Re: Gibraltar

by MEME_REEEEEEEEEE

Original Post

Gibraltar

★★★ Newbie

Hello Community,

I've been playing the game ever since launch and anyone who has been playing the game for the same amount of time will have witnessed multiple balance changes to weapons, map and legends.Some legends got necessary buffs and/or nerfs but there is one legend in particular that has gotten multiple buffs, Gibraltar. I understand that the legend's hit boxes are large due to him being a defensive legends and a much larger legend as well so the Gun Shield ability was crucial. So now we have a legend that lands with technically a Level 2 shield but on top of the level 2 shield he also has a 15% damage reduction and thanks to the new update his Dome now gives the same passive ability as Lifeline. The throwing distance for both the dome and Bombardment was necessary so I won't argue against that. Every gun battle against a Gibraltar is a loss especially in early game so I always find myself having to leave that part of the map to then hope to loot somewhere else. 

My suggestions would be to only allow the Gun Shield to take an extra 50 damage and bring the 15% damage reduction to 10%.

Community do you agree?

Message 1 of 7 (410 Views)

★ Guide

I completely agree, I've been playing since launch too and it's frustrating that he's the one legend where I always die in a gunfight with, despite me attacking him first, it's especially annoying when it's a low level Gib that manages to get a complete squad wipe after only a couple heals, his dome shield is also used to "trap" enemies behind lines in/next to buildings

Message 2 of 7 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

To be completely honest, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say that you can't win against a 1v1 on a Gibraltar. His gun shield only deploys when aiming down sights, which means the most likely reason you're getting killed is that you're not getting close enough to the Gibralter where he has no other choice but to hip fire to hit more shots. If you happen to be trying to do a sniper war with Gibraltar however (even at medium ranges sometimes), you are pretty much going to lose it.

To put it more or less, Gibraltar is not good enough for newer players because of his playstyle. For people who practice and play a lot with Gibraltar, they can take advantage of his stack of passives and abilities to put him on par with some of the other top legends.

Think of it like when the charge rifle when it first came out, it was powerful for those who could use and aim with it properly.

Also, the 15% damage reduction is legit barely noticeable at times, but that's just me.

I think Gibraltar is good where he sits right now, weak for some, but powerful in the right hands.

ALSO, Gibby put's down his gun shield when he's reloading, use this to your advantage and fire upon noticing this.

Gibraltar's a fat thing, so get close and you'll have a better chance at winning a fight against him.

Message 3 of 7 (366 Views)

★★★ Pro

He needs the 15% both him and Caustic, but that Gun Shield does need to go back to 50 HP. 

I am fine with his other changes but he has a free blue shield every time and if he pops a shield cell... He also heals his 75 Gun Shield. 

Message 4 of 7 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Fun about how people are crying to nerf worst legend with low pick rate

there out more powerful legend than gibby

im not really see post about nerf lifeline and wraith are high pick rate weird or maybe people are lifeline and wraith Main??

Message 5 of 7 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Leo_the_Lion25 Whoa no. You can take away the 15% damage reduction since it only makes a slight difference but please leave my gun shield be. 

@ONI_VR I'm honestly confused as to how you lose to Gibraltar so often. I have to work hard to force my opponent to trade shots with me since its the only way for me to win a 1v1 with Gibraltar. If you dive into a building, slide away, or run you've put me in a very bad place. I can stand there like an idiot hoping you'll come back or drop my gun shield to chase you into a fight I'm going to lose.

If you have the opportunity just watch how an opposing Gibraltar fights. Chances are he'll slowly walk towards his target with his gun shield up making him easy prey for flankers. Trying to run/evade only eliminates the rest of Gibby's kit so he has to trade shots or die. He also can't use his gun shield for peek battles due to the delay of its activation when he drops it.

Seriously just dive around the corner for a second and come back. You'll see an entirely exposed Gibraltar just waiting to die.

Message 6 of 7 (321 Views)

★ Guide

I agree, lets nerf him to the underground, after that cry for fixing it...

I dont play a lot with gibraltar(only questing), but the changes were necessary and it did good to him.

Message 7 of 7 (306 Views)