Re: Legends and skins look ugly

by MekaDeth555

Original Post

Legends and skins look ugly

★★★ Guide

Now I know aesthetics are subjective and there may be some whom disagree with me, but in my opinion (and my friends) the Legends and their custom skins completely lack any kind of sex appeal.

There are some interesting looking ones like Bloodhound, Octane and Pathfinder, but to be frank the rest (no offense to the real life models they are based on) are ugly.

The skins are some of the most mundane and uninspiring skins I have ever seen, even compared to overwatch. I came from the game Paladins (another hero shooter) and their only source of revenue is purely from cosmetics and the skins are simply amazing.

They have skins that completely transform the appearance of the character, there are skins that change the characters race, gender and even species. They also have voice lines to match those skins.

I have spent a fair amount of money on cosmetics in that game and I would like to support this game, but with the current skins I have no desire to buy them.

Some ideas I could think of the top my head, would be

• A skin for Wraith that puts some make-up on her face, so she doesn't look like she's been on a 14 day meth binge. Maybe a sexy outfit too.
  • A skin for Bloodhound that makes him look like the Predator
  • C-3PO skin for Pathfinder
  • Terminator skin for Pathfinder
  • Sexy nurse outfit for Lifeline
  • A skin for Gebraltar that makes him look like a mini Titan
Message 1 of 16 (3,448 Views)

★★★★ Guide

it's almost like not everything in the world exists so you can * to it. 

get some help 

Message 2 of 16 (3,435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@LuckyCanuckLuke wrote:

it's almost like not everything in the world exists so you can * to it. 

get some help 

That's not a very constructive response. If they want me to spend money on cosmetics then they need to be more desirable. [Removed by CM]

If you check out other games that are successful in selling cosmetics; Paladins, Dota, LoL, Hots etc you will see what I'm talking about and why so many people buy skins. It's the general consensus that skins in this game are mediocre. Since this game relies on cosmetics I think honest feedback and criticism is warranted.

Message 3 of 16 (3,420 Views)

★★★★ Guide

mekadeath555: "I'm not asking for Wraith in a G-string with knee high "come f*** me" boots"

Also mekadeath555:  "I want a sexy nurse outfit for lifeline"

Message 4 of 16 (3,409 Views)

★★★ Guide

@LuckyCanuckLuke wrote:

mekadeath555: "I'm not asking for Wraith in a G-string with knee high "come f*** me" boots"

Also mekadeath555:  "I want a sexy nurse outfit for lifeline"

Not even remotely the same. If you've nothing constructive to say, then I have nothing more to discuss with you. Go be toxic somewhere else.

Message 5 of 16 (3,388 Views)

★ Guide

I kinda agree most skins are just meh, even some legendaries.
The art team should really put up a bit of work, tho I would not like to see the amount of creaziness like League of Legedns presents where same Legends get new skins over and over while others seem forgotten.

Message 6 of 16 (3,384 Views)

★ Pro
It’s only been out six weeks. More skins will come. Patience.
Message 7 of 16 (3,381 Views)

Community Manager

This childish bickering ends here and now. If you are unable to post without insulting another member of deliberately bypassing the swear filter then I will ask that you not post.

If the conversation continues as it has then action will be taken.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 16 (3,357 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just want to say that I think the current cast of characters are diverse and interesting. Also, I like that there are not overly sexual skins. Some of them are a little... meh... but the skin set at launch didnt include any "character changing" type skins and thats perfectly ok. In all honesty, its ok with me if we dont get crazy skins with crazy abilities and voices. Thiat way I know exactly who is on my team and who im fighting without having to know all the skins.

But, kudos to the cast of characters. I think they have personality and its great. 

Message 9 of 16 (3,345 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think they answered your request with wraith genie style by “adding makeup” to her costume in the Hunt recently at level 15. I like her better than meth wraith, but I think sexy is fine.

Let the military versions be on there too, but charge me for the more comical, sexy, or scary versions too. I totally understand you have a theme and want to work within those confines. I think wraith and some of the other skins are on the right track.

Message 10 of 16 (3,182 Views)