Lifeline is broken!!

by alexm120115

Original Post

Re: Lifeline is broken!!

★★★★★ Expert
@CCbathwater I think it be better if she has to buy that ability and have a max of 3 auto revives.
Message 11 of 34 (566 Views)

★★ Expert
@Midnight9746 Are you suggesting that Lifeline has to buy her passive while Gibby gets gun shield for free and Octane gets unlimited health regen for free? Okay then.
Message 12 of 34 (546 Views)

★ Guide
@alexm120115 Lifeline can get annoying in arenas, but she is not broken. Arenas is a great environment to abuse her. I personally do not think the gold backpack should be available at all in Arenas, as this would entirely fix the issue. That way, there is still an immediate cost to lifeline reviving you in Arenas.
Message 13 of 34 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@alexm120115 "Yes, thats partially why I play Lifeline. There will always be something that is extremely OP in this game. Otherwise it would be boring. Its annoying, I know."

There`s no sense on it. There are different characters on the game so all of them must be equally playable. Or else Respawn would just have to put 60 Lifeline on the field and it`s done.

Message 14 of 34 (488 Views)

★★ Expert
@CCbathwater Lifeline and Bloodhound are undeniably broken, Wattson only has a high win rate because shes being exploited in ranked with portable respawn beacons to farm RP/Badges and Gibralter is in a good spot imo although on the strong side... whats funny is Daniel Klein is planning on BUFFING Gibralter... its ridiculous
Message 15 of 34 (473 Views)

★★ Expert
@papahandsoap I agree that Lifeline’s auto revive by itself isn’t too broken but with a gold bag its extremely broken... just remove the gold bag entirely from Arenas and I might start playing again but even then its just going to be a sweat fest without objectives
Message 16 of 34 (474 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The thing about Octane's stim, and Gib's gun shield, is that Octane only heals when not taking damage after a short amount of time, and Gib's shield only has 50 HP, and you can just shoot his feet or hit him from behind. Meanwhile Lifeline + Golden Backpack = you have to deal 100 damage just to reknock a player. Octane's and Gib's passives don't "break" the gameplay in the way that Lifeline's does.

Message 17 of 34 (453 Views)

★ Guide
@alexm120115 I sort of agree, lifeline could use a few tweaks, perhaps being able to kill the drone cancelling the revive, but as ive stated before, nerfing legends tends to destroy them entirely.
Message 18 of 34 (441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CCbathwaterThe issue isn't that she's better or worse than anyone else, its that she's fully capable of turning around a fight without any real skill from the player. She just taps the res, and if they are far enough back, has the two up and going before the other team can readily push. Its not dependent on her player's skill, its just a simple button press. Granted up close she can be fairly easily stopped, but that takes away precious seconds where she is shooting at you without you shooting at her. (Grenades also take a second or two to deploy and re-equip weapons from)

She doesn't need a nerf, she needs her old kit back. The fast heals and shield were fair, because it took her out of the fight for a little bit.

Message 19 of 34 (415 Views)

★ Guide
@Arkuos16 Fast heals were the most op passive in the game. It was so good people played her despite her tactical, ult, and rez shield revives being garbage at the time. Imagine a lifeline fast heal batting red shields, or popping cells with gold shields pretty much immediately. She would pub stomp even more than she does already.
Message 20 of 34 (346 Views)