[Megathread] Pathfinder Changes Feedback

by Emilisc0

Original Post

Re: Why you guys nerf path like that man no fun playing path now :)

★★ Novice

"If hes nothing without the grapple then he shouldn't have it"

In all seriousness I think this Nerf might be harsh but after a while you won't notice.  The biggest change is probably just that you will need to calculated with your grapples as you probably only get one grapple per fight.

Message 81 of 412 (453 Views)

Give path his Grapple back but nerf his Zipline

★★★★ Guide

Just an idea to bring path back from the dead, 

-15 seconds on his grapple

-Nerf his zipline, increase the cooldown, decrease the range, enemies should be able to destroy it.

-Maybe nerf his passive, only give him one zone scan.

His grapple should remain untouched as it is what defines him, pathfinder is worthless without his grapple. 

Message 82 of 412 (427 Views)

Pathfinder nerf was overkill and here is why

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Wraith gets a free out of jail card invulnerability that lasts like what, 3-4 seconds? She also has a tiny hitbox and broken strafing animation.

Path on the other hand has a quite bigger hitbox, is quite more easily visible almost all the time, has violently loud steps

and is vulnerable before, during and after the grapple PLUS the grapple can be "ruined" or failed, meaning it can be useless. It also has to be mastered, whereas Wraith simply has to reposition herself.

And YET, they are both on the same cooldown now?

Not to mention mobility was his entire identity and he is literally the only character listed as SCOUT class but now you simply CANNOT use his grapple to get around the map (aka: SCOUT) anymore, as it means it would be on cooldown when you really need it - you now pretty much have to conserve it for when you absolutely need it, much like wraith.

This makes absolutely no sense and stripped him entirely of his identity and usefulness and basically forces pathfinder into a passive playstyle, which again, makes no sense for a SCOUT class.

It is true that his kit overall is quite stronger than many other legends, but that doesnt mean you should nerf him into oblivion, it means you should adjsut the kits of other legends instead or at the VERY LEAST modifiy their numbers, which is something respawn does not do enough whatsoever, if at all (examples: bloodhound being UNTOUCHED for almost an entire year. Mirage being UNTOUCHED for almost an entire year. etc etc).

I propose a middleground of 20 Seconds for the cooldown, no more than that. Maybe even just 18.

With 15 seconds it was already scratching the limit of whether you can grapple twice in one fight, with 20 you will be forced to grapple much more conservatively already.

And again, buff other legends or nerf him in other ways but this was too harsh.

Message 83 of 412 (409 Views)

Re: Pathfinder Nerf Suggestion

★★★★ Guide
@aFrostHound Agree with you, that nerf is stupid.

Falling down when hit grappling would be extremely frustrating idk about that.

I suggest nerfing his zipline and passive A LOT, but leaving his grapple alone (15s CD).
Message 84 of 412 (486 Views)

Re: You guys are ruining this game lol

[ Edited ]

@fartnitepalyerWell, did a match with Pathfinder. Didn't win, but racked up 7 kills, escaped death 3 times, were placed third. Ability just isn't spammable anymore.

If anything, those two heated battles I had during this match have shown me that Hipfire is near useless.

Message 85 of 412 (542 Views)

Re: Why you guys nerf path like that man no fun playing path now :)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Nako485I have like 5k kills on path, and tbh I play him pretty damn well. He is not the same legend without his grapple on a 15s cd, hes trash now. I would rather have his zipline removed than have his grapple on 35s cd. I just wanna play my fav grapple boy Frown

Message 86 of 412 (447 Views)

Re: Pathfinder

★★★★ Guide
@lmKryptic Good idea.
Message 87 of 412 (443 Views)

Re: You guys are ruining this game lol

★★ Guide

I won my first game with him this season, doesn't make the nerf more justified.

Message 88 of 412 (531 Views)

Pathfinder balanced properly, hear me out.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

For starters:

Wraith gets a free out of jail card invulnerability that lasts like what, 3-4 seconds? She also has a tiny hitbox and broken strafing animation.

Path on the other hand has a quite bigger hitbox, is quite more easily visible almost all the time, has violently loud steps

and is vulnerable before, during and after the grapple PLUS the grapple can be "ruined" or failed, meaning it can be useless. It also has to be mastered, whereas Wraith simply has to reposition herself.

And YET, they are both on the same cooldown now.

Not to mention mobility was his entire identity and he is literally the only character listed as SCOUT class but now you simply CANNOT use his grapple to get around the map (aka: SCOUT) anymore, as it means it would be on cooldown when you really need it - you now pretty much have to conserve it for when you absolutely need it, much like wraith.

This makes absolutely no sense and stripped him entirely of his identity and usefulness and basically forces pathfinder into a passive playstyle, which again, makes no sense for a SCOUT class.

It is true that his kit overall is quite stronger than many other legends, but that doesnt mean you should nerf him into oblivion, it means you should adjsut the kits of other legends instead or at the VERY LEAST modifiy their numbers, which is something respawn does not do enough whatsoever, if at all (examples: bloodhound being UNTOUCHED for almost an entire year. Mirage being UNTOUCHED for almost an entire year. etc etc).

I propose a middleground of 20 Seconds for the cooldown, no more than that. Maybe even just 18.

With 15 seconds it was already scratching the limit of whether you can grapple twice in one fight, with 20 you will be forced to grapple much more conservatively already.

If necessary the grappling range could also be nerfed, for which even tiny amounts would mean drastic difference in potential max travel distance.

I would rather have a 10-30% shorter grapple distance and keep the 15 second cooldown than this and I am sure many people would agree.

Also, the acceleration could be slowed further, which would make him more vulnerable during the grapple, making it much more situational for escaping.

All of these are better than just simply more than doubling the cooldown of his trademark ability.

Lastly, it's the other legends that need buffs, not the good ones that need to be nerfed into oblivion. Path and Wraith always stood out because they simply have some of the best abilities/kits, but alos because other legends have not recieved nearly as much attention and active rebalancing as they needed.

Message 89 of 412 (478 Views)

Re: Pathfinder unplayable now.

★ Guide
@DeyTukErJerb Wow *someone* can’t write apparently. And it shows since you can't formulate a simple sentence throughout your entire reply that would even be considered grammatically correct. Please for the love of God kid, grow up. Honestly, people have been asking for a nerf on Pathfinder for as long as they have been for asking for Wraith's, and it was specifically because of the grapple. And guess what? Wraith was "executed" too, but over time we learned to adapt to the EXACT same change that you Path main's are being put through. "Oh he's useless now because I can't run away from a fight!" Adapt you absolute *. I have been playing Pathfinder for the past hour now just to make sure I'm not saying things without knowing what I'm talking about. And Guess what!? I can still get kills, outrun teammates, and escape fights! But hey, maybe it will take some players some time to re-adjust. Maybe in that time you can pull the wedgie out from that "shiny metal a$$" of yours. We all have our problems kiddo, grow up and deal with your own. The game isn't meant to be catered to you so that the weak can have a playground.
Message 90 of 412 (520 Views)