Re: Lifeline - revive without shield toggle/option

by DrenMadre

Original Post

Lifeline - revive without shield toggle/option

★ Guide

Lifeline should have an option to let you revive without the shield either with a different button or a button combo... so you can basically choose to use it or not each time you revive. The shield can be a help in some situations, but in others it is clearly a detriment, telegraphing to enemies that now would be a great moment to push in.

I cannot think of any other legend who has an ability which can be such a detriment in the wrong situation, and as abilities are supposed to provide gameplay advantages and not hinder the player, toggling off the shield seems like a natural thing to be able to do... ideally lifeline should be able to toggle on/off the shield at any time during the revive, as needed.

Message 1 of 5 (393 Views)

Community Manager

@kartikins wrote:

The shield can be a help in some situations, but in others it is clearly a detriment, telegraphing to enemies that now would be a great moment to push in.

I feel like it's more of the sound of the shield that gives it away, but in some situations the fast revive can be used to bait enemies to advance to you. Ever used it to lure the enemy towards your Peacekeeper? Wink

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (377 Views)

★ Guide

I don't like the added complexity of a turn on-off shield button for Lifeline, especially not when I feel she is the perfect example of a balanced legend.

I'd think it should be up to the player to estimate which is more risky, revive or clear out the enemy first.

Message 3 of 5 (373 Views)

★ Guide
The added complexity...? It would be a single button like gibbie's arm shield that you could toggle on and off... Also it would be incredibly useful as her shield is very obvious in heavy foilage, smoke, or gas and is a beacon for grenade spam and heavy pushes. It also has the added "bonus" of clipping through walls...So happy I paid ten dollars to bug test Respawn's game for them. I'm sure they'll get around to fixing the clipping issue by the end of this century.
Message 4 of 5 (293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

I feel like it's more of the sound of the shield that gives it away, but in some situations the fast revive can be used to bait enemies to advance to you. Ever used it to lure the enemy towards your Peacekeeper? Wink

Same with Gibby's shield.......second it pops up, it's a "charge me" banner to the other team......funny when they walk into it to a facefull of grenades (which they don't get a warning for until they're under the dome)  Wink

Message 5 of 5 (267 Views)