Level 114 Player's Apex Legends Season 5 Legend Tier List

by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Level 114 Player's Apex Legends Season 5 Legend Tier List

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

*DISCLAIMER* I am only Level 114, meaning I am definitely not the best Apex Legends player. I have all the Legends and this is my personal opinion on if they are useful to a team or just in general how fun playing them is. If you think I'm playing a Legend wrong, let me know how to better play them! It would be much appreciated.

I'm going to briefly explain the attached tier list (at bottom of post)

#13: Crypto - I think Crypto is the worst Legend because when using his drone, you're just sitting waiting to be killed and if you're in a fight with another squad, your allies/y are at a disadantage in a 1v3/1v2 situation while you sit back and scan enemies. The EMP is useful, but I just don't think he deserves a spot higher than D Tier

#12: Octane - Yes, Octane is pretty bad but I think he is better than Crypto (in my opinion). He can use Stim to get in and out of combat with ease and his Jump Pad just increases his mobility. The Stim's damage is also countered by Swift Mend. Doesn't bring much to  ateam which is why I have to agree, he is in the bottom tier.

#11: Loba - Right now, Loba has a huge hitbox almost the size of Gibraltar/Caustic's. The teleport is useful for getting into advantageous positions but not the best for yeeting out of a bad situation. She brings a lot to the team but the weird hitbox is a MAJOR pullback for Ms. Andrade. 

#10: Bangalore - Brings firepower and occasionally tactical support to the team but her kit is pretty... basic. The smoke is great offensively, but Digital Threats and Bloodhound's are always counters to defensive smoke so it's not as great for support. And the airstrike is a worse version of Gibby's. Either buff damage or increase the time it takes to explode.

#9: Revenant - Was garbage at release but the recent buffs have given him a substantial push from D to B Tier. He is so good for players who are aiming for high kill games: he disables most escape routes and not even death can stop him from killing with the Totem.

#8: Mirage - I never expected to see Mirage up here, but his new reworked kit is fantastic. He is now a major support element who is great at clutching revives and distracting enemies with decoys and invisibility.

#7: Lifeline - Ah, the once best Legend has been pushed off her throne. Lifeline is not bad but has just been pushed out of the picture by stronger new Legends and tuning/buffs.

#6: Pathfinder - Okay, the S5 buff has not done a whole lot to the loveable robot in my opinion. His scouting abilities (especially the Passive) still make him great for competitive.

#5: Bloodhound - There is no doubt that Bloodhound is a must pick. In the pre-season, Bloodhound was terrible. But tons of buffs have put the hunter above 8 other Legends. Essentially a better offensive Crypto and is also a better option for high kill games.

#4: Gibraltar - I have only come to like Gibby last season. I just realised his great abilities are really good for a team based game like Apex. No surprise at his spot.

#3: Wattson - Again, no surprise here. Insane for defending the team but is more passive than active.

#2: Caustic - I like Caustic more than Wattson because he is defensive/passive and offensive/active. It's a lot easier to destroy a Caustic's defences, but it is so easy to ambush squads with gas.

#1: Wraith - 100% no surprise at Wraith's position. The BEST character in the game. Has the best get-out-of-jail-free card and gets herself and team out of bad situations with the portal. I think people use her portal for support only but it's so good offensively: hide your portals near a battlefield, deal damage, knock some enemies and get out of there quickly to heal then come back for the finish.

Do you agree? Am I using legends wrong? Let me know by replying! (Tier List made using tiermaker.com)

Message 1 of 7 (921 Views)

Re: Level 114 Player's Apex Legends Season 5 Legend Tier List

★ Guide

I see nothing wrong with this

Message 2 of 7 (912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I totally disagree with this list, and here is why:

In a no way Revenant or Bloodhound is a better legend than a Bangalore.

Bloodhound ain`t better than a Lifeline for sure as well.

I don`t know what you was watching, but Loba hitbox is tiny, and have nothing to do with Gibralter or Caustic.

The problem is, that is kinda broken, you can shot close to her and still hit her. :D

Its hard to make a tier list, because you have to look at teaming picture, not compare them in 1v1 situation.

But this is a personal preference and everyone can have their opinions.

Top 7 for me is:
Wraith

Pathfinder

Wattson 

Gibralter

Caustic

Loba

Lifeline

Message 3 of 7 (852 Views)

★★★ Pro

@LordloshBang 

The hit box comparison to Gibraltar and Caustic was mostly exaggerated.

In my opinion, Bloodhound and Revenant are better than Bangalore because they are good at getting kills with the help of abilities and provide more promising support elements with the scan/totem.

I do not think Bangalore is bad her Tactical and Ultimate are very underwhelming to me though.

In the current gameplay status Lifeline is not as good as Gibraltar support wise. But I'm sure she will catch up as an insane buff or even rework was hinted in the Lost Treasures collection event. Bloodhound is definitely a top 5 character which is really only why they are higher than Lifeline in the list.

This tier list is also based on the fun I have playing certain characters and I'm about high kill do or die gameplay which is why most offensive characters are higher than usual.

Message 4 of 7 (825 Views)

★★ Pro

Sorry but no one is actually using Bloodhound at ranked, yet Lifeline is used heavily in there, which tells you a whole story. Revenant have the worst pickup rate, so that tell you a story as well.

Everyone have his opinion, but when we talk about balance, we should look at the highest possible gameplay level.

Most used legends at top ranked imo are:
Wraith, Wattson, Path, Lifeline, Giby, Caustic.

Message 5 of 7 (806 Views)

★★★ Pro

@LordloshBang I am only Level 114: this is my opinion on how fun each Legend is.

Bloodhound isn't used a lot in Ranked but it doesn't mean they are bad. Lifeline brings great support elements to the team which is why people like playing her but Bloodhound is still good. I play Apex casually; and remember this is my opinion.

But thanks! I'll consider playing your favourite Legends more.

Message 6 of 7 (795 Views)

★★ Guide

As one Youtuber said, Crypto has a 95% chance to play him wrong, and sadly you are in this 95 %. He can be good if you play him correctly. You should scan enemies, then leave drone in a safe position, and then run with your teammates to kill others. And try to finish them with EMP if they run.

Message 7 of 7 (727 Views)