Loba underwhelming?

by xSidonut

Original Post

Loba underwhelming?

★★★ Novice

So, I've been playing Loba recently. Just because she has a kit that looks fun and appealing. Her black market allows me to quickly grab a Hop-up, or to grab an Extended Mag I wasn't able to find during my landing. But now that I've played her a bit. I've stumbled upon some troubles with her Bracelet.

The idea of her Bracelet sounds super cool, and it sounds viable on paper. Though I've come to the realisation that the Bracelet is one of the hardest abilities to use in the game. Now, I'm not saying "Yo Respawn, buff this thing because it's hard to use". Not at all. What I mean specifically is that whenever I want to use the Bracelet in a fight, whether it is for escaping or engaging, it feels SUPER slow. The throwing animation takes a long time. If you threw it at a higher angle so that it's somewhere high in the air, it takes a long time for it to come down upon reactivation. And don't even get me started on the time you need to wait while the Bracelet is mid-air. After it lands, it feels like you are stunned for however long the duration is to put it back on your wrist.

Given all this, the Bracelet, to me, sounds like a good reposition tool. But it's just way too slow overal. I've had several occasions where I wanted to disengage from a fight, but me throwing the Bracelet towards a safe location simply took too long, resulting in my death. This could also mean that I'm straight up bad with her Bracelet. But I'd debate that thought. I've had plenty of encounters with enemy Lobas, trying to engage on me, or throw it towards a location which would give them a positional advantage. But I'd simply laugh at them while shooting them because they are defenseless during the "stunned" animation (I know it's not actually a stun, but I'm going to call it that for now).

My goal with this post is to see what you guys think about her. Do you also think her Bracelet feels clunky or slow? What are your experiences with the Bracelet, specifically during a fight?

Message 1 of 3 (303 Views)

Re: Loba underwhelming?

★★★★ Guide

@xSidonut None of her abilities are useful in a fight. The only time I use her tactical tactical in a gunfight is when I want to escape through a window. I use it primarily to gain good position before a fight starts or for looting.

I'd like it if the got rid of either the bright glow the bracelet makes when thrown or the loud sound it gives off. This way it can be used to stealthily reposition when nobody has a line of sight on her.

I do like that she is punished hard when she uses her bracelet in front of opponents. It's interesting to have multiple movement abilities with different strengths and weaknesses.

Message 2 of 3 (279 Views)

Re: Loba underwhelming?

★★★ Newbie
@xSidonut Just reduced the throw animation, make the projectile much faster and the recast too and buff the just a bit the range also reduced by like 30% the end animation but make it very noisy to prevent hard flank and reduced the cooldown by 5 second and for ult make it 3 or 4 slot and more range like +20% with faster animation and for passive more range
Message 3 of 3 (228 Views)