Gibraltar is OP

by thiaguero69

Original Post

Re: Gibraltar is OP

★★ Pro
@AcessorieSS Because while the % played might be an indicator of whether or not something is OP - it in and of itself isn't actually relevant to a discussion of balance.
Message 21 of 32 (1,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Gibraltar is fine as is. People usually calling for him to be nerfed because this 1.6% are more often than not players who are decent with gibraltar...so they've essentially been outplayed by him and don't like it.

Gibraltar like any other legend is devastating in the right hands.

Too many knee * reaction topics about nerfing legends with very little substance.

P.s 15% damage reduction takes a couple of more shots to render null and void i'd hardly call this OP.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 22 of 32 (1,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Gibraltar is balanced

His 1v1 defense is all he has.

Gibraltar is over powered!

I have dumped a full Havoc into this Thicc Boi twice, and this Thicc Boi have wiped me and my squad single handed!

I am now sick of it!

I do not mind losing to someone whom out skills me, but losing because they take less damage is rage inducing.

Because I have more skill than these Gibby Boys, but they are winning fights because their character is hard to drop.

The 15% damage reduction mixed with that gun shield is overpowered.

And again, twice I have dumped an entire Havoc mag into these Gibby Boys and lost the gun fight!

Gibraltar is the new season 1 pathfinder!

Nerf him back down to 10%

Message 23 of 32 (1,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@hhnbbfggty66okay maybe im a little over reactive. Buff Gibby to 20%... Nuff said

Message 24 of 32 (1,358 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Gibby can take two Kraber shots and survive without being knocked. Yet, you guys say he not overpowered. Please. That is beyond Overpowered. 

175 + 75 - 123 = 127

127 - another 123 = 4 HP left and he domed and heals himself. 

Message 25 of 32 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Pro

New Patch out and Pathfinder got nerfed but Gibby Gun Shield still the same.

At least Wraith exploit got fixed. 

Message 26 of 32 (1,319 Views)

Champion

Gibraltar isn't overpowered he's just very situationally strong, he excels at 1v1's, that's like entirely his deal. 

However he is massively prone to focus fire, his ability to flank and disengage is pretty poor. If you reduce the damage his shield takes then you're taking away pretty much the only thing he's good at.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 27 of 32 (1,298 Views)

★★★ Pro
"If you reduce the damage his shield takes then you're taking away pretty much the only thing he's good at."

Yeah you are right about that. His front shield should change with his body armor. And should recharge with is body armor.
Message 28 of 32 (1,286 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

another noob post

Disagree gibraltar not need nerf his should be defense/tank

and aslo im think gibraltar need buff

Gibraltar are Low pick rate with huge hitbox 

his still weak legend heroes

and aslo DO NOT GO SOLO ITS GAME stay in team

i can't believe people are post to nerf legend heroes are low pick rate and enver use

and one question why people cant not post about wrath nerf with his small hitbox and aslo high pick rate or all people are Main wrath enver post to nerf wrath Raised eyebrow

Message 29 of 32 (1,108 Views)

★★ Novice

my man has 5 passives, reduced damage but 1.5% and an arm shield that gives him an extra tick of health. 

I wouldnt say he's exactly BALANCED lol. he's a * mini boss at this point.

Message 30 of 32 (424 Views)