Re: Loba Transport Ability

by BarryBarker

Original Post

Loba Transport Ability

★ Novice

2 things needed fixed/removed from this character:

The trajectory line for "Burglar's best friend" ability shouldn't be able to be seen by enemies. It doesn't make sense that an enemy can preemptively aim where your going to appear.  Which brings me to my second point:

Either remove the animation at the end of the "Burglar's best friend" ability or speed it up significantly. It insanely frustrating to know that you can't teleport anywhere near an enemy because you'll be stuck in a 2-3 second animation of just putting a bracelet on. I have died many times just because I was unable to shoot back and I'm sure many other have as well.

Message 1 of 2 (245 Views)

Re: Loba Transport Ability

★★★★★ Novice

@GrimReaper245 I agree that the trail on the bracelet and the landing animation make Loba more difficult to use and easier to kill midfight. Although this is very viable feedback, it could make her too sweaty for high-level game play and wouldn't correlate with the rest of the Legends abilities if they removed the animation (or reduced it significantly) and trail completely. Let me explain in more detail how the trail correlates with other legends and how the landing animation is a reasonable feature.

Some of the Legends have abilities with trails similar to the blue trail which shows the trajectory of Loba's bracelet. Wraith's phase is the most similar to Loba's bracelet because it has a navy blue/purple trail that shows where she's going when she phases and similarly has a short delay before she can start shooting again. Octane is less similar but he still has a green aura around his body when he stems. Pathfinder is even less similar because you can see his grapple come out and has an even shorter delay when pulling out his gun.

Since Loba's tactical ability allows her to move from one point to another without taking damage from the space in between (unlike pathfinder) it seems reasonable for her to have a short animation before she can start to fire again.

As you may already know, you can activate Loba's bracelet early to stop at a shorter length than expected which can throw the enemy off. The trail will actually throw your opponent off when you land earlier than its expected course. You can also land on buildings or behind cover to give yourself more time to draw your weapon and start shooting again. Although Loba's tactical ability will not guarantee you safety or a strategic edge over your opponent you will become much better by watching high-level game play and practice.

Something that I do think needs to be fixed is the vertical trajectory of Loba's bracelet and the fact that it cancels when you're falling off the map. I have fallen off the map, thrown my bracelet to safety and still died because the tactical ability canceled. The trajectory of Loba's bracelet is also significantly lower when thrown vertically onto a building or some other type of incline.

Thanks for the suggestion and I hope this reply helps. Happy gaming!

Message 2 of 2 (217 Views)