Re: Legends and skins look ugly

by Anlbrd

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Most of the weapon skins make the guns look like cheap, plastic "made in china" toys imo.  Far too blingy and nonsensical.  The skins with sword blades on the underside of the barrel in a place where taller characters would be holding the gun, inverted so the weapon couldn't be used as a sword even if held in an odd way, and not protruding enough that the sword would make an effective bayonet.  It's as though skins like that were designed to give a headache to anyone who actually looks at them for more than 5 seconds.

The devotion guns involve chains of bullets and the spitfire skins look like energy weapons, this looks like a mistake even though I'm 90% sure it wasn't.

The occasional weapon might have a ghillie wrapping, which look cool - but then one of them had the exclusive adaptation which made it blue and was named something to do with the ocean.  Because... all of that foliage camo really helps at sea.  Are these in-jokes that I'm not getting?

It doesn't feel like there's any coherent sense of style to anything, nor have the skins gone absolutely flat out for novelty, there aren't many funny ones for instance. 

It feels like the art department have had an identity crisis and then there's no one with their hands on the tiller.

[edit] - This isn't to denigrate how hard the art dept are working or anything, but it's important with aesthetic things that when they don't work, someone says "That really hasn't worked". 

Message 11 of 16 (640 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been very pleased with the new animations, fun skins, new characters like Revenant. I have seen a lot more original costumes for the characters as well. I was a little annoyed that a repeat of the season 1 or 2 wraith prehistoric costume came out as I like the rarity of some of the skins.

After more than a year, the artists have certainly upped the creativity and options. I like the seasonal event especially Halloween and Christmas events. 

I still would like to see more sexy female attire. The male costumes are all pretty fierce, but I would say the female characters are there yet. I think Watson came close, but not a fan of the headgear she is always sporting. Just my 2 cents.

Message 12 of 16 (498 Views)

★★ Expert
@PheonixelmApex They brought the Wraith skin back because a lot of people wanted it. At least they did a recolor so the og’s weren’t unhappy.
Message 13 of 16 (476 Views)

★★★ Novice

True. I totally understand, but of course we all want to be the only ones with certain skins..lol

Message 14 of 16 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@PheonixelmApexThank you for bringing this gem of a thread to my attention.

Had my laugh at this necrod thread.

Message 15 of 16 (429 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think the designers are getting into a better rhythm with the new Loba and other new skins for characters. 

Message 16 of 16 (321 Views)