Ideas for New Character Abilities

by WDASaBaTaJ

Original Post

Ideas for New Character Abilities

★★★ Novice

I've been sitting on an idea for an Apex Legends character abilities that I think would be great to see used on new characters. I would like to see this grow as the brain storming continues, but this is what I have so far. Below I will list the abilities I think it should have...

Ultimate Ability: Ability EMP

Disables the abilities of all players within a 30 meter radius for 30 seconds. I'm unsure if this would be best if it was all abilities, or just all ultimate abilities, but either way I think would work.

For other teams, this will alert them to know that an enemy version of this character is around them.

Ultimate Ability: Team Pheonix

The ability to revive a knocked down team mate to full health, and shields. I suppose this can be a passive too, but I think it works better as an ultimate. Perhaps another idea for this would be to be able to restore your team to full health and shields, but that may be a bit OP... It would at very least have to have a slow charge...

Ultimate Ability: Guided Missile

Player gets to control a missile, and drop it onto the playing field. However, while guiding the missile, the player must stay still, and make it take 10 to 20 seconds for the missile to make impact, so that other players can hunt him down before the missile drops. Perhaps provide a way for other players to know that a guided missile is coming. 

Tactical Ability: Zip Line Cutter

I can see this as a tactical ability, or a passive ability, but simply, the ability to cut any zip line in the game.

This would work well when paired with a Pathfinder so that he can get you to certain spots, and then you can cut the zip line.

Tactical Ability: Proximity Mines

Similar to Caustic's Knox gas mines, these are simply little mines that can cause a big explosion when tripped.

Passive Ability: Duel Pistols

Player can wield two pistols, and shoot them at the same time. Perhaps duel shotguns too.

Passive Ability: Orange Zone Resistance

Either the Orange Zone only does half damage to this character, or this character gets 30 seconds at a time in the Orange Zone before they are affected.

Passive Ability: Boxing Punch

Player's melee attack does 50 to 100 damage per punch.

Passive Ability: Progressive Shield Recharge

Shields slowly recharge.

Passive Ability: Faster Jet Pack

Character's Jet Pack has an extra boost at the start of the game, and when they ride balloons. 

Passive Ability: Fast Zip Liner

Player rides the zip lines quicker than other legends.

Passive Ability: Fast Reload

Player reloads their guns faster than other legends.

Passive Ability: Long Throw

Player can throw items such as grenades, thermite, and arc stars 50% further than other legends.

Passive Ability: Bigger Storage

Player gets Two extra storage slots.

Passive Ability: Telepathic Medic

Player can use their medical equipment on team mates telepathically; or when they're not close to each other.

Message 1 of 2 (525 Views)

Re: Ideas for New Character Abilities

★★ Guide

Ultimate Ability: Ability EMP

I think this is already in the works (at least according to datamines). Either way I approve.

Ultimate Ability: Team Pheonix

I would rather this be a one time passive that only affects the character, regens full health and (1.7 sec invulnerable time)

Ultimate Ability: Guided Missile

Think this is pretty cool.

Tactical Ability: Zip Line Cutter

I think this should be a long tactical (40s), but it has a quick charge up (faster than path's) and remove all objects (pads, lines, doors)

Tactical Ability: Proximity Mines

Maybe a knockup animation

Passive Ability: Duel Pistols

This may over complicate their interface design, maybe copy of the same gun, increase reload time, share the same ammo.

Passive Ability: Orange Zone Resistance

Probs the former

Passive Ability: Boxing Punch

Great

Passive Ability: Progressive Shield Recharge

Great

Passive Ability: Faster Jet Pack

Great, maybe make the player also have higher jumps/hover by holding jump

Passive Ability: Fast Zip Liner

Great

Passive Ability: Fast Reload

Great

Passive Ability: Long Throw

Great

Passive Ability: Bigger Storage

May overcomplicate the design, maybe X2 what you already have, say you can get only 60 shotgun for a slot, now it's 120 for a slot

Passive Ability: Telepathic Medic

This should be a tactical (but it's kind of meh, reminds me of tf2)

Message 2 of 2 (518 Views)