Make Wraith Invisible When Using Dimensional Rift

by Anonymous

Original Post

Re: Make Wraith Invisible When Using Dimensional Rift

★★★★★ Novice
I am fine with the powers the way they are I just wish you could turn them off earlier. Pop in and out of invisibility faster to help catch people off guard or end the teleporter early once you are done using it. Or leave it up for bait.
Message 11 of 34 (760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wraith’s powers are well balanced but maybe make it so her “In to the Void” trail is less viable and travel a little faster.

Message 12 of 34 (754 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
The later part of your post is the only thing is accurate. Her ultimate really offers no genuine purpose and is far inferior to pathfinders mobility. She's meant to be a offensive champion. It should be reworked entirely.
Message 13 of 34 (744 Views)

Anonymous

I agree being able to do something along those lines may be a bit OP but I’m sure there are other methods of improving her abilities without breaking her completely. 

She is one of my favourite hero’s yet her abilities just don’t seem to be very versatile imo.

Currently I main lifeline as as I feel her abilities are more team orientated as are most of the other hero abilities.

I dont think it’s coincidence that most of the solo queuers I come across play Wraith. 

To me, I feel as though with a bit of tweaking, Wraith could be used very effectively as a flanker, similar to Sombra or something in Overwatch. The TTK in this game wouldn’t really allow her to be too OP in a flanking scenario since she couldn’t just rush in, squad wipe and flee. 

Also, being able to throw utility like smokes & nades through her portal would be useful. 

Message 14 of 34 (736 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah there's other ideas to explore than making wraith invisible while ulting.

What I'd like would be to instantly being able to link your portal to one of your teammates instead of having to run all across the map.

It would be a fair change to her ultimate I think. Just look at one of your teammates use ult and boom, you have a portal next to him and next to you.

Would be much more useful without being too OP, or to trample on Pathfinder's ult.

Message 15 of 34 (720 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Mirage is never truly invisible he turns into a white shadow which is actually extremely too easy to spot.

Message 16 of 34 (690 Views)

★★ Apprentice
good idea
Message 17 of 34 (664 Views)

★ Guide

Reposition quickly through the safety of void space, avoiding all damage.

Wraiths ability has nothing to do with invisibility, its about invincibility. its about "not taking damage", not "not being seen" youre supposed to use it to avoid taking damage, cross open areas without taking being shot or avoiding grenades that you wont be able to move out the way of. chances are you are using it as a getaway ability, "oh shoot im low health, i cant win this fight, i better run and heal" 

Its pretty well balanced since mirage is not quite invisible but harder to spot (which i feel he should be fully invisible) yet he can still take damage where as you are seen and cannot take damage.

Making her totally invisible would make it far too powerful.

Message 18 of 34 (652 Views)

Anonymous
"Reposition quickly through the safety of void space, avoiding all damage."

You can still take damage though?

There isn't really anything 'safe' about it imo. You can take damage, be traced & followed through the void.

Having played with/as her more over the last few days I still feel as though she needs a rework/redesign.

In my mind I can see her as a flanker, getting in and out of combat fast with minimal damage taken but rn she doesn't really do that & I'm struggling to find scenarios in which her abilities are more useful than any other hero ability.
Message 19 of 34 (641 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well you should'nt be save at any moment, you obviously just want her to be the best charakter. She is fine where she is at right now. If you can't make any use of her ult, than you should get better at Wraith. Don't suggest to change her because you don't like her Ult. This is still a Shooter and not abou Charakter's throwing abilitys at each other, reconsider League of Legends or Dota 2.

Message 20 of 34 (632 Views)