Love the Wraith nerfs!!

by DankToliet

Original Post

Re: Love the Wraith nerfs!!

★★★ Expert

@IAmTheMeddler wrote:
@WingmannedbroIf the 'Q' isn't the main draw to use her as a legend, but her ultimate is, then there should be no problem with this nerf since her ultimate remained the same.

Not entirely since you apparently have lowered movement speed when setting a portal and phasing.

But reading the patchnotes, I guarantee this changes absolutely nothing in the high ranked meta.

It's still gonna be Wraith Path X the last being Gib Lifeline or Bang.

Message 11 of 23 (472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro
  • @WingmannedbroJust going to have to nerf her more then. Increase low profile damage taken and make her fat.
Message 12 of 23 (459 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DankToliet wrote:
  • @WingmannedbroJust going to have to nerf her more then. Increase low profile damage taken and make her fat.

Yeah let's do what you say, and watch the twitch viewership for Apex drop from 15K to 1K in the next months so we can all go play Fortnite together.

How hard is it to understand that designing the game in a way that completely forces teams to play wraith (choke points, ridiculously overbuffed G7) and then punishing wraith players by nerfing the Q and leave the realities of the portals completely unchanged is an odd decision?

If they actually nerf Wraith to the point where she's so bad in combat to the point where nobody will play her. What happens next is that everyone gets frustrated from arbitrarily dying at choke points and to ring damage in ranked.

Message 13 of 23 (455 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Wingmannedbro Make a brand new game and the only character you can pick is Wraith then. No developer should cater for Twitch views over balance to game and not be called sell outs.

Or just add "Wraith mode" to the playlists = problem solved. Everyone plays as Wraith which in turn equals One Hundred Billion new Twitch views.
Message 14 of 23 (437 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I’m not a Wraith main but I do feel like the nerf is odd.

At this point it really seems like Respawn is buffing/nerfing based on character popularity; as if its a bad thing that one character is more popular than others. 

Its clear that they want Gibraltar to be the most picked character, as he has been buffed to almost troll-like levels. So what happens when everyone starts picking him— are they going to then turn around and nerf him?

Where is the logic?

Message 15 of 23 (420 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Axs5626Sxa5001 IF* everyone starts picking him. They may want the community to play other Legends. I doubt the Wraith or Pathfinder population will take any significant hit.
Message 16 of 23 (415 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@DankToliet

I’m not sure issuing buffs and nerfs based on pickrate is the best way to go about designing a multiplayer experience. Don’t get me wrong, I see the relevance, I just think game balance should take priority over popularity.
Message 17 of 23 (410 Views)

★★ Guide

@DankToliet 

Don't forget to buff Caustic while were at it.

Message 18 of 23 (408 Views)

★★★ Expert

@DankToliet wrote:
@WingmannedbroMake a brand new game and the only character you can pick is Wraith then. No developer should cater for Twitch views over balance to game and not be called sell outs.

Or just add "Wraith mode" to the playlists = problem solved. Everyone plays as Wraith which in turn equals One Hundred Billion new Twitch views.

These are not "balance" patches dude. It's based on popularity.

That's why Pathfinder got the "low profile" debuff given to "smaller" legends, allegedly to "balance" the game even tho Pathfinder is the 3rd largest character after the blubber bros.

Message 19 of 23 (386 Views)

★★ Guide
@Wingmannedbro After this patch i started thinking that the next heirloom is gonna be for Gibby.
Message 20 of 23 (349 Views)