Re: Gibraltar is too overpowered

by ForestCorgi

Original Post

Gibraltar is too overpowered

★★★ Newbie

Gibby has ruined the game for me and all you guys do is keep buffing him I thought 10 percent damage reduction he first got as a buff was all he need and his arm shield back when it was just 50 points was on the edge of needing a debuff but here we are now gibby is a powerhouse and apex is now just a game in my ready to install list

Message 1 of 6 (515 Views)

★★★ Pro

Gibby does need the 15% damage reduction. However, they never reverted his Gun Shield back to 50 HP from 75. Then they kept buffing him for no reason to the point that he made Lifeline useless and became meta when he was already meta at the start of Season 3. 

Gun Shield is the thing that is broken. Plus, grenades do zero damage to his gun shield. He also recharges it back too fast just by popping shield cells. 

Message 2 of 6 (458 Views)

★★★ Novice

Gibraltar is way to over powered.  He should not be able to out last legendary or lvl 3 armor or even lvl 2.  he has his dome shield and his bombardment.  Plus a arm shield.  Pull the arm shield from him.  Hes the only character that has more to him then any other legend character...his arm shield needs to go.  Make it more fare and either drop the arm shield down to take 1 or 2 shots for alittle support if need be or pull it all together.  But it should not take an entire clip or more to brake that plus getting through a armor on top of that.  Fix this please 

Message 3 of 6 (379 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@TheePopkernI If you thought Gibraltar's 50 hp gun shield needed a nerf then I'm not sure if you're messing around. He was considered a joke at that point.

@XxH-PhazexX Gibraltar has always been a powerful character in theory but he always died too fast and his abilities were pretty tough to use in close range around buildings. Given a lot of players prefer close range and often dive building he felt weak even when he was pretty strong. Its why he finally felt useful the second the new map appeared since there was plenty of open space to fight in.

Now that there's less open space to fight in are you telling me you'd use an ability dependent character who can't use any of his kit effectively (outside of the faster heals/revive from dome) who is also the biggest target in the game? Gibraltar needs to be adjusted but if you straight up strip the gun shield away then he's back to being trash.

Message 4 of 6 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

His gun shield shouldn't be stronger then armor 3 or 4.  I've gone head to head many times with gibby and his gun shield has out lasted epic and legendary armor.  Using anvil on a 301 or flatline with a lvl 2 meg should make short work of it but it doesn't.  Yes Gibraltar needs to be adjusted.  And I also dont play him.  Dont really care for him.   

Message 5 of 6 (340 Views)

★ Novice

It sounds like for the next event, his gun shield is going from 75 hp down to 50.

Message 6 of 6 (324 Views)