Giving Crypto the Rampart Treatment: Mobile Usage

by Kinesis862

Original Post

Giving Crypto the Rampart Treatment: Mobile Usage

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The one thing that harms Crypto the most is that he is either out of the fight, or his abilities provide little of value during it. This used to be the same issue with ramparts ultimate, that it require the whole team to play around it or it was basically trivial. I think Crypto could use a similar upgrade to what rampart got, and here is how I propose that be done:

1. Tapping the tactical key should deploy the drone into a follow mode, causing it to follow just behind Crypto, scanning anything in the drone's normal range (but not behind or beside Crypto's view), and allowing Crypto to ping the nearby enemy count without having to enter drone mode.
  2. Tapping the tactical again while in follow mode should allow you to send the drone to a surface or open air like it does now. This range should be extended to allow Crypto to better send his drone out for a tactical EMP outside of drone view (which will be more susceptible to being shot since its not under your control.) Tapping tactical while in sentry mode should auto-recall and redeploy the drone into follow mode.
  3. While in follow mode, tactical abilities like quick redeploy and quick survey scan, and no animation banner collection should be available without entering drone view.
  4. Tapping tactical on an ally should order the drone to enter follow mode on that ally. If the drone leaves Crypto's range even in ally follow mode it is auto recalled. Crypto does not gain any of the follow mode abilities like quick redeploy/ect if the drone is following someone else (they also do not get those abilities).
  5. [Passive ability] When downed in follow mode, the drone will continue to follow Crypto's view. If Crypto is boxed the drone will auto collect the banner and leave.

These should allow Crypto to be in the fight without completely negating the value of drone mode. Drone mode still retains the value of long range detection (that is silent through pings), dangerous banner recovery, opening/closing doors remotely, dangerous path scouting, and finding nearby enemy billboards that are out of Crypto's view.

**Post edit:

After some more time Crypto maining there is another thing I feel I need to add:

Cryptro's drone should not spend so much time out of the fight if shot at. It is akin to self-revenant silencing yourself if someone farts in the direction of your drone, or closes a door when you are trying to go through it. This is definitely a core issue that would affect even these changes so I recommend one of these things:

1. Make Cryptos drone invincible, but it auto-recalls when it takes damage. This would allow people to silence the drone without completely nuking cryptos kit just because he used it as intended and left it to monitor a zone.
  2. Drastically reduce the cooldown from being destroyed, like 5 seconds or less.
  3. Make the drone auto-recall at 1 hp, and make the drone recharge that hp when stored. It can still be deployed at 1 hp but taking any damage at all would recall it.
Message 1 of 8 (766 Views)

Re: Giving Crypto the Rampart Treatment: Mobile Usage

★★★★ Guide
@Kinesis862 I think Crypto's passive should be that he runs faster if he isn't close to allies.
Message 2 of 8 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@DrWizardo Issue is, that would be the equivalent giving rampart a "All cooldowns are faster when away from teammates" passive. The issue was that she was unable to accompany mobile legends, not that she could not prepare when she caught up. Crypto has the same issue, he spends too much time out of the fight and away from the team. That is why the follow mode gives him the ability to be useful in the fight (much like rampart's ult is now useful in the fight) when you are teamed with mobile legends.

*Also on further thought, a movespeed buff when away from teammates sounds REALLY exploitable, like solo drop to the opposite side of the map and be a perpetual octane on stim level exploitable.

Message 3 of 8 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

One thing I would also like is for his drone speed to be improved. It takes way too long to use at the moment, too much time taken to move it from one place to the next, and too easy to shoot. Just keeps him out of the fight longer, which is no good.

I’ve also liked the passive idea of being immune to pings in an “off the grid” concept, or perhaps to counter scan whoever scans him. I know the devs said they don’t want to make scans unreliable, but I think that there could be a little crypto symbol that pops up on an enemy’s screen when they scan you to cover for this, essentially saying a crypto was within scan radius, but you don’t know where. I think that’s enough to suffice. The thing is half of the legends (10 of them!) now have some ultimate, passive, or tactical that does some sort of scan, and that’s just too much. It’d be nice to have a legend that counters that, is all. 

Also a quiet drone, that has been long needed.

Message 4 of 8 (633 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Kinesis862 It wouldn't be exploitable if it was only when your weapon was away. And you required a team mate to be alive.
But I don't think that ability suits crypto

Personally faster animations in and out of his drone would be beneficial.
Message 5 of 8 (597 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ThisIsYourMoment I want crypto to have the "off the grid" ability.
Message 6 of 8 (594 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Kinesis862 I think the next upgrade for crypto would be to allow him to move his drone like Newcastle does with his shield drone albeit at slower speed than when he is piloting the drone. (But only on the horizontal axis) Not up and down.
Message 7 of 8 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Updated the post after some more crypto main time. It is very clear that the drone destroyed cooldown is extremely determental to his kit as it is effectively like getting hit by a silence ball. I added some recommendations to the OP to fix the issue since it would be a core issue even with the original changes I suggested. It just is too much of a detriment to his kit to have all of his abilities so easily silenced for so long.

Message 8 of 8 (401 Views)