Re: Lifeline re-rework from a lifeline main

by heme725

Original Post

★★ Expert
@SadLifeline6991 Well, she can use it for cover, and since it isn’t 360 there are parts she can fire through without having to go halfway through the barrier.
Plus, she can do it anytime, whereas Gibby can only do it every (45?) seconds.
Message 11 of 13 (162 Views)

★★ Pro

And i don`t know if this is intended or not, but you can`t interrupt the auto-revive. You have to do 100 damage to the player that is being auto-revived, which is even more OP/Broken.

I said it again, 2 things you should not mess up with - death and revive. By doing this you are taking the kills out of the players hand, and this is 1000000000000% wrong.

At the end of the day we are playing for kills and for the win.

This rework is stupid, lazy and totally unfair/unbalance. You take the rightful advantage of the team that get to this advantages by downing enemy player.

And this is totally game breaking and totally change the way your playing this game, and i can`t agree with that. If its a new game(aka first 6 months of the game) and you are doing constantly changing of the game and styles and so on, okay i may agree, but making everyone change their playstyle with every patch is wrong. 

The only thing Lifeline wasn`t needed was to rework her passive. It was perfectly fine.They totally mess up with this new patch, totally.

Message 12 of 13 (152 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SadLifeline6991 I'm not against support characters having 1v1 ability but Lifeline was 90% Combat and 10% Medic in my eyes. Her Ult was weak and healing drone is slower than a med kit. Her revive was nice but the strongest part of her kit was suited towards fighting.

As for her new revive its still useful when it fails.

- You can effectively use your reviving team mate as bait for any rushing enemy and get a free knock.

- Use the shield from the revive as cover while firing back.

If they fail to prevent the revive then you've doubled your fighting force with minimal risk. There should be no downsides to attempting a revive as long as your team mate doesn't stupidly die in the middle of an open plain or isolated against a full team.

As for the Gibraltar/Wraith situation well.. kinda. Ideally Gibraltar drops dome for protection and ult as a deterrent while Wraith portals out. Enemies can still breach the dome before the bombardment if it isn't timed properly so its still better to defend as Gibby instead of revive. The golden backpack changes the story though.

@LordloshBang Except for your first point you're probably right about everything you say here. You shouldn't change the play styles of legends so freely and reworking Lifeline's passive wasn't necessary.

Lifeline also didn't need a rework at all just a buff to her Ult and maybe tactical. Unfortunately (fortunately to me) many people complained about Gibraltar stealing her abilities which pressured the devs to make Lifeline more unique. If you have a complaint about the Lifeline changes then blame the community because it was inevitable.

Message 13 of 13 (118 Views)