Re: Gibraltar is SO op and NEEDS a nerf

by Mad_Dog8762

Original Post

Gibraltar is SO op and NEEDS a nerf

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Wasn’t doing very well, today. Mostly raging because of how unfair some things can be in this game. I main octane and have 4,000 kills with him but today I died to so many Gibraltars and I wanted to seek out the answer as to why. So this one guy took octane right before me and I decided I’d just play Gibraltar and see how OP he is. Sure enough I dropped 17 kills and 3.2k damage after playing one game with him. How did I go from dying instantly every game with octane to doing that with Gibraltar? Simple. His Gun shield. Too OP, man. You’re in a 1v1 situation where u guys are both shooting at each other with no cover... It’s an aim game at this point, right? Nope. Not with Gibraltar because all u gotta do is aim down sights and boom they gotta do 275 damage on u all u gotta do is spray ur mag at them.  Any noob can do it. Disagree with me? Play Gibraltar for one game and aim down sights instead of hip firing. As long as ur not total trash u instantly win.

Simple solution to this; put his gun shield back down to 50. The changes will be perfect. You already gave him 10% less damage intake which is already op, and if I’m not mistaken u also made him pop his gun shield quicker. 

So adding the 75 was just too much. 

Thanks for listening

Message 1 of 18 (10,608 Views)

★ Guide
April fools was last month.
Message 2 of 18 (10,588 Views)

★ Guide
Here is a shocking idea
Don't trade DPS with a tank

Any other character can and NEEDS to dodge incoming fire
Gibraltar is UNABLE to do so, so he gets to tank it
Message 3 of 18 (10,572 Views)

★ Guide
Lel and why is it then much harder to get 10wins with him? I have already 10wins with octane, pathfinder lifeline but gibraltar is one of the hardest to get 10 wins. I ha e 5 with him
Message 4 of 18 (10,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Is this a bait/troll post? because gibraltar is a joke as far as im aware you dont even need a good aim to melt him down especially with r99 or r301.... His shield gun is just a meme just like the mozambique at this point.

Message 5 of 18 (10,529 Views)

★★★ Pro
"Gibraltar OP"
"Reduce shield to 50"
"10% DR is good enough"
"Dying as Octane"

If this is a troll post it's not a very good one, how about you play him more than once and see if he continues to be as 'OP' as you claim?
Message 6 of 18 (10,496 Views)

★★★ Guide

never died to gibby hes the worst legend ever hes hit box is like greekgodx :D you can hit him from accros the map with wingman

Message 7 of 18 (10,426 Views)

★ Guide

I don't think he's OP but in some rare situations he's virtually unbeatable because of the gun shield, yes. Combined with fortify it means that you need almost 300 damage on him while he needs 200 on you. The trick is to not end up in a position where it becomes straight up trading bullets. But yeah when you do, you're screwed against gibby.

Message 8 of 18 (10,378 Views)

★★★ Pro

Troll

Message 9 of 18 (10,295 Views)

★★★ Guide

gibraltar so OP that i see 1-2 gibbys max in lobby :DDDD

Message 10 of 18 (10,248 Views)