Re: Mirage Porkchop Buff

by S8N_Spawn

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
@S8N_Spawn Thank you for keeping the dream alive. I hope someone at Respawn is listening.
Message 11 of 34 (644 Views)

★★★ Pro
@YEETCEPTION7 If anything his porkchops need to be nerfed. The amount of cloves in that recipe is just to much to handle and totally unbalanced.

Jokes aside I think his holograms should copy his movements like in dummies big day. His tactical remains one but grants like 3 seconds of invisibility upon being shot and his ultimate being the same from the Soiree event.

Message 12 of 34 (610 Views)

★★ Guide
@YEETCEPTION7 I'm not giving up until something (good) happens for Mirage.

These are too good of ideas to be ignored! Back to the top!
Message 13 of 34 (541 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@S8N_Spawn You beautiful, beautiful man. Not as beautiful as Mirage... but still beautiful
Message 14 of 34 (537 Views)

★★ Guide

Back to the top!!!!

Now that we see Respawn will make fixes when needed when legends are severely under-powered and under-utilized with the massive Revenant buffs, can one of the OG unlockable, but mostly forgotten legends, get some love???

Mirage has had 1, let me repeat 1 change for better or worse since launch, and that was really making his Ultimate what it should have been since day 1, where he is actually invisible (although still easily trackable if you're watching/listening footsteps).  Even with that change Mirage was the least used legend until Revenant came to the scene, who probably only was used less than Mirage because the few idiots like me that love him still use him.

With the Revenant buffs I will most definitely be using him going forward and in duos he could be one of the strongest legends (silent flanker, yes please!).  But if Mirage got even half the love Revenant got he'd start taking center stage in Apex where he belongs.

And although I'd be perfectly fine with any buffs to Mirage's abilities, one other thing I don't see mentioned anywhere is he has the 3rd largest hitbox, and it's not that far from Caustic's, so you could definitely fortify the man!

Message 15 of 34 (463 Views)

★★ Expert
@S8N_Spawn Fortify wouldn't really fit. I mean, sure, he has the 3rd largest hitbox, but there will always be a third largest hitbox. Also, Mirage doesn't look like the kind of character who'd be fortified.
Has Caustic gotten... any changes? I can't remember any.
Message 16 of 34 (443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@S8N_Spawnthe fact mirage keeps getting absolutely no patch note changes time and time again shows that 'at least from Respawns view' Mirage is picked enough that he doesnt need to be buffed. I hate to say it but I think the only way Mirage gets a buff is if we stop using him, his play rate needs to be in the trash. Its sad AF. We love our dude too much though, so we play him no matter how * he is. His amazing character and handsome good looks are too good to pass up. I mean look at that face... look at it!

Message 17 of 34 (429 Views)

★★ Guide
@Sir_Named I misspoke, someone posted an image of all legends and how many pixels their hitbox uses from the front. Revenant is the 3rd largest and they realized they screwed up by giving him low-profile and took it away. Gibby is over 200k Pixels, Caustic is at 150k, Revenant and Mirage both at 140k, the next closest is Bloodhound at 120k and the low profile legends are 95k to 110k.

Now obviously those numbers are only from one perspective and don't take several other things into account (movement mechanics, hitbox accuracy with movement, etc.) but it's kind of odd that there's a huge discrepancy in size between Gibby and Caustic (50k pixels) but they're both fortified, while Revenant and Mirage are less than 10k from Caustic, but almost 20k more than the next below them. Not to mention Bangalore and Crypto are both in the same range as the low profile legends. Maybe Respawn needs to take a hard look at how fortify and low profile are applied, or create a mid-tier low fortify?

But yeah, Caustic has seen a few tweaks, far more than Mirage, with fortify and his gas. Fortify has been buffed itself since it's first inception and Caustic gas damage, ultimate throw range, and interactions with squadmates have all been buffed over time.
Message 18 of 34 (406 Views)

★★ Guide
@YEETCEPTION7 Unfortunately I can only agree. But I did see over the last two weeks Mirage's use only peaked at 2.9% and yesterday was only at 1.92%. That's pretty damn low and my guess is only that high because people have challenges with him.
Message 19 of 34 (404 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@S8N_Spawn So .0001% pick rate it is then.... /cry
Message 20 of 34 (390 Views)