Re: Horizon has potential, but atm its not good enough

by Gator762FMJ

Original Post

Horizon has potential, but atm its not good enough

★★ Apprentice

Start of i wanna say i think the Horizon's ultimate needs some changes. It can bring your own team mates towards the black hole, so basically it works the same against your team mates as to your enemies. I don't like that. If there is a bad Horizon player who don't know to use the black hole he can really f*ck up his team mates game by that, can't even describe how many times i've died only because my team's Horizon throws the ultimate in to my feet. So i hope that at least gets some tweaks, if you wanna keep it i'm fine but at least make it stronger against enemies then.

I also think the pull what that black hole does is not severe enough, you can escape from the black hole so easily its crazy. Then about the ability.. overall i just think its bad. Yes it can lift you up and make you go to high grounds faster, but i feel like the time what it takes is way too long. And you are actually very easy target to shoot at when you are flying in the air with that. I don't really know how you guys should work this as its a hard one, but some changes is needed.

If i have to say some positive for now its the passive, i really liked it. But the ability and ultimate needs some buffs.

Message 1 of 18 (1,490 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Rouni_99 I agree wit the team play aspect on her alt its to strong of a punishment to a team especially for a solo que player who has nothing to do wit the person playing horizon but outside of that her tac is at a perfect place wit fast reusability and height / escape advantages and her alt has a large health pool with near perfect pull power.....try using nades.
Message 2 of 18 (1,479 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with Rouini_99, it probably shouldn't effect teammates and the pull power isn't enough.  I haven't been killed once by it from an enemy.  Unless it's really close, it's not strong enough.  

Message 3 of 18 (1,453 Views)

★★ Expert
@Rouni_99 The ability is actually fairly good, especially with the relatively low cooldown. Ordinarily, you wouldn’t think it’s that great, but look at how some pros/streamers use it.

The ult is kind of weak, but it can be useful if you are coordinated with your team. When the ult lands, it pulls people in strongly, stronger than their run, but then after some time it will lessen so that the people can run out. This can be used in combination with an ability like Caustic gas or a Gibby ult.

They might change the ult so that it doesn’t affect teammates as much, they might not, having a bad Horizon is not really something they need to deal with. It’s like having a bad Caustic or Octane, they can mess you up, but Respawn isn’t going to buff the legend so that bad players can use them at a mediocre level.
Message 4 of 18 (1,443 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Rouni_99 Her tac is great if you use it right and its super fun. Her passive is fits, but I do think her ult needs some work. Overall though she is a solid legend. Idk where I would rank her but she is a solid legend.
Message 5 of 18 (1,439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Definitely agree with everyone stating her ult needs a huge buff.. I literally dropped one so I could revive my teammate, and the enemy walked through it like it didn't even exist. I honestly do not understand what it is supposed to do. Definitely needs to cause damage over time and cause massive slow down effect. It's a bloody black hole for christs sake

Also, closer you get to it, the higher the damage over time is. Literally, the spaghetification effect from an ACTUAL black hole lol

Message 6 of 18 (1,428 Views)

★★ Expert
@SolitaryMassacre
When it lands, it pulls nearby players in strongly, stronger than they can move. (Unless they use a movement ability.)
After some short period of time, the pull lessens.

It’s not great, but you can combo it with other aoe effects, like Caustic gas, Revenant silence, a grenade, etc. I guess you could also use it to disrupt opponent’s movement?
Message 7 of 18 (1,413 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I fibd the ultimate pretty good. It looks like the pull is really strong if you are facing the hole. You can only walk out of it if you turn your back to the hole. And if the enemy is behind the hole you are essentially turning your back to the enemy to shoot.

Message 8 of 18 (1,406 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Ironflower196 Her passive is trash IMO. There's no fall damage so it makes very little difference.
Message 9 of 18 (1,369 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BaronKreight Not true. I've been able to keep from getting sucked in walking backwards. Ive pretty much sustained little to know damage from her ult when on the receiving end. And you can shoot at it and destroy it!
Message 10 of 18 (1,368 Views)