Re: Lifeline Drone Resurrection Needs a cooldown or charges.

by Uberum

Original Post

Lifeline Drone Resurrection Needs a cooldown or charges.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This passive is so ridiculously broken when used repeatedly.  Lifeline can stand behind an invincible shield and defend.  Can be used infinitely.  Blocks all damage.  This ability is cool and all but it needs a balance update.

My ideas for drone resurrection ONLY

1) Give it two charges with a very long cooldown

Or

2) Give it a cooldown between uses of say 15 seconds.

Or

3) Give the resurrection shield a finite amount of health.  Say 400 or 500 to destroy the shield.  The actual resurrection can continue.

Or

4) Change nothing but give the ressurection shield part a cooldown instead.  Lifeline resurrecting in person can keep normal mechanics.

Pushing a knock is near impossible while lifeline can repeatedly resurrect with no penalties and continue to shoot you and stand behind an unbreakable shield.

Message 1 of 31 (3,387 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah it can be frustrating.  I have knocked the same person 9 times in a row with a scout.  Throwing the perfect grenade etc is near impossible unless you are already very close.

Please address this passive.  Easily the strongest passive of all legends.  This is a team game and this ability can give a huge advantage.

Message 2 of 31 (3,342 Views)

★ Guide

yeslifeline change idea.png

Message 3 of 31 (3,317 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well before this drone res she could res infinte amount of times with the same shield... If you knock someone from a distance and you can't follow up, that's your own fault. It's also the only time lifeline truely shines. Just because you don't play her don't suggest nerfing her because she outplayed you one time out of a 100... When you are in close range fights and she tries a res everyone just jumps you, and the downed guy has sure death sentence.. so it's not that big of a deal. Also read the devs reason for giving it to her.

Message 4 of 31 (3,281 Views)

★★ Pro

@Uberum wrote:

Well before this drone res she could res infinte amount of times with the same shield... If you knock someone from a distance and you can't follow up, that's your own fault. It's also the only time lifeline truely shines. Just because you don't play her don't suggest nerfing her because she outplayed you one time out of a 100... When you are in close range fights and she tries a res everyone just jumps you, and the downed guy has sure death sentence.. so it's not that big of a deal. Also read the devs reason for giving it to her.

Entirely untrue.

This ability is beyond broken. A lot of top streamers like ottr hate it, and can`t understand why someone will create such ridiculous OP ability. But looking what Devs is doing with Season 6, its obvious they don`t know their doing.

Its the sole reason i stopped playing during season 5.

My K/R drops significantly because of this OP ability. I have so many games where i got 1000 or even 1500 damage with no or just 1 kill, because of it.

I play random teams, and this auto-revive b.c. its make 1v2 or 1v3 impossible. Also turns the table in like 99% in favor of the Lifeline team in direct engagement.

Simple explaining how it was before and how its now:
Before:
You knock someone, and you are the team that got advantage. Most of the time your low, or your shield is gone and got to pop a battery and then push. Its up to the defending team(the ones that get teammate knock) to decide what to do, aka revive, retreat, defend or push and trying to get a knock of their own. Or defend/push with the idea of the other to get revived.

Now:

You knock someone, he pop a auto-revive and got a free shield, that he can move in and out, and can pretty much shoot you, and not get any damage, because of the shield.

Also this put the attackers into disadvantage. Firstable its stretch the fights(which can lead to 3rd party, and not only that, but to leave the fight without getting a kill and to loot, because they just auto-revive).

Secondly now its up to the team that get a knock, to decide what they need to do. Aka, let that kills get away, or push on low HP(99% of the time).

And if you push, its a big, big chance to get knocked, and killed.

Grenade, and just wait and knock people agaiin work in like 1/10 situations. And you got to make a full kill, unlike stopping the normal revive with 1 shot. You need to do another 100 damage, which is ridiculous. And Apex is a game, where there is a rock, cover, wall, building, curve, and he just need to 1 time jump to escape, and to not been able to knock him again. And he is on 100% safe, and you getting nothing for your work ...

Another thing that is wrong on all level is, that i get the knock i do the most damage in most games, and yet my teammate can come and 1-2 shot him and steal my kill, how is that fair? At the end of the day we are all playing for kills, aren`t we ?

Why should i be penalized, when i knock(kill in all other normal games) someone ?

Also it turns the table in pretty much Lifeline favor(actually 99% of the time), when both team exchange and get knocked. He can just auto-revive, and you got no option, but to push or leave the fight and leave your down teammate to die

Auto-revive is wrong on all levels. There should not be fast revives, auto-revives, and backpack revives as well(and i even forget to talk how insanely broken a backpack Lifeline auto-revive is, its a complete joke). There should only be a normal revive. Knockdown shields are there for a reason, and are enough.

They need to rework the Lifeline. She was perfectly fine, before the rework. She just needed her shield removed from the revive, and buff to her tactical and her ultimate.

And even if the old revive stayed with the shield, it wasn`t that bad, still unfair, but not as OP/Broken as the current one.

But they totally kill the game with S6, so its not just the Lifeline stupidity.

Message 5 of 31 (3,267 Views)

★★ Apprentice

man oh man...

if you stopped playing I'm very sorry for you, it's still a fun game regardless of Bloodhounds infinete scans in his ult, Revenants insane OP ult, why are we not talking about those? 

At first glance the drone revive looked crazy but in gameplay it's good but not that good. If it was anything like you describes don't you think all pro teams would play her? And why don't you play her if she is that damn good and OP? your K/R should be double with her and double wins? right?.. You probably tried her and it wasn't like that...

You say she can bob in and out of her shield? guess who else can do that without even having a knock on his team... GIBBY! He can just throw down his bubble, (which by the way is 360 degree protection and fast heal and fast rev inside) and hop in and out of his bubble and shoot you.. He can even do it at any given moment in time and doesn't need a knocked teammate omg that's insane!

She has one force that is to help her team and revive and heal... if you choose other legends you have other forces, pretty damn simple!

don't gimme that you can't 1v2 or 1v3 a team with lifeline... it's not suppose to be balanced so you can do that specifically.. it's a damn team game without solo mode even! So you help your team and give eachother synergies. If one on the team choose lifeline you also give up other legends who can do crazy stuff like rev ult or emp or zipline to safety or whatever! it's like choosing a sniper over a shotgun for your secondary gun.. you gain something with a sniper but lose close range combat abillities... when you choose a legend you gain some and you give up on some... 

Go look at twitch and start counting how many teams is using her, if she were anything near what you describes then all would play her... Everyone was playing her at first after the change but it's normal rate now I would say, and no one is talking about it anymore.

You just need to push whenever it happens or be ready to shoot when the rev is done or spam nades it's that simple. And then sometimes they get away and that's that. Wraith can also port away a downed teammate and revive in safety, and gibby can throw a bubble and revive.. so what do you do to counter those? push?! right...

Message 6 of 31 (3,256 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

i`m talking straight up about experience, not paper thing. On paper things look very different compare to real experience, and this is not only on games.

You are talking if it was so good, that all the pros would play her, did you really said that? Ranked is infested with Lifeline. And now its even worst. Almost all of the top players that are playing pre-made have Lifeline in their team.

Rogue(top 5 ranked player) switched from Wattson to Lifeline.

Just like a lot of top players are switching to Bloodhound now, which tells you quite a story.

As far as Bloodhound, Revenant and so on. The topic its not for them, so i don`t see a reason to even talk about them, when this is not a thread for them. And when something is broken, its broken. Just because there is something else that is also broken, doesn`t mean this one is not broken as well, lol.

As far as why i don`t play her i play Bangalore exclusive and only Bangalore. Also i`m playing solo queue, which means random squad, and 90% i`m just playing alone, because of the "good" allies we get in random.

Also Lifeline is just terribly not fun. And they make her like that. And you should read better. I always said that Lifeline is not OP, but the auto-revive is. She was perfectly fine before, and she doesn`t needed a rework. Just a tactical/ult buff, and remove the shield, as i already explained why i think like that.

You can`t argue against my arguments, its actually facts, that auto-revive is just horribly wrong for any given FPS games, where your goal is to get kills/wins.

But you obviously have hard time understand why people(not only mine) K/R drops from the auto-revive, thats why you try to talk nonsense with the play her, you may get better K/R, when my point has nothing to do with it and it was clear as a day.

Gibraltar dome is his tactical + has big countdown + we don`t talk about Gibralter now, look above.

As 1v2 or 1v3, why shouldn`t i give you that, where there is million of this situation. Also with a both team get knocked, its pretty much over if the enemy team got a Lifeline. Also this lower the skill ceiling by a lot, which is always a bad thing. I got no problem to pull so many 1v2 or 1v3 situation before this stupid mechanics being introduced, that completely broke the game.

This is a game of kills, and we are talking about Lifeline, so don`t bring me Revenant, Crypto or so.

Your obviously running out of arguments, thats why your talking about other legends .... This is the way i see it.

As far as twitch, you maybe need to look at it. Because i played a lot of ranking, before i stopped, and i watched/watch plenty of top streamers like Hal, Rogue, FunFPS, Apryze, Madness, Albralelie and so on. And yeah Lifeline is quite common, one of the most picked legends for sure. And its picked for that.

Even top streamers said it, that auto-revive is OP.

As far as your suggestion how to play, i don`t need someone to tell me how to play. I got enough experience and i`m more than skilled to know how to play and react in situation.

And yeah you may not agree, but Auto-revive is completely wrong and broken.

Just a few:

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/hfv9yy/lifelines_new_doc_revive_op/?utm_source=share&u...

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/hlofyi/lifeline_revive_is_op_for_the_clutch/

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/hoqnl7/lifelines_rez_is_op_and_i_wouldnt_have_won/

Message 7 of 31 (3,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

P.P. Just to put more weight into my opinion and to mess you even more.

You were talking how pro players are not using Lifeline. Yet its in every single team.

Albralelie is streaming atm and is playing Lifeline, just the team to have Lifeline.
Madness is in Hal team and is playing Lifeline

Rogue is playing Lifeline in one the best teams.

daltoosh is playing Lifeline on his team with Knoqd.

In Apryze team there is always Lifeline on his team.

Nokokopuffs play Lifeline on his team as well.

I think thats tell you the whole story. Tho they are playing pre-mades. On random teams, Lifeline auto-revive is way worst, because you pretty much can`t rely on your teammates.

Thats what argument and fact means.

Message 8 of 31 (3,234 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Uberum wrote:

but there's a difference while shes revives she cant give covering fire. but now she can and she can basically stand behind her shield while her teammate is being revived and possibly knock you. it needs a cool down specifically because its spammed constantly after knocking someone.

Message 9 of 31 (3,134 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Pallo420 The gold knockdown shield takes 10 seconds to revive maybe the drone revive can take a bit longer like 8 or 7 seconds so it cant be spammed as much in the middle of a fight.
Message 10 of 31 (3,060 Views)