Gibby needs a nerf

by Leo_the_Lion25

Original Post

Gibby needs a nerf

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I don't know why you buffed Gibby.

His ult being thrown too far is too strong. He has fast heals inside his dome even though it has 30 seconds. I just lost a match because Gibby threw his ult miles into the final circle. His ultimate in the circle was too much for my squad and his team steam rolled the last two people. 

There was no skill in this. The Gibby wasn't even a good player. He was just a Support/Tank Hybrid with a overtone ult that ended up getting his two kills. If he couldn't have thrown his ult that far. He would have gotten destroyed in a game of gun skill. 

Please stop trying to make Gibby meta. I'll use him myself if it going to be like this.

You already murdered my Wattson thanks to pro scene. 

Message 1 of 22 (2,320 Views)

Re: Gibby needs a nerf

★★★★★ Expert
@Leo_the_Lion25 Every legend has it's strengths and weaknesses; and yeah people like throwing the alt in the final circle.... how noobs like to win.
Message 2 of 22 (2,246 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Leo_the_Lion25 Gibraltar is a defensive legend, takes a lot of damage, big enough to use as a human shield. He's not going to be a good assault or flanker unit. He's really good when 1vs1, or if the enemy team is boxed in. If you find him difficult to counter, focus on his teammates, then flank him as a team.
Message 3 of 22 (2,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey folks,

I've had to remove some posts that were not so nice. It's ok to disagree on points and outline why in a polite and respectful way. It is not ok to name call ("noob", "troll" ,etc) or use put downs for example, as that breaks the AHQ forum rules. You can check those rules out >> here <<. Please keep them in mind when posting please. Standard smile

Thanks

Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 22 (2,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Leo_the_Lion25 Its a little funny that the only character (other that Gibby himself) that can block his ult is complaining about it. Had to toss that out there first. Unless I've missed a buff Gibraltar can't toss that ult very far so he had to be at least mid-range for him to use it. I also don't know whether to tip my hat at a Gibraltar that uses his ultimate well or shake my head at players who can't avoid or predict something so obvious in the final circle.

That said Gibraltar is op when the final circle hits and there aren't a lot of characters that can do anything about his ult. Theoretically Caustic is just as oppressive in that situation but I never see a caustic use his ult that way. Never seen a caustic use his ult at all.

I do feel bad for what happened to Wattson and hope she gets a buff soon. Maybe allow her to be the only character that can stockpile ultimates so that she can pull them out quickly if they are destroyed in combat.

Message 5 of 22 (2,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

huge hitbox and low pick rate need nerf Lmao Nerdeacool:

well it nerf gibby he be bad again and no one play him pretty much killing him with nerf

disaagree with nerf/// im not think he not need nerf maybe buff

learn how to counter gibby

my suggestion its to Nerf most overpower wattson because im crying to nerf wattson im do not understad how to counter wattson because  im died everytime when im 1vs1 wattson OP need nerf insta Lmao

Message 6 of 22 (2,084 Views)

★★★ Pro
@heme725 I suggested Wattson be able to carry 2 or 3 ult accelerants. They nerfed those by 40% world map. But Wattson should be able to hold more than 1. She don't need 3 ultimates up at once. I also suggest different buffs for her months ago.

As for Gibby, He can throw his ultimate 36% further than he could before. He can also throw his dome further too. It in the patch notes, but the way he threw it. It was GGs. He killed the two best people with it on my team and there was no escaping it out in the open.
Message 7 of 22 (2,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

yes you can escape you can run in building or run away learn how to counter gibby

some have lucky and some have unlucky players cant not alaway have lucky with Gibby

Message 8 of 22 (2,069 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Leo_the_Lion25 If he can throw his dome further I'll be so incredibly happy. There have been too many times where I've tried to save teammates that commit to a fight that they can't win and don't need to fight. The ultimate is interesting. I've often been frustrated when Gibraltar's stubby arms force me to run right next to an enemy to ult them but felt it was a fair trade off for a powerful ult. These changes seem to make Gibraltar a lot more effective with an established team but minimally useful if you're playing with a random group. Nobody's going to use my dome to heal and will constantly force me into twitchy close range fights that nullify most of my abilities.

I am a little nervous at the sheer number of abilities that he has (and may not be able to use) since he may not need them and it might be a good excuse to destroy(nerf) a character. I keep thinking of what happened to Mercy in Overwatch and I just start to cringe at how she turned out. She needed a tweak and got the hammer.

Can't judge the changes without testing them and I've been too busy to play lately so I'm looking forward to testing the range on that ult.

Message 9 of 22 (2,051 Views)

Gibby needs a nerf

★★★ Newbie

The following image explains everything 

Message 10 of 22 (1,764 Views)