How to tone down Vantage & S14's sniper meta?

by HappyHourSumwur

Original Post

How to tone down Vantage & S14's sniper meta?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Personally I think Vantage & the current sniper meta is too much.  Shotguns and CQB focused legends are just not viable, especially on Kings Canyon. 

I think Vantage takes too much skill out of being a sniper and makes running a sniper weapon or marksman if you aren't Vantage pretty much mandatory.  If you don't, you're gonna get your head blown off almost every match with no real way to fight back.

If you agree , what would you like to see done to scale Vantage and the current sniper meta back a bit?

Message 1 of 12 (1,668 Views)

Re: How to tone down Vantage & S14's sniper meta?

★★★★ Apprentice

Personally, the nerfs I want to see to vantage are:

• Nerf sniper mark bullet count to 4 (same cooldown as with 5)
  • Nerf sniper marks specific 2x damage buff to 1.5x.
  • Force players to have echo in position before they can jump
  • Echo can be shot, forcing echo to recall.
Message 2 of 12 (1,628 Views)

★★★ Expert
@HappyHourSumwur

Tens of thousands of matches and I have never played without a mid-range or sniper weapon. I didn't need a Vantage running around with a laser sight to convince me that a defensive long-range game is a good thing, and that a long-range offensive game is even better. These maps, and battle royale as a game type in general, are all built with big, open spaces, and guns that work well to soak up the distances. It just seems like common sense to me to take advantage of that. Anybody running around with a shot gun and an assault rifle is just asking to get beamed into the ground, Vantage or no Vantage.

But sure, nerf her all you want. It will only make things easier for the real snipers who are left, whatever their main.
Message 3 of 12 (1,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Vantage already sucks and you want to make her worse just because you struggle to close a gap? Every type of gameplay style has a right to shine even if you disagree with it. Just because it's not your gameplay style doesn't mean it needs an instant nerf. If anything, her ultimate should be second to the kraber, and her amped damage should be removed seeing as it's practically useless as it is. Just because pros hit every shot in ranked doesn't mean everybody does, and the whole gaming community shouldn't have to suffer just because pros break games. 

Also, whenever a new legend is born, it is inevitable that more people will try that new legend. This doesn't mean the whole meta has changed just because of a momentary increase in character usage. This means that over time you will see that less people will use vantage, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It is only temporary. Chill out.

Message 4 of 12 (1,275 Views)

★ Guide
@HappyHourSumwur Remove all the snipers! I dislike them a lot but some people like them unfortunately
Message 5 of 12 (961 Views)

★★ Pro

I would say she's fine as is....however, the line of sight hack (as I call it) should not be. Snipers are not supposed to be easy for everyone to use. Learned or natural skill equals hard hitting weapon - one or two shot kill. 

But to have someone ADS and see every person in the screen is ridiculous (even without a scope). Throws all skill out the window. And should be a slap in the face to anyone that worked hard or practiced to be good with a sniper. 

At this point a noob whom never wielded a sniper in their lives, can use Vantage, aim down sight and.... "Ooo there's someone, Ooo there's another person, Ooo and one there two....Ooo look it even tells me where to aim for bullet drop, cool!" 

Piece of candy, Ooo piece of candy.  

Message 6 of 12 (946 Views)

★★★ Expert
@NickBeam27

I know what you're saying, but I doubt very much she has a k/d even close to other legend averages. I often get hit by a Vantage, but she's always too far away to press the advantage. So I shield up and keep my head down until her attention wanders. And guess what? In this game, with the average kid at the controller, their attention wanders after about five or ten seconds. They get itchy and start looking for much closer targets they can hit AND finish. And then I can pop my head back up and make her life a living hell. That's the difference between a kid trying out a sniper meta and real sniper doing what they've been doing for the better part of three years. Maybe that scan makes a big difference in higher-skill lobbies, but I have to think if that was so then the streamers would flip out and force a nerf.
Message 7 of 12 (900 Views)

★★ Pro

Actually yes, I have been a bit shocked that pro's having issue with that didn't pop up at some point. Maybe Vantage just isn't being used much at the high comp skill level. 

I will say this.... I absolutely hate having a Vantage as a teammate (rando). 

They seem to only care about high damage. Will sit in one place and fire in all directions racking up damage, but won't push, rotate, fight. I don't typically use long range weapons, so I either just have to sit beside them and watch our as* because she's giving away our position to the whole lobby and do nothing (I'm not wasting precious ammo) especially when I know I can't hit anyone from that distance - or - I push and fight alone while my Vantage partner stays in the same place shooting at 8 different teams in all directions. Frustrating. 

Message 8 of 12 (853 Views)

@NickBeam27 

Then the players you are playing with, that are playing Vantage are doing it wrong.

Give her two SMG's or an SMG and an AR and she rocks CQC as well as range with her Ult. 

Been playing her with a Rev-Tane combo and it works well, hit one or two SM shots and push hard and get the sqd wipe. 

The needs of the many,
outweigh the needs of the few or one. --Spock--

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Please note: I am a community volunteer – I do not work for EA.
Me Too – If you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button.
XP – For helpful comments (and to help others 'level up').
Mark As Solution – To help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future.
Message 9 of 12 (814 Views)

★★ Pro
@Asmodeus566 Yeah, I have had Vantage on my team a limited amount of times where the user did actually know how to use her properly. However, the majority is what I explained above.

Message 10 of 12 (775 Views)