Re: Gibraltar is OP

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Gibraltar is OP

★★★ Newbie

it is nearly impossible to win a 1v1 against Gibraltar. Nerf his passive shield. He is currently the most op legend in the game.

Message 1 of 32 (3,049 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think his Gun Shield should be reduced to 50 HP as the dude now has 150 + 75, 175 + 75 or 200 + 75 Health. 

I also lose fights when I use Lifeline when I should clearly win the gun fight against him but oh wait. I take 5% more damage and he now takes less than 15% damage. 

Gib became too strong unless you shoot him in the back, 

Message 2 of 32 (2,956 Views)

Community Manager

Love to crouch with the shield. Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 32 (2,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh, another Gibraltar OP complaint. I will be very surprised if these posts are coming from PC players, because on PC, Gibraltar is still the worst by a LARGE margin.

On PC, They need to make his shield cover his head and take 100 dmg instead of 75, or else it is basically useless. 15% fortified for base health is like 7.5% extra health in total with level 3 or 4 body armor, that is nothing considering his hit box is more than twice the size of some other legends. He easily takes 30-50% more damage from a spray compared to the smaller legends, no matter the skill level of the shooter. He also is not able to quickly peek corners to shoot and hide like other legends.

Alternatively to making his shield cover his head, the Dome shield could give him and his teammates fortified to shield as well as long as they are close to it. (like inside and 2-3 meters outside of it)

On console I imagine he is much better as it is not easy to aim precisely, like at his head or legs, with a controller. I am not sure how you would make him balanced on both PC and console at the same time without him having slightly different perks. :X

Oh and one last thing. Gibraltar should ALWAYS win one vs ones if both players have same health, weapon, armor and damage done in an open field. He is a TANK with far too many disabilities in other situations to not have that as a perk.

Message 4 of 32 (2,904 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ZeptikkHueIt's true to say though that if you get into a fast trade with Gibraltar as Pathfinder now, he has to hit you a lot less than you have to hit him at end-game.

I agree with you that balancing for console and PC should be dealt with separately in an ideal world, for all sorts of reasons.  In this instance : aim assist. 

Message 5 of 32 (2,884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@AnlbrdYes, that is what I wrote. You will have to hit him more than he hits you and that is how it has to be as he is about 100% easier to hit. 15% fortified (base health dmg reduction) is not enough to balance out his large hit box. Which is why he has a personal shield, but balancing this shield across platforms is hard. I think they need to make the shield cover his head and maybe even legs for it to work kind of the same on both PC and Console.

I don't play console, but from the videos I've seen he does not seem OP on console either. It's just that when the skill level is low, which it generally is on console due to the casual nature of console gaming, he is probably among the best legends since the other legends require better movement and tactical skills to perform well.

Message 6 of 32 (2,864 Views)

★ Guide

I think there is two different subjects here, is Gibraltar OP? No. Is Gibraltar lethal in a 1 on 1? Yes. 

As above, in my eyes he is the least used Legend and the only time I see him I'm guessing someone is doing a challenge. Therefore he clearly isn't OP and as for 1 on 1 I've never been in this scenario because normally if you encounter a full team and see Gibraltar that's where you should all be aiming, such an easy knockdown due to the hitbox.

Message 7 of 32 (2,846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Anlbrd 

Gibby is Overpowered!

Message 8 of 32 (2,757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@WHITEyy6969Dude Gibraltar is easy to hit!!!

He needs a buff to 20%

Message 9 of 32 (2,756 Views)

★★ Pro
@hhnbbfggty66 When have I said Gibraltar is OP? Tongue out I just maintain the position that he isn't garbage, because whenever I see him used he reflects the skill of the person using him.
Message 10 of 32 (2,737 Views)