Re: Just a thought : Bloodhound ult upgrade

by Koochi-Q

Original Post

Just a thought : Bloodhound ult upgrade

★★★★ Apprentice

I was reading lately all this posts about Bloodhound how he need this and that.. I got one crazy idea too for all us who love that animation when you pop ult and engage full speed.. What if he get one minor buff on his ult just for us fanatics who like to engage into enemies face.. He is a killer etc, love blood on his hands, what if you give him buff while ult is up he deal 50 or more dmg with melee attack, but he should have a knife or something like that.. So eather you decide to shot people like normal people do when they pop ult or like some fanatics charge with your ult and melee people..  Then it would be for real scary, you hear his ult, you see he is coming with his beautiful red eyes and you know he will melee you to death.. I mean, in some situations I would still shot people from the distance ofc, but still, just a thought, it would be awesome..

Message 1 of 15 (943 Views)

★ Guide

@LEERO00YJENKINS wrote:

I was reading lately all this posts about Bloodhound how he need this and that.. I got one crazy idea too for all us who love that animation when you pop ult and engage full speed.. What if he get one minor buff on his ult just for us fanatics who like to engage into enemies face.. He is a killer etc, love blood on his hands, what if you give him buff while ult is up he deal 50 or more dmg with melee attack, but he should have a knife or something like that.. So eather you decide to shot people like normal people do when they pop ult or like some fanatics charge with your ult and melee people..  Then it would be for real scary, you hear his ult, you see he is coming with his beautiful red eyes and you know he will melee you to death.. I mean, in some situations I would still shot people from the distance ofc, but still, just a thought, it would be awesome..

What can I say? When you make a good point it's well made. If I saw this I run or just start firing but then knowing Bloodhound probably has his two other teammates not too far away I'd hope the rest of my own team were as ready. This would really add something to the Legend that's for sure.

Message 2 of 15 (929 Views)

★★★ Novice
When I first started playing that's what I thought it did but when I found out it didn't I was disappointed.I hope this gets put into affect
Message 3 of 15 (907 Views)

★ Guide

I think that's a very cool idea. Standard smile

Bloodhound needs a buff, for sure. He is now bottom 3 when it comes to legends. Not sure if this is enough though, but a good start anyways.

Message 4 of 15 (882 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
When an idea's sound, it's just scary when you think how simple it is and why you haven't thought of it. This would totally be awesome.

Same I'll one up you though! How bout instead of that, when you do ultimate, when you see a person and look at them for 3 seconds straight, your raven wil be above that person (way way up in the sky). Like a fixed marker for that person.

It would be OP right cause you'd always know where that person would be in your ultimate state? WRONG! As he's let's say 30-50m in the sky you have to look way up to actually know where he's at from close range and by not looking in front or around you, you're more likely to fall victim to someone else.

The only time you'll actually have an easy time 'spotting' that person is if he's still at a far distance as you don't have to be looking way up in the sky to know his ground location.

Let's make this thread the 'good ideas for the God's Hunter Ultimate'!
Message 5 of 15 (820 Views)

★ Guide
@Koochi-Q
Cool idea using the raven for his Ultimate. I do however not think this Ultimate is very viable as I do not like the thought of having to look in the air to stay on top and it's generally just too weak. It would not work inside buildings or caves. Would the raven only be visible for you while your ultimate is active or would the whole server potentially see it? Maybe only for your team? Anyways a raven marker is not enough, he would need something more for an Ultimate.

To balance him I think his Tactical needs to stun the enemy for a second or so, at least reduce their movement speed by 50% or so. I don't think the main problem is his Ultimate, but it would probably be better with no FOV increase and annotations on the screen for enemies which are close and outside your view. When FOV increases it messes up your muscle memory, making you hit less.

Message 6 of 15 (807 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@ZeptikkHue,

The Ult would still be the same as now tho. You'd still get the inversed colors and red aura around enemies like you do now. Just to buff the ult, you have the raven. It would also work inside buildings. It's just a set marker for one enemy at a time you looked at for 3 seconds to lock-on. The raven would only be visible to you tho, no hitchhikers allowed 😜 the reason I'm suggesting this as an addition is that ppl find his ult, the way it is, lacking. However I'm quite satisfied with his ult right now. But that's just me maybe.
You're absolutely right regarding your FOV comment, but that's what I think makes this addition a trade off. You either use the ult like you do now... or you see a guy in distance (like you can do now) but instead of running towards him and having a chance of losing him, you now can track him even through buildings and caves... as long as you can see the raven yourself.

I hardly ever use his tactical... it's useless and anti-hunterlike. A hunter's about stealth yet this tactical is an auditive and visual beacon for enemies to say 'hey guys there's a Bloodhound there!' If they cut out the sound or the physical representation for enemies, it'd be much better.

Message 7 of 15 (797 Views)

★ Guide

A-ha, cool. That makes more sense.

How would the raven work inside buildings and caves with the limited amount of CPU cycles given to AI in this game? I guess this effect needs no server side calculations for AI, but still, it would need some pretty advanced AI to not get stuck. Probably not worth developing an advanced AI path finding system purely for this. Hard to reuse it too if it's only client side.

Message 8 of 15 (794 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Right now, raven show you that enemy was on that spot, but no direction.. It would be cool if ravens actually show you where enemy is when you hit the ult.. Or at least, if you are in the building, for example, Scull town, while you running, before you come on the next corner or something raven could fly by corner to ,,attack,, or something that can help ya track your enemies.. But, for me, it's not a big deal.. I like his ult, but I don't think people ,,fear,, it enough.. When Gib or Bang use ult you run, hide, take cover, when Bloodhound ult, you know you can't hide, you just need to wait for him to engage into 3 of you and kill him, that's why I got that idea with more dmg on melee, so enemy can expect some maniac rush into him and stab him into death and not fire a single bullet.. He is not perfect and I don't want for him to be overpowered but he is the only hero without any defensive ability, then give him power to people fear of him a bit more.. 

Message 9 of 15 (785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ZeptikkHue wrote:

A-ha, cool. That makes more sense.

How would the raven work inside buildings and caves with the limited amount of CPU cycles given to AI in this game? I guess this effect needs no server side calculations for AI, but still, it would need some pretty advanced AI to not get stuck. Probably not worth developing an advanced AI path finding system purely for this. Hard to reuse it too if it's only client side.

Yea I figured as much so in my head I had already shifted it towards another idea. If you see him, let's say at the doorway of a building. Your raven is directly above him in the sky. When he is somewhere inside a building or cave with no overhead view. Your raven just circles where he was last seen or uses the last known position he was seen at. When he's back in view of you or your raven, he flies towards that point. Less cpu heavy. ^^

@LEERO00YJENKINS my point exactly. They need to fear me!!! :P 

Message 10 of 15 (782 Views)