Lifeline Auto-Revive is completely Broken

by LordloshBang

Original Post

Re: Lifeline Auto-Revive is completely Broken

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang Apex is definitely fast paced, but there is still quite a bit of time to strategize.

I mean, take Overwatch. (It’s not really more fast-paced, just a lot more hectic.) People there have all sorts of strategy, from micro-plays to big plays. Plus, focusing down a target is a big skill there.

I applaud your training though.
Message 11 of 30 (734 Views)

@Sir_Named

Absolutely, man. OverWatch being the previous FPS I sunk a lot of my time into, I couldn't agree with you more. What you said is 100% spot on.
Message 12 of 30 (730 Views)

★★ Pro

What your doing is reading by the lines and not taking the point. You are talking about grenade, i`m not 12 years old kid, everyone knows there is a grenade in the game, and i already explained what the problem with the grenade are, but you was that stubborn to not get it, just because it does not suit your view.

Go watch some of the pros/streamers, grenades are used not to finish a fight, but to engage the fight. How you going to throw grenades, when you don`t have, because you already sued them? How hard is that to get it ? I need to write this like 20 time, in order for you to maybe read it or get it.

And again, even if you not throw your grenade and keep them in case for Lifeline auto-revive, there is like million situation where you can`t land them. Firstly you got 2 guys who will be shooting at you, its depend on the distance on the situation and many more. There is also like million way to block your way or sight to there, like Caustic traps/ult, Bangalore Smoke, Gibraltar dome, ult, Wattson pylon, Wraith portal and like 2983982397276397 situation where you cant just use grenade.

And stop with the thing that its easy to aim the grenade, when 2 people are aiming at you, and you have a big shield to bypass.

Even pro player like Stooj missed with grenade, and no one was shooting at him, at distance like 20-30 meters, and he was on top of the building.

Same with the push, there is a million ways to stop this. And its most of the time you will be low, if you push it mean you are taking more risk and the danger to being down is big, so that make you vulnerable to be killed or even downed and more vulnerable to third party.

But for that you need to think it, not just catch for 1 word and here is my counter argument.

Not to even mention how unfair that auto-revive b.c. is, and that is taking the kills out of the players.

And no its all muscle memory when 2 or 3 people are shooting at you.

As far as strategy goes, everyone have, but there is broken mechanics, there is OP mechanics, and there is bad mechanics, that should not exist. And every situation is different. its also depend a lot of your skill level if you can pull that move out.

I`m playing FPS game for like 20 years, so you don`t need to tell me that you actually have to think in games, its obvious. I was a very good Warcraft and a dota player, same for CS:GO, so don`t try to teach me how the things work i know it by myself.

Message 13 of 30 (703 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang Well, you don’t have to use grenades. They are useful for this situation tho.

You don’t have to grenade spam to engage enemies. It’s definitely a good tactic, but you don’t have to use all of them.

Especially for something like a Frag, just tossing one nearby is really not that hard. Sure, some pro missed an easy grenade shot a few times, but that’s really not an issue. There are even people who throw frags high enough so that they explode on the way down.

Well, if I don’t have to tell you that Apex does require thinking, then why do you say that it doesn’t?

Also, how old are you? (Rhetorical question). You’ve been playing video games for 20 years? (Completely unrelated, I’m just surprised.)

There are also a ton of other abilities that slow the pacing of the game, and they’re still in the game.
Message 14 of 30 (684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I never said you don`t have to think in any game. You can quote me where i said that.

I`m 31.

I already said what i think about the grenade and auto-revive as a whole. 

99% of the players are using their nades to engage. It`s their main purpose. Doesn`t matter if its for push, for door, for third party or so on. There is million situation and every single one is different.

Of course grenade could be useful, but there is like million situation, where you can`t rely on them for that exact thing.

And of course there is few situation where auto-revive is not going to work for your team, but there is like million situation where it makes the game completely b.c.

Message 15 of 30 (672 Views)

★★ Expert
@LordloshBang I didn’t say that you said that you didn’t have to think in ANY game, just that you did kind of say that you don’t think in Apex.
Did that make sense? I feel like it’s becoming a little too complicated now.
“ Nice joke. Strategy in a fast paced game, wow you don`t have time to think it up.”
There’s my quote, although it only pertains to Apex.

Yes, many players use their grenades to push. Maybe they should hold some instead of using all of them at once. They’re just really useful in this scenario, but not 100% necessary.
Message 16 of 30 (657 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Yeah i said you got no time to think when you are fighting 3 guys, and if i`m not wrong i said this for the thing you said in 1v3 situation to pick Lifeline, but you can`t really do that, because when people are shooting at you, you can`t tell them to stop, to find the Lifeline in there, and to tell him to follow you, separate from his team and to kill him first ...

Again when you are in a fight situation, where you are shooting, its all muscle memory. When you approach a certain fight or situation, you thinking is required.

And i actually play this game mainly for 2 reasons. I love the high TTK(its require the most skill in FPS), high skill required to play at high level, and the thinking part. 

Message 17 of 30 (643 Views)

★★★ Novice

Heyo man. I know it makes you rethink your strat  when fighting lifeline but she not that hard to beat. The person revived comes back with 30 health thats easy. So focus on killing her while the person is resing and if he gets up down him again not hard to do.

Message 18 of 30 (609 Views)

★ Guide
@Sir_Named But as you mentioned, those which can slow the pacing of the game are "abilities", that have a cooldown on them. Even with Gibraltar's ability to fast revive in the doom, Lifeline's passive is much more better as first, it is a passive that doesn't have cooldown, second is that 2 vs 3 has a much higher chance to win than just 1 vs 3 (at least force the attackers to retreat).

It is true that grenade is one of the counter to this auto revive, but as mentioned before, you cannot bring a lot (2 is at most or 3 if you use a wingman) of them and they are usually be used at the start of the battle. A fun fact is that the revive process will be continued even if all the people are downed, it is almost the same situation as the gold knockdown shield, but people said they are disgusting so at least we can't see them in the tournament despite that grenade is a good counter. If the gold knockdown shield is banned due to this reason, I think this auto-revive should also be banned too.

Lastly, I have some suggestions about this passive: Just change it to half auto-revive that lifeline need to stay for the first few seconds instead of just clicking a button then do other things (maybe the animation is lifeline sets the program to the bot that allows it to revive teammates). Also, it is a little bit strange that it can have 2 bots at the same time that one for reviving and one for healing (the ability) despite that lifeline only have 1 bot, maybe it can be changed a little bit (so this it becomes logical).
Message 19 of 30 (566 Views)

★★ Pro

Or just remove the whole thing, because its not right, its not rewarding the right player, and does not require any brain or skill to use it.

Its a bad mechanics, that exist only in Apex(or at least i know of). They are not working on the right things and will make a lot of players leave the game, due to frustration and annoying.

I got huge drop in K/D/R, from the moment this changes come to live.

There is already knockdown shields, they are more than enough to safe your * lets said for unfortunate death(aka enemy got lucky on 1 hp, and so on and so on), but there should not be anything further,except for the normal revive.

Gibraltar fast revive, Lifeline auto-revive, and even goldpack(or at least reduce it to lower hp/armor) should be removed from the game, and they should not mess up with the revive stuff anymore.

With this stupid change, you are penalized the better team.

Yesterday got another ridiculous situation with this b.c.

On Lava city, random team, they are on the roof, as usual my teammates don`t know what they are doing, one of them died instantly, our Pathy decide to go to top of the building i was going to the place, when 1 of their squad drops down on me i kill him, in that time Pathfinder was screaming to go up, because he downed one, but he killed in that time, and i got to killed the one i downed.

I enter the building get up to the floor, chased the player through the floors that was just get up, i downed him again, but in that time of course Lifeline was shooting at me, and i drop from the building to pop a battery(otherwise i would have die obviously). Enough time for him to auto-revive him again and of course to soft push me, and to give his buddy time to either armor swap or heal.

So yeah its not OP, its totally break the game.

Most people i`m talking in game, hate this change and are totally against it.

And right now Lifeline pick rate in ranked is probably lifetime highest. Its just a joke.

Its break the game, its stretch the fights, make you way more prone to third parties, make you spend more ammo and items and so on. All of the wrong thing.

If they want to increase the TTK of the fight, just buff armors or nerf weapons. 

The only revive that should exist in the game it should be the normal one. Otherwise you are just punishing the better players in the situation and taking the kills out of the players. At the end of the day this is a FPS game, and your goal is to get kills and wins.

Message 20 of 30 (543 Views)