Re: HORIZON NERF TOO MUCH!

by Adendon

Original Post

HORIZON NERF TOO MUCH!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The designers of this game don't know a thing about balancing a legend, horizon is OP yes, but, instead of balancing her abilities they go so far to the opposite side of the scale they make her completely useless. Her ultimate ability was only useful when it could be combined with her gravity lift and grenades. Season 9 brings way too many changes that render everyone of her abilities now completely useless in the midst of a fight. Instead of changing everything about her, change only a few. For example limit her time she can sit atop her lift, but keep the cool down time the same, 20 SECONDS IS WAY TOO MUCH! And not only can you not rest on the gravity lift anymore but her speed is reduced as well. WHY DONT YOU JUST PUT A BIG TARGET ON HER FOR OTHER LEGENDS TO PRACTICE! cause that's all she's useful for after the patch. Nice to know we can't use horizon anymore just cause people complain about losing, Pathetic.

Message 1 of 17 (1,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

i dont think the insults towards the devs are really needed, what i find is they will overnerf and then buff again and i agree that she is over nerfed but time will tell if that is actually true or not, its hard to tell what effect something will have till it goes live and from what i have seen they tend to adjust accordingly

Message 2 of 17 (1,753 Views)

★ Guide
@CloudDistrict9 Horizon is probably the best legend right now that’s why’s she I getting nerfs
Message 3 of 17 (1,722 Views)

★★ Expert
@CloudDistrict9 I have the same fears about valk because she seems like she will just be a big target in the sky to shoot at considering she can’t use her weapons or grenades up there, overall I think they should of just changed horizons tactical to not have any time to sit at the top so you would just go up and get knocked off instantly in one direction but I also agree that the strafe needed nerfed while going up the tactical too
Message 4 of 17 (1,717 Views)

★★ Expert
@0xznn I honestly think Gibraltar is still the best legend in the game and always will be, horizon is definitely the best movement based legend though but in terms of gun fights Gibraltar is underrated I have about the same number of wins I do on Octane and Wattson but Gibralter has half the kills because I win almost every game on Gibraltar
Message 5 of 17 (1,716 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheApexLegendNub "Hey, get buff like me, bruddah, and maybe you'll stand a chance. (Laughs)"
Message 6 of 17 (1,686 Views)

★★ Novice

to bad

Message 7 of 17 (1,666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@TheApexLegendNub Gibby never had a problem slaying teams he's always had an issue with surviving. He's getting to the point where he's weaker than S1 Gibraltar.

Edit: cut reply short.

As for Horizon it was obvious that a nerf was coming since day 1 so I'm not sure why people are surprised. I'd personally kick her off her tactical the second she reached the top.

Message 8 of 17 (1,653 Views)

★★ Guide

Mmm with the coming changes to Horizon, I'm more annoyed by how she can't stay on top of her tactical anymore. It just seems odd to me that the player is punished cause the enemy doesn't bother to look up when there's the giant blue beam of light signaling that an enemy is right there ready to be sniped. I'm also not happy with the reduced climbing speed of the tactical since the tactical is incredibly loud and obvious to see, making players instinctively know where to shoot at. As for the tactical CD, I felt like it was in a good place as it was (15sec CD) considering the timer doesn't start until after the tactical ends. The only part of the nerf I can somewhat agree with is the strafing speed.

Message 9 of 17 (1,652 Views)

★★ Expert
@Zamaha400 Thats what I meant, horizon should instantly get kicked off of her tactical and other than that the previous speed was fine but the air strafe definitely needed nerfed
Message 10 of 17 (1,603 Views)