Gibraltar ability rework

by Dedprice

Original Post

Gibraltar ability rework

★ Apprentice

I thought of these randomly. I love gib, especially since I got his Darksiders skin

But the changes.

Passive: Gibraltar takes reduced 15% damage from PROJECTILES. (Does not include explosives. I'll get into this more later)

Tactical/L1: Gibraltar deploys a front, curved shield with 300 health. All projectiles are stopped, including allies.

Ult: Gibraltar throws a dome shield around him that allows Allie projectiles to pass but stops enemy projectiles. The dome shield has 400 health, or dissapates after 15 seconds.

Sooo before you go all "that's so op" I thought of these in combination of how apex is going right now. Currently his dome is huge and bright. Keeping it like this of course tells players. Gibraltar and possibly his whole team is in that dome, more than likely trying to heal considering player behavior. It also pokes around walls. So even if in a building everyone knows where u are. It should stay like this with combination of the suggestions, that way it will emphasize players using it when the team has no protection at all, high team communication can bring down his ULT in around 3-5 seconds. A Bangalore ult almost instantly. 

His passive is more so due to his hit box and visibility rather than anything else. Gibraltar eats bullets all day everyday, every meal. We should adjust him for his oversized hit box, or make his hit box/movement animations quicker so he is hit just barely less. 

The tactical. Think of a orisa shield from overwatch but no projectiles pass from allies. It's a stop I need a second to think/ heal/ reload, or don't point that devotion at me.

It can just barely protect his sides if used on himself but again just shooting it should take it down (all lmgs will break it within a single clip, assault a clip and a half, smgs..idk)

What u guys thing

Message 1 of 3 (271 Views)

Re: Gibraltar ability rework

Community Manager

@Dedprice wrote:

Sooo before you go all "that's so op" 

Exactly what I said before I ready that! Tongue out

I think you're onto something though as a lot of people feel the dome shield could use some additional benefit since it broadcasts it to everyone out in Kings Canyon. Having the tactical like Lifeline's revive shield could make for a lot of more interesting strategies. If you're able to shoot through it, kicking down a door and replacing it with that could make for some awesome highlight clips.

Do you think if the shield was able to allow friendly fire through it, it should also be easily destroyed by enemy gunfire after X amount of shots?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (251 Views)

Re: Gibraltar ability rework

★★★ Pro
Making him block allied bullets would make him a nuisance in solo que and letting teammates fire through dome while blocking enemy fire even for 400 hp is a huge disadvantage for the enemy team, would you like to be caught out in the open by a full team bursting you from behind a 360° shield that takes atleast 15 seconds to go away? Just reduce the brightness of it and maybe the size just a little bit and it should become viable
Message 3 of 3 (233 Views)