Legend Idea: the clown

by k9seals

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Legend Idea: the clown

★ Apprentice

One of Caustic's creations, inspired by It

Appearance: red nose, colored wig. Wig color changes as well as outfits. Multicolored wigs are rare. Changing color wigs are epic. Rainbow wig is legendary. Posted a few pics for set ideas.

abilities:

-Q: honk: enemies in range can't hear anything for a few seconds

-Z: laughing gas: enemies trapped in it move randomly for a short duration, not in a straight line. Keyboard control disabled during the effect, not mouse control.

Banners: haunted house, 6 flags, water balloons, shooting range, makeup mirror with lights, cotton candy

potential quips/finishers:

I'll have the last laugh

Sad faces are my specialty

Say cheese!

Don't be scared of the clown

Welcome to the circus

That last joke really killed the audience

I'll make you laugh to death

Message 1 of 5 (548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Legend Idea: the clown

★ Guide

Cool. Is it OK if I add your idea to my post which currently includes suggestions for 10 legends? I'll credit you fully for this one of course.

I think your passive would have to pinpoint exactly where the item is when you get close enough though, or else it can get quite frustrating if you can't find it or have to check too many places. So, maybe you get general direction at 200-300 meters and exact position at 25-50 meters. When he finds the item he yells "SURPRISE" followed by a wierdo laugh, so you know that was the item he inferred. What do you think?

What if your Ultimate reverses player controls (keyboard and mouse) instead of moving them randomly? That way it's a skill to counter it and you don't end up with players getting stuck in corners and walls because of lack of AI. (AI is not very smart in this game and that is probably to save CPU cycles on the server)

And what about the Tactical HONK not completely muting audio, but gives more of an grenade shock effect, where the sound is drastically dampened and heavy sounding almost like under water?

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (518 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Love it!

Looks like you forgot his passive skill though. And what is the size of his hitbox?

Message 2 of 5 (536 Views)

★ Apprentice

Passive would be an ability to look for surprises - aka gold items as they can be hard to find. Not by precise location but by direction. When the player faces a direction towards a gold item then the legend says something, give it a 45 second interval before giving another clue. I guess a smaller hitbox between 37 and 44 cm² would allow him to be somewhat more nimble than most of the other legends. 

Message 3 of 5 (529 Views)

★ Guide

Cool. Is it OK if I add your idea to my post which currently includes suggestions for 10 legends? I'll credit you fully for this one of course.

I think your passive would have to pinpoint exactly where the item is when you get close enough though, or else it can get quite frustrating if you can't find it or have to check too many places. So, maybe you get general direction at 200-300 meters and exact position at 25-50 meters. When he finds the item he yells "SURPRISE" followed by a wierdo laugh, so you know that was the item he inferred. What do you think?

What if your Ultimate reverses player controls (keyboard and mouse) instead of moving them randomly? That way it's a skill to counter it and you don't end up with players getting stuck in corners and walls because of lack of AI. (AI is not very smart in this game and that is probably to save CPU cycles on the server)

And what about the Tactical HONK not completely muting audio, but gives more of an grenade shock effect, where the sound is drastically dampened and heavy sounding almost like under water?

Message 4 of 5 (519 Views)

★ Apprentice

That all sounds good to me. Thanks for taking the time to read and for approving the idea!

Message 5 of 5 (506 Views)