Re: Gibraltar’s passive too good

by maxshano

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gibraltar’s passive too good

★★★★★ Novice

It is the main reason he can win any fight, sure he is slightly slower than the other legends but the shield he gets when ADSing is too strong against others, the only other passive that can play agianst it is bangalore’s double time and yet barrely helps in combat, and to put it out more, the shield is 50hp, it is like a auto regenable piece of armor. So for a idea, i have 3 different idea’s that me and my friends came up with

1) slower deploy time

2) less hp

3) more recoil when shield is present or less stability.

and if it is still strong,

4) make it to where it only protects you from the first shot.

this is like the issue the new black ops game had where everyone is complaining about the extra armor, and in this case, gibraltar’s gun shield. 

It is to the point where if you fight, you will always expect a gibraltar. He is that good, and it shifts too many fights, and his tatical, and ultimate are very good choices too, but bringing in a fight shifting passive too? It feel a bit too overpowered.

I love the concept of the game and the game is fun to play with friends, but slowly, we are getting tired of all of the gibraltars we fight.

i hope this game will prevail over all the others

-peace

Message 1 of 44 (6,496 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

1. All Legends move at the same speed

2. I agree that this shield is a bit too strong, especially given TTK weapons in Apex Legends, but Giblartar has much bigger hitboxes than other characters, so its passive ability compensates.

View in thread

Message 34 of 44 (5,135 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Me and my friends lost about 3 1squad vs 1squad because the gubraltar ADS

Message 2 of 44 (6,472 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The game came out 2 days ago, give it some time. Till then just throw a grenade at him and shoot his feet. cmon. Its not that bad.

Message 3 of 44 (6,394 Views)

★ Guide
I'm sure I don't have as much playtime as others but I really haven't seen that many Gibraltars
Message 4 of 44 (6,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Or get an angle from the side or behind.

Man, it's almost like he is classified as a tank, or something :O

Message 5 of 44 (6,379 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

neat workaround but i do have problem with them

1) throwing a grenade at him: he can move to the side a bit and he’s fine or just use his shield dome to heal up if it does hit him

2) shooting at feet) sure, sould like a neat workaround if gibraltar had bad benefits toward using the shield, he is still going to have full control over his gun and he can headshot you, when you want to try the work around at his feet.

Message 6 of 44 (6,370 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Sure, tried that, but he takes a few shots then dome shields, heal up and can have his gun shield up
Message 7 of 44 (6,369 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Once you get to a bit higher teirs, the gibraltar picks are going to stampede the map so good luck i guess
Message 8 of 44 (6,368 Views)

★★ Guide

I mean for some people it eill be, like those that blame everything on being OP

Message 9 of 44 (6,366 Views)

★ Apprentice

close range, his shield is broken but at long range, you can just shoot just legs if you are slightly elevated, you can shoot his head. 

If you ask me though, i could care less about his shield and more about the stupidly OP mortar strike that he and bangalore have. They cause screen blurring, screen shaking, slowed movement, and have the potential to kill. 

Message 10 of 44 (6,329 Views)