Hitbox Sizes

by zombieshoota5000

Original Post

Hitbox Sizes

★★★★ Guide

It's so annoying how literally I'm taking cover and I get shot at or some other way of getting shot at when it's not even possible. The stupid hitbox sizes, bigger than the actual size of the character. I know small characters have the advantages of being harder to bit but that was the whole reason for low profile. All hitboxs should be the sizes of their actual character and then add low profile to those small ones and so on.

Message 1 of 11 (735 Views)

Re: Hitbox Sizes

★★★★★ Guide

@zombieshoota5000 Low profile and fortified created a lot of complaints despite barely affecting the game. I'd rather have both passives tossed out permanently.

I don't play Apex as much as I used to but isn't this game a first person shooter? Why and how are you using your character model to determine if you're behind cover when YOU can't SEE said character while playing?

Message 2 of 11 (725 Views)

★★ Expert
@heme725 Low profile was tossed out, I think they plan to toss fortified out eventually but they need to make Gibralter more ‘’fun’’ to play but imo Gibraltar is hands down the strongest legend in the game if you play him correctly

Message 3 of 11 (692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@zombieshoota5000Some legends have head glitches like you can be behind cover in first person view but Loba for example her head sticks above cover sometimes because of how tall she is... if you were in third person mode to view it then it would make sense

Also sometimes there is a gap between the crates like in Arenas on Mirage’s Party Crashers map you can snipe between the crates on the rooftop and still hit someone crouching behind them

Message 4 of 11 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TheApexLegendNubSo why does this matter to me? I literally already know this all.

Message 5 of 11 (649 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@heme725 It's no difference from real life pretty much I literally know when I am and ain't behind cover.
Message 6 of 11 (645 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@zombieshoota5000 Is this a PC FOV thing? Then my apologies I'll bow out. I have to guess when I'm behind cover based on experience but maybe PC players can actually see when they're hidden.

Message 7 of 11 (622 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@heme725 What
Message 8 of 11 (598 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@zombieshoota5000 Fell asleep while replying. I originally said that it doesn't matter whether your hitbox matches your character model because you shouldn't be able to see your own hitbox/character model while in first person view. The argument you put forward sounds like it makes sense but it doesn't if you're arguing from the point of view of the player who was shot. Makes tons of sense if you argue it from the position of the shooter though since they're using your character model to determine if they can hit you or not.

I always like to consider the possibility of being wrong though. A number of things are different between PC and Consoles with one of those being Field of View or FOV. PC has greater FOV so its possible that you can see more than my old PS4 allows me to see. I HIGHLY doubt you can see more of your character than his/her hands and feet but it is possible that you can see something that I can't. There has to be some reason you put forth an argument that seems to make no sense and I'm just too ignorant to see it.

So I bowed out. I disagree with you but I can't argue an experience that I don't have.

Message 9 of 11 (552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had a game recently against Gibby, where he hid behind a door and his hand was sticking out, i shot at it multiple times, and it went through him like his arm wasn't a part of his body(hitbox). 
Like, it didn't make sense at all why he didn't take any damage at all. its quite frustrating. 

Message 10 of 11 (499 Views)