Make Wraith Invisible When Using Dimensional Rift

by Anonymous

Original Post

Re: Make Wraith Invisible When Using Dimensional Rift

★ Guide

Nope, I don't want that, would make her too strong IMO.

She already has an "oh *" button.

If you give her a second "oh *" button, but add an "oh *, well now I can get really really far and set up a portal ambush even though I was the one ambushed in the first place", it wouldn't seem right.

She deserves to be seen when using the Portal, for all the times I've aimed on her, shot, but missed because of her smaller hitbox.

Message 31 of 34 (282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The ability to follow you where your going and kill you is not the mark of a good player but a bad wraith player.

It sounds like your consistently getting in fights by yourself and you expect the ability to be a guaranteed reset when it doesn't go your way.. If that was the case all wraith players would have to do is keep resetting until it does go their way..

My question is where is your squad and where are you going? If your squad is 50 meters behind you when you start a fight and you try to go to a rock 50 meters in front of you, you aren't doing it right. You just gave them a free kill and cover from your squad... Why are they able to follow you and ignore your squad who should be shooting/killing them? If you use the ability to head back to your squad a good player won't blindly chase you thirsting for a kill only to get themselves killed.

A good player will have to consider their own health and armor and whether chasing you is worth it. If I know your squad is dead or you are trying to Rambo it by yourself I'm going to follow you and kill you... Not because I'm good, but because you are bad.

Message 32 of 34 (267 Views)

★ Guide
AyothaKAT What? Mirage's cloak is horrendous. If you have eyes and aren't trying to shoot him from 400m away with iron sights you can see the man. He literally glows bright white the whole time...

But back to the topic at hand, Wraith is already super strong, I don't think she needs to be even stronger. Her portal is for repositioning your team, and she can go invulnerable for a short while already with her Q. It can get you out of horrible situations, or let you get a better angle. I think it needs to have some downside somewhere or else the only person anyone would ever play is Wraith.

I can't imagine how powerful being able to put a portal behind any team, with a VERY short cooldown, without ANY risk would be. You'd be getting flanked constantly be entire teams popping out of nowhere.

I agree it's hard to close the distance in a place with no cover by yourself as Wraith, but it's a team game, so try to use your squad, like if you've got a Bangalore or Octane to help cover the distance, or else try to pick different fights.

I think Wraith's got a ton of strong points, too many of them really, I think she needs to have a weakness like difficulty in wide cover-less areas.
Message 33 of 34 (249 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ability- invisible but vulnerable.

Ultimate- dont mess with it, its perfect as is.

Both at same time- slightly visible with slight damage reduction.

Message 34 of 34 (195 Views)