Lifeline is broken!!

by alexm120115

Original Post

Lifeline is broken!!

★★★ Newbie

Lifeline needs a nerf bad! In arenas she can just heal with the gold bag over and over again. She needs a cool down time between her drones. Like a 20 second cool down or something. She can revive people one after another after another. And it's to over powered. 

Message 1 of 34 (2,195 Views)

Re: Lifeline is broken!!

★★★★★ Guide
@alexm120115 Yes, thats partially why I play Lifeline. There will always be something that is extremely OP in this game. Otherwise it would be boring. Its annoying, I know.
Message 2 of 34 (2,160 Views)

★★ Guide
@alexm120115 Well Lifeline is a must character in Arenas, but isn't it the same with some legends in Battle Royale as well? Normally all legends should be equally strong and useful, but apparently this is not the case.
Message 3 of 34 (2,136 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@alexm120115 They increased her hitbox. You'll be able to melt her just fine. She's annoying but now she can be outplayed. Arc star or grenades for the winWink
Message 4 of 34 (2,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@alexm120115Lifeline absolutely killed Arenas for me so I stopped playing it entirely for about a month and a half, however in Skull Town it doesn’t seem as big of an issue with all of the different floors and cover to fight around, of course this is without a Gold Bag... with a gold bag its incredibly broken... just remove gold bags from arenas and I might start playing it again 

Lifeline needs to have a gauge similiar to Valkyrie’s passive and you won’t be able to auto revive until the guage recharges which should take a minimum of 10-15 seconds

Message 5 of 34 (2,092 Views)

★ Guide
@TheApexLegendNub Yeah. Putting an explicit cooldown (with a gauge) on Lifeline's rezbot is a great idea. It makes sense to cap her at two consecutive uses. I'd increase the price of the gold bag, too.

For me, the strongest evidence is seeing my Lifeline teammates finish with zero kills and little damage. If a Lifeline can back off, and let her teammates 2v3 or 1v3, that single "Goldyline" play is worth more than a whole squadmate, and that's clearly OP.
Message 6 of 34 (2,080 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@alexm120115 It 10000000000000000000% needs a cap, knocked a Lifeline's teammate 3 times for both players, and couldn't win because she kept tapping and healing with gold backpack - this NOT FUN AT ALL!
Message 7 of 34 (2,039 Views)

Hero

I mean follow through with your kills like most people do. =P Why you are not instantly pushing a team low on heals with 1 knocked is in no form a lifeline problem but instead a player strategy problem. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 34 (2,015 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@E9ine_AC both players being revived were on opposite sides of me, they were a Valk and a Path.

If I knock Path, and tried to finish him off, he puts up the knockdown shield as Lifeline shoots me in the back, so I try to kill him during the revive phase, but Lifeline and Valk would be an issue. I knock Valk, and reknock Path, and Lifeline just goes and taps on of them back up, shoots at me while going over to the other to tap them back up.

The problem is, my teammates were killed, and I can't "thirst" anyone, when they pull out that knockdown shield and I'm getting hit in the back by one player, and another player is half way picked back up with a golden backpack.

I used to think the Dev's removing Lifeline's rev shield was uncalled for, however this no-skill-required revive is more "manageable" but interrupting a revive doesn't seem to be easy. I can shoot at the person, and they still get revived - even if I hit the drone.

You may be thinking, "why not kill Lifeline?" If I were to go directly for her, (and I tried), both Valk and Path would be back up and back in my face, keeping her safe.

It was an endless cycle of "haha, can't touch this" - and arenas shouldn't be about keeping a 3v1 constantly alive just because the team of 3 has a healer.
Message 9 of 34 (1,982 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Yeah, let's nerf Lifeline again. She's just marginally better than Wattson and Rampart. We shall not stop our hate campaign until she is worse than the two. Then we can go back to play the game with legends in perfect balance, like Gibby, Octane, and Bloodhound.

Anyway, that there's an "issue" in Arenas is just tough, shouldn't get to effect abillities in BR mode.

Message 10 of 34 (1,970 Views)