invisibility and not illusion.

Let's think of practical applications of the invisibility of the Mirage, very OP in open map and useless in closed place.

You stay invisible in an enclosed place, there is no escaping and the shots will catch you.
You become invisible on the open map, appear behind the enemy with some shotgun, GG.

I humbly believe that my idea is more practical in all situations, you can cheat with an illusion or escape either in an open map or in a closed place, and also easier to balance.

Google Translate, Sorry.

Thank you very much for your opinion.
Message 7 of 8 (606 Views)

Champion

I think Mirage's current ultimate is already pretty cool, I don't think he needs a new one, it's just not implemented quite as well as it could be.

Changes that could be made include:

- Making you almost entirely invisible, I mean properly invisible, it's actually easier to spot him at range currently when he is cloaked which is a little broken.

- Decoy's actually run off in different directions. (Maybe even have some breakdancing and doing classic goofy mirage stuff) 

- The ability to de-cloak and fire whenever you want

- Even faster run speed

- Initial shot from cloak does more damage

Balances that could be made to allow these changes:

- Less decoys spawned

- Longer ultimate charge time

- No location ping on ultimate decoys

- Mirage announces himself when he de-cloaks (because he's a smug SOB haha!)

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 8 of 8 (580 Views)