Fixing the main trio squad Bang, Gib, Caustic.

by RagingGamerDad

Original Post

Fixing the main trio squad Bang, Gib, Caustic.

★ Novice

I think that Caustic an gib, bang need there alts supremely fixed.  i love how the characters move an destroy teams as a whole unit. the problem arises when i drop my nox gas it does not hurt other caustic's in the lobby, i feel that needs to be fixed so that other caustics can be damaged as well instead of being immune. also with bang an gib instead of damaging other teams it actually slows down your fellow teammates. i find this to be utterly useless in the game especially when your down to the final 3 squads. can we please fix this issue.

Message 1 of 10 (673 Views)

Re: Fixing the main trio squad Bang, Gib, Caustic.

★★ Expert
@RagingGamerDad The gas isn’t supposed to affect other caustics. Their ults are supposed to slow you down too
Message 2 of 10 (640 Views)

★ Novice
@Sir_Named well when you release the toxic gas unto other Caustics it does not slow them down at all. I am just stating i think its pointless to have an ult where there not affected. I think everyone should be affected even if it is another Caustic
Message 3 of 10 (539 Views)

★ Guide

I think caustic traps should disappear after a certain distance. I hate they can leave a trap and be on the other side of fragment. Better yet be on the other side of the map.

Message 4 of 10 (516 Views)

★★★ Guide

Pathfinder and Bloodhound should not be effected by Nox gas.  Bloodhound wears a respirator.  Pathfinder is a robot.

Message 5 of 10 (501 Views)

★★ Expert
@Pallo420 Well that would really nerf Caustic, as then multiple characters other than him can straight up walk through his gas.
Realistically, maybe.
Gameplay-wise, definitely not.
Message 6 of 10 (485 Views)

★★ Expert
@Blasian311
First, they are traps, so it’s not like they should just disappear.
Second, his traps are easily avoidable, or destroyable. They don’t even do much damage, unless you decide to walk straight through them.
Third, even if you get caught by surprise, the Caustic is halfway across the map. They might not even notice that their trap went off, even if they did they can’t really run the distance in order to kill you before you led up.
Message 7 of 10 (482 Views)

★★ Expert
@RagingGamerDad I think it’s one of those neutral things. Like, why have other ults like Bangalore’s affect teammates? Why have Watson’s ult affect enemies? I don’t exactly know the reasoning behind these choices, but it allows both sides to benefit or be debilitated by the use of abilities.
Message 8 of 10 (479 Views)

★ Novice

All i am trying to say people is that when Caustic release his gas or his traps, i believe he should be harmed an disoriented by other Caustic's. Furthermore i do believe when i call in an air strike it should be angled as there are some area's on the map where Bang/Gib cannot use there ult effectively, this needs to be fixed. However i do agree that Caustic should have a time limit on his gas traps. I just feel that slowing my teammates down is not part of the game, i am suppose to do it to the enemy which can be useless if i go up to another caustics. Everyone has made some awesome an great valid points an respect that, i just feel that some parts of the game still a little fixing is all. thanks you for all of your wonderful input.

Message 9 of 10 (363 Views)

★★ Expert
@RagingGamerDad Well, the Caustic gas gives Caustic a huge advantage, and it would be a little too op if your teammates weren’t affected at all.
I’m not really sure why Caustic is immune to other Caustic gas, but it seems like a balancing mechanic against and for Caustic. You can use Caustic against Caustic, and it will work well.
I see your point about how some areas on the map reduce the effectiveness of Gibraltar and Bangalore’s ult. But I don’t really think it needs to be changed much, you just need to be more aware, as calling an air strike on a place with overhead cover is just a positioning thing.
Message 10 of 10 (348 Views)