I genuinely don't like Watson.

by TheGreenFellow

Original Post

I genuinely don't like Watson.

★ Guide

Her Q ability takes too long to set (especially with the delay *after* placing them), and it's very easy to bypass by shooting the pylons.

Her ultimate is often more detrimental to the team than not with grenades (why does it make them blow up in mid-air instead of disabling them???), and the shield regeneration it offers is entirely negligible, you can pop a shield cell much faster than the regen it offers.

About the only thing I've seen her accomplish is to counter Bangalore/Gibraltar ults.

Which means her passive - getting to spam her lousy Q and barely-useful Z more often - doesn't feel any good when neither of those things are good themselves.

I mean, I guess I'm glad the effort was clearly focused on making sure she wasn't OP - nobody likes "power creep", not really - but I think y'all went a little far.

Message 1 of 7 (557 Views)

Re: I genuinely don't like Watson.

★★ Pro
@TheGreenFellow Her shield regen isn't meant to replace shielding up but to supplement it. I've found it a massive help so far. Consider what it does for your team - if it repairs 1 bar of shield on your team it's repaired up to 3 barsworth of shield, a full blue shieldsworth of armor on your team for free. That's not to be sneezed at.

Where I've seen her be a pain is in buildings, where you can place pylons in practically impossible to hit places, if your ult is up you can't grenade them either.
Message 2 of 7 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The only way it's going to repair 1 bar of your teammate's health is if you're camping in a corner for a solid minute. It's just not worth it. Even Lifeline's heal rate takes a good long while to do, and every time teammates stay in 1 spot to make use of it, it makes them vulnerable.

And that's on Lifeline's Q, not her ultimate.

Pylons in buildings are not difficult to shoot or grenade. And how long are you spending inside a building, anyway?

Message 3 of 7 (546 Views)

★★ Pro
@TheGreenFellow Pylons in the corners of the bunker building where cascades used to be on the mountainside are literally impossible to shoot. There are 2 ways in and enough distance to the corners that you cannot shoot the base of those pylons.

Your timing is well off with the shield recharge rate as well. Have you tried it yet or is this hyperbole?
Message 4 of 7 (540 Views)

★ Guide
@Anlbrd Sure, because it's TOTALLY reasonable to say you're going to win by staying in 1 bunker building.

And even then, you can grenade it. If you can't find a new angle or bypass it completely like most sensible people.

What does it even mean, "your timing is well off"? Of course I've tried it, how would I know how it works otherwise? Are you upset I'm criticizing Watson or what?
Message 5 of 7 (529 Views)

★★ Pro
@TheGreenFellow I'm not upset you're criticising Wattson. And no - you're not going to win from 1 characters tactical ability. You're not supposed to be able to. She complements defensive teams very well (obviously) and some of the Au sweats are using her as a measure against being 3Ped, particularly nadespammed.

Your timing is off because it doesn't take 60 seconds to charge 1 bar of shield. You are factually wrong. Is that clearer?
Message 6 of 7 (522 Views)

★★ Pro

The thing I hate about her is that they took the worst element of Pathfinder (visual components ot the model that you cant actually hit) and stuck it on a character the same size as Lifeline :S

Message 7 of 7 (520 Views)