Re: Mirage Porkchop Buff

by SERPENT_DESCEND

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mirage Porkchop Buff

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Okay so first and foremost I love Mirage. Hes absolutely fantsa, fantil, fantaf, uh.. a really great guy.  But let me tell you his current build is really useless in any competitive game.

Here are some ideas I suggest to help him be the trickster he was meant to be.

Firstly I think his tactical needs to be changed slightly to some of the options below. 

I'm not saying all of these should be implemented but perhaps 1 or 2 of them:

When decoys are shot at they give off a Flash Bang effect for 1/2 a second or 2 to nearby or attacking enemy players,

When decoys are shot at they tag an enemy player more like Bloodhound / Crypto effect (The current tag is too short and vague, no movement or info on which legend attacked)

Have his decoys jump and climb over things in their path  (Right now most small rocks or object in front of them causes them to dissapear. lol wut)

The decoys can shoot while they run, they dont do damage just cause confusion sound wise (Make noise or maybe they yell Mirage Quips),

His decoys can look like other legends,

He has multiple decoys on a charge timer like Wattson / Caustic traps. He can store up to 2-4 that recharge at a slower rate like 20 sec each or something.

(This would be my favorite as his gameplay would be much more fun coming up with ways to bamboozle enemy players)

His passive definitely needs work as the effect seems like something that should be added to the helmet or backpack as an effect. You never want to be downed in any situation so the passive is a always a last resort. And what if you are the last person left on your team? Its useless. Solo modes? Useless. Fighting someone with a digital threat or bloodhound? Useless. See where I'm getting at?

As soon as you down a mirage you know hes just slowly crawling around and the prompt to execute shows where he actually is too! U S E L E S S!

Even with a gold shield the amount of distance you can cover while downed is so minimal that you can barely get away far enough to use it before the enemy team hears you reviving and wrecks you.

I think his passive should be something like these:

When decoys get shot they reduce Cooldown on his ULT or Tactical again so he can keep sending more out.

If his shield gets cracked or his health drops below a certain threshold he sends out a random decoy in a direction or he can switch places with a decoy he sent out prior.

I think his Ultimate is in a decent spot. Except for the decoys he spawns. They just need to not even appear.

Keeping them is fine too, but Have them run in all directions, not stand in 1 really obvious circle. " Look at me I'm Mirage and I am definitely invisible trying to flank you right now!"

As is when you use Mirages Ultimate near any halfway decent player they know to listen and look for footsteps and can see exactly where you originated the ultimate from.

TLDR: Please give Mirage the ability to be like he is in the Season 3 trailer. Multiple decoys bamboozling people. Right now he gets 1.... 1 decoy every 15 seconds that runs in 1 direction aimlessly and gets cancelled on the smallest pebble standing in its way. Give him that Juicy Porkchop buff he deserves.

Message 1 of 34 (2,176 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
@YEETCEPTION7 Just make it so when you hold down the tactical ability button a wheel will appear with the actions you want your decoy to do, I love your idea about multiple decoys I always wished he can do that, As for the passive I say keep it but make it more effective like longer invisibility time and faster movement while being downed, and also add the ability you mentioned where shooting a decoy will make his tactical or ult have shorter cool down but maybe that would make him a little bit op

View in thread

Message 2 of 34 (2,137 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide
@YEETCEPTION7 Just make it so when you hold down the tactical ability button a wheel will appear with the actions you want your decoy to do, I love your idea about multiple decoys I always wished he can do that, As for the passive I say keep it but make it more effective like longer invisibility time and faster movement while being downed, and also add the ability you mentioned where shooting a decoy will make his tactical or ult have shorter cool down but maybe that would make him a little bit op
Message 2 of 34 (2,138 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That's a great idea and adds more skill base to mirages kit that he sorely needs. Love it!

Message 3 of 34 (2,114 Views)

★ Guide

I think the multiple decoys thing would really only work if the decoys were random legends though.

Message 4 of 34 (2,064 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Mate I completely agree with everything you said. As a Mirage main this guy does need a buff and a little rework.

Message 5 of 34 (2,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

What is really odd is that I've heard from a lot of other players that multiple decoys would make Mirage too strong.

Anyone care to elaborate? Most people don't fall for decoys simply because of their botlike movement but apparently adding 2-3 more at once would suddenly make him a God.

Id be happy with just 1 extra decoy but I want more interesting interactions with them than running in a straight line.

Message 6 of 34 (2,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Trying to keep the thread alive, idea time.  I agree, lets have smarter decoys that can climb or wall hang or change direction when they hit an impassable object, this would make the bamboozle more likely.  

A step further upon this idea, a trade off of sorts if the decoys can not be made to be more realistic with a more advanced pinging of enemy, how about the decoy points its weapon at the first target within a 100 meters of it and tracks it. So you can send it to flush out a enemy.

It runs its linear path by the enemy and gets ignored because it does not behave like a player, but if the decoy could track an enemy within line of sight and I would suggest the closest enemy to the decoy and locks onto them, then the enemy is more likely to be bamboozled because this decoy is now aiming at them.

This could give Mirage a better tracking tool because you send out a decoy, (even if it can only run in one direction) but then it aims at a enemy and starts side strafing them, then you know some one is over there hiding and they have a split second to decide. It gets shot, pinged, it does not get shot, you have an idea of the general direction an enemy might be through visual cues.

This would make mirage a better play with higher bamboozling capability.

And how about that three charges of decoys, or maybe reduce the cooldown so it is possible to use a decoy more than once in a firefight.

Oh and lastly, really hoping “Dummie’s Dance Party” is added to his ultimate soon, that would create some great bamboozling but I would like to see 3 seconds added to the Ultimate in use time for better pushing and escaping.

Message 7 of 34 (1,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Right now our boy just doesnt have enough team utility either. It would be cool if he could give teamates a benefit like invisibility when downed or when being revived. 

Octane gives jump pads, crypto gives survelleince, hell even caustic gives more benefit with gas cover. Mirage? Nothing for anyone. I wish he had team utility but why would you ever choose him over Gibby, Watson, Wraith or Pathy. They are much better in every respect to what they offer a team and tactical abilities.

Help respawn!

Message 8 of 34 (1,817 Views)

★★ Guide
@YEETCEPTION7 going to try to keep this thread on the top! Mirage is definitely my favorite legend, but he is probably one of, if not, the worst legend in the game.

#Mirageneedssomelove
Message 9 of 34 (1,794 Views)

★★ Guide
@YEETCEPTION7 Back to the top, seen other Mirage Buff posts, this one is still the best.
Message 10 of 34 (1,690 Views)