Gibby

by fixapexlegends7

Original Post

Gibby

★★★★★ Newbie

that gun shield he has is wwwwaaaaayyyyy to over powered, dang thing just took 2 shots super close range with the triple take and I didn’t even see a little scratch mark on that thing. He coulda pretty much ran up and smacked me with the thing. Make it so it’s easier to destroy or make it smaller. I get he’s a thick boy and needs cover but that shield covers him and caustic standing next to each other after having thanksgiving together. What I’m getting at is that there needs to be some buffs done. 

Message 1 of 7 (493 Views)

Re: Gibby

★★★ Pro
@fixapexlegends7 Ttk is a joke currently and unless you're running a p20 or Mozam the shield just disappears, try to have a full auto weapon before dueling him
Message 2 of 7 (457 Views)

★ Guide
@Pretzelnutcake He can just hide and recharge his gunshield while his other squadmates fire at you, he's ultimately used as bait on diamond, it's incredibly annoying
Message 3 of 7 (438 Views)

★★★ Pro
@ONI_VR Guessing you were having a long range duel then? I don't know much about those but from my experience, his shield gets double tapped and doesn't come back for a while even though the animation plays whenever I ads after it's destroyed.

No doubt his shield can be a challenge if he's fully kitted and isn't a bot like me but I think nerfing it would make him as useless as he was back in the previous seasons, being able to duel someone and not eat every pellet from a Peacekeeper because of the shield is the only advantage I see him having right now, and the reason Caustic is * as well since he DOESN'T have any defensive stuff like that to compensate for his lard * hitbox
Message 4 of 7 (419 Views)

★★ Guide
@Pretzelnutcake The worst advice you could ever give considering how RNG based this game is. His gun shield is a big carry considering how it has such a short cool down once you break it
Message 5 of 7 (339 Views)

★★★ Pro

Gun Shield needs to be reverted back to 50 HP from 75. I lost a fight to gibby due to gun shield. I did 160 damage with flatline and broke gun shield but died anyway. If gun shield was 50 HP. I would have won the gun fight. He had 225 HP (175+75) and Gun shield doesn't even count towards our damage which is stupid. Gun shield should count 

Message 6 of 7 (324 Views)

★★★ Guide

I hope, that they won't nerf it. Finally you can use him well.

And this is nothing in comparison to pathfinder grapple with R-99 or Wraith voidjumping  - with R-99 too. This is still unsolved/discussional issue.

Both those legends are taken too often, what says only how superior/easy to play they are in comparison to other. Even adding other legends didn't decrease their popularity.

If gibraltar is so "overpowered", why people still prefer to take Wraith and Pathfinder? It would be different, if he would really be overpowered, right?

I would buff his deployable shield even more - so no one could enter into it. Except the friends from squad. Then he would be a real "shield for teammates", which he was supposed to be. Standard smile

This could be abused in the final, very last ring, which is small - but otherwise - it could benefit greatly.

Do you remember, how it was in Season 1 and 2?

"Ha ha! they will never get through this!" - deploys a shield.

Gets destroyed by pathfinder/octane, both sliding and equipped with R-99 3 seconds later...

I don't wan't to return to those times. I still feel a bit guilty, when i take gibraltar, because i think, that ppl always want to have wraith or pathfinder in their squads..In Season 1 ppl could quit the game instantly or call you an idiot for choosing him.Confused

But this is only my opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

Message 7 of 7 (303 Views)