Re: Fix pathfinder for real this time.

by ggDinxster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fix pathfinder for real this time.

★ Guide

Let me state what's wrong with pathfinder as a season 0 OG player who has mained Pathfinder from day one. 

- First: They added low profile when he had a swiss-cheese hitbox

- Second: they failed to remove his low profile status even after fixing the hitbox ( his hitbox is comparable to Revenate and Mirage)

- Third: They Nerfed the HELL out of pathfinders grapple by more than doubling.

- Fourth: They attempted to reward people who cant use the grapple for more than quick momentum shifts by giving them a 10s cooldown.

- Fifth: They are severely punishing people who have taken the time to practice and master grappling by making the cooldown start when your character gets back to sprint speed (for a max cooldown of 42s).

As a loyal member of your fanbase since day one, I am pleading with Respawn to do one of three things.

- One: remove Pathfinder's low-profile status and bring his grapple to a mid 20s cooldown time.

- Two: remove low-profile and start the grapple cooldown when grapple makes contact.

- Three: Do nothing and watch the community leave.

Message 1 of 6 (487 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

WHAT IS THE POINT OF A "MAIN LEGEND" IF THERE IS NO SKILL GAP!?!?!?

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (371 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I couldn't agree more. The new change to his grapple is even worse than before, because like you said the cool down only starts after you finish sliding after the grapple, which isn't fair. The cool down should start as soon as the grapple breaks, and the length you go to have a max cool down of 35sec should be increased by a lot. In the patch notes Respawn said that to get the max cool down of 35sec, you have to travel a very long distance, but any decent path main will know that even mediocre grapples are being hit with the max cool down. This idea was nice because it doesn't penalize glitchy/messed up small grapples, but there should be more leeway for greater distance on the other end for experienced path mains. I would have rathered a general 25sec cool down instead of a 42sec cool down for a medium sized grapple that doesn't even reach 50% of the potential distance that can be achieved with the grapple. They gave away his recon and butchered the zip line so this would be a nice favour.

Message 2 of 6 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@thefalconbetaThe max is 35 and they should just keep the way the grapple is but remove cooldown to 25 because there’s still people that haven’t played pathfinder and it ain’t fair for them.

Message 3 of 6 (394 Views)

★ Guide

WHAT IS THE POINT OF A "MAIN LEGEND" IF THERE IS NO SKILL GAP!?!?!?

Message 4 of 6 (372 Views)

★ Guide

Try it yourself, if your any good with pathfinder then you get a 35 sec cooldown every time. the reason that there is a "42 second" cooldown is because it only starts once your momentum reaches sprint speed insted of when the grapple makes contact like it did before.

Message 5 of 6 (370 Views)

★★★ Novice
@thefalconbeta Yeah I was just browsing the wiki, and it states that low profile is only considering hitbox size. Like his hitbox has to be considered medium now right?
Maybe they're waiting till they change more hitboxes to remove low profiles?
I would like low profile removed atleast, because with the hitbox he just blows up anytime he peeks now.
Grapple cd decrease overall would be nice too Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (283 Views)