Re: God give A Crypto A new passive

by S8N_Spawn

Original Post

God give A Crypto A new passive

★ Guide

Crypto is at this point bad bloodhound, I think if you keep him like this give bloodhound the same passive, The only time I saw myself using the drone was final rings. Either make a new passive or rework him altogether 

Message 1 of 12 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@TuxTart116I really like crypto but he can be a liability sometimes. And in hectic games his drone isn't always practical.

I think he should have the ability to throw his drone up in the air. They should make it so you can see how many teams are in the area without being in the drone at least

His EMP is what makes him good but bloodhound is always the more logical pic atm

Message 2 of 12 (493 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ya crypto needs something. Hes not terrible but could be more useful instead of being paralysed while using his abilities. Not quite sure how to buff him? 

Message 3 of 12 (477 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@TuxTart116 

I think Crypto being able to use his drone passively would be a great buff. I think it would be good if he could do more by himself without using his drone, but I think his being drone-focused makes him more unique.

Message 4 of 12 (466 Views)

★ Guide

Same, but hes just to separated and brings his team into 2v3 or 1v2s

Message 5 of 12 (449 Views)

★ Guide

I think, give hiis drone a minimap, make his drone able to follow him, make the drone controllable when you arent using it with either arrow keys or wasd, and a new passive 

Message 6 of 12 (448 Views)

★★ Guide

Sounds like you guys never attempted to learn HOW to play Crypto right. 

You should be scanning the banners throughout maps consistently to see how many squads are in range, scouting for their locations, and deciding on whether to push or not. 

Learn his EMP range, if you do it right you're only 2-3 seconds out from joining the fight and your teammate's have a huge tactical advantage even going in 2v3 for a few seconds. Then your job as Crypto becomes either the cleanup man (finishing weak opponents if your teammates get knocked) or to loot death boxes. 

Also, no other legend can recover/respawn banners as effectively as Crypto, Mirage is a far second. 

Lastly, deciding when to stay in the drone is a major decision not to be overlooked, if a squad is shooting at your drone, that means they aren't shooting at your team, so they may be going up 2v3, but they have a few seconds before they're actually getting shot at. OR if the other squad ignores the drone, you have a free constant Bloodhound scan of an area, either way, that's a win-win.

Message 7 of 12 (429 Views)

★ Guide
@S8N_Spawn The fact that Crypto has good points does not mean he isn't outdated though.

He could do everything you just said but tweaked which would make him alot more fun to play, less passive and not OP.

Crypto, drone ability is now a throwable.

When thrown at or close near a specific target the drone will automaticly do a task.

- near a teammates deathbox, auto grab banner.
- near a revive point, auto revive
- at a non specific location it hovers where thrown and scans, press again it comes back to you flying + scanning.

- throw at recon beacon for map update
- make his passive on a cooldown that he can ping the banner for a shoutout how many squads there are.

- his ult should be a long range marker "alla fuse" the drone will fly there and ult when nearing the target.

Message 8 of 12 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Guiltygear-ZI'd love to see any of your suggestions get in the game, but I think there will immediately be people saying he needs a nerf.

Those are on par with Lifeline's auto-rez by letting you do X while still in the fight.

Message 9 of 12 (398 Views)

★ Guide

Im not saying hes bad, I think compared to other legends why would you play him? we have bloodhound

Message 10 of 12 (374 Views)