[Megathread] Pathfinder Changes Feedback

by Emilisc0

Original Post

Re: Grapple cooldown unreasonably high

★★★ Apprentice
@heme725 i agree, it does make him less fun. i also agree with you that he should be more punishable with a bad push, as any character should. I believe this does not need to be solved with a grapple CD change. You’re quoting the devs statement on why he got the nerf, I think pathfinder coming in and out unpunished is more of a complaint from newer players since they get frustrated they can’t hit him. When you are flying through the air path can’t really shoot since firing in the air is pretty inaccurate and unless you slide cancel on the ground you have a decently long “hard landing” animation in which you are very vulnerable to being shot. Pathfinder grappling in is countered by good team play which i also understand doesn’t always exist in pubs. Anyway, they could make him more punishable by making his hitbox slightly larger to make it easier for players to hit, while perhaps reducing his CD back to normal. They could also make him take more damage while using grapple which makes you have to use it more carefully. They could give him multiple charges of grapple. Those are just a few examples off the top of my head now. A 35 second grapple is a hilarious sledgehammer nerf, like almost unbelievable 😂
Message 401 of 412 (532 Views)

★★ Pro

Its completely untrue that only the newbies were complaining about Pathyfinder grapple CD. It was a massive problem.
I can said i watch plenty of pros, and in 99,99% of the time if the Pathfinder knows how to grapple, almost no one can shoot him, because of the weird animation and angle during his graple.

Yeah its sounds drastic from 15 to 35 seconds, but the reason for that is, they let him stay insanely strong for way too long, while Wraith was constantly nerfed for example, esp her tactical.

The time for this game being around 2 legends - aka Pathfinder and Wraith and everyone else is over.

Don`t think i agree with everything Respawn is doing, this is not true. But when they do something right, they do it. The best way to fix Pathfinder OPness was exactly his grapple.

20 or 25 seconds wouldn`t change anything.

His grapple is multifunctional ability, can be used for so many different things and thats why is that strong. You can reposition during a fight, run from it, if enemies are under cover to literally surprise them with a grapple above them and land behind them, you can take high ground(which is a big + in a fight) and so much more.

I think they did the right thing by nerfinh his CD.

Anything of your suggestion would have been worst in my eyes. 

Tho his hitbox is tiny and its weird, but i think its okay as it is(his head is nonexistent, which is a big + tho), but i very rarely have a problem to land my shots on Pathy. Tho i see some of the pro players that complain sometimes about his hitbox. FunFPs is one of them, he was hating hard on it at one point. :D

Message 402 of 412 (575 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@LordloshBang Thanks for your input bud! It’s interesting how you feel that way without posting any vods or proof of funFPS or any other pros saying that. Wasn’t talking to you though i was talking to the other guy :D
Cheers mate.
Message 403 of 412 (548 Views)

★★ Pro

If you think i`m lying okay. As far as the videos i`m not watching 10 minutes highlites, where you actually can`t learn anything from.

I`m watching Pros whole streames, which are 6+ hours every single days. FunFPS often streams for 10+ hours.

Also after a certain amount of time, the video is deleted, so how can i get the exact same stream i watch, and find the exact time on it 

I don`t care if you think i`m lying or not, i`m watching pro streamers, its my routine and im trying to learn as much as possible. Sometimes i watch it just for fun. 

In of his streams he was getting mad exactly about Pathy hitbox and its not a isolated case.

There is others pros that also complain about Pathy hitbox in their streams.

Anyway we stretch this too far i said what i think of.

Message 404 of 412 (520 Views)

Re: Pathfinder changes feedback

★★★★ Pro
@43562718 Sucks that you have to actually fight now instead of grapple away as soon as someone shoots doesn't it?
Message 405 of 412 (504 Views)

Re: Pathfinder unplayable now.

★ Apprentice

#buffpathfinder

Message 406 of 412 (469 Views)

Re: Overkill nerf on pathfinder

★★★★★ Apprentice

@DeyTukErJerb yeah honestly if they could make a rework for path that would be nice or at least modify it in a way to not have a grapple as the only thing you can get away with 

Message 407 of 412 (446 Views)

Re: [Megathread] Pathfinder Changes Feedback

★★★ Newbie

My character has been completely ruined, for god's sake please bring him back to a useable state. A gunfight can be completely over in 35 seconds, I miss pathfinder.

Message 408 of 412 (422 Views)

★★ Pro

@washere428 wrote:

My character has been completely ruined, for god's sake please bring him back to a useable state. A gunfight can be completely over in 35 seconds, I miss pathfinder.

Or can be stretch to 5 minute, right? They clearly say they want you to use your tactical once a fight, which is 100% right and fine.

You shouldn`t be able to grapple like Spiderman 10 times during a fight.

Message 409 of 412 (395 Views)

★ Guide

they can keep the 35 sec cool down but remove the damn low profile, for the love of god ! or keep the low profile and cut it back to 30 sec which is much more reasonable ! Even a 5 sec can make a huge difference, Wraith and path finder were fun legends and they still are but not as much, just because new players are complaining that a certain legend is OP, they are just new to the game, and also what needs to be fixed is that damn Skunk Legend, every ranked match has one of those skunk which makes it quite annoying to push a building ! 

Message 410 of 412 (340 Views)