Re: [Feedback] Legends

by 20VoVo05

Original Post

[Feedback] Legends

★ Apprentice

I'm only going to be talking about abilities here since they are the only things about these characters that affect gameplay, and I'm only going to talk about the abilities I think fall short or are too overpowered.

---------
Bangalore
---------

Rolling Thunder is just freaking insane. You are quite literally raining down hellfire. This ability can wipe out entire squads of enemies in seconds. I understand the design of this ability is to push enemies out of a favourable position but it needs a damage nerf, or nerf to number of bombs dropped. Something needs to be done with this ability.

The Smoke Launcher ability also needs a bit of adjusting. Nothing drastic. I would either decrease the size of the smoke area by about 10% or increase the cooldown to 30 seconds.

---------
Gibraltar
---------

Defensive Bombardment is almost as overpowered as Rolling Thunder. It's a bit slower and the damage appears to be a bit lower, but it's still freaking nuts. In fact, can I just say now that any ability with creates a large area of effect that deals damage is going to show up on this list simply because the areas are too large and/or damage is too high when combined with outgoing fire to the enemy. This was the issue with Modern Warfare 2's killstreak rewards. These kinds of high damage area of effect abilities are high payoff for minimal skill & effort.

Dome of Protection seems pretty nuts as well. I think the cooldown should be increased to 30 seconds or the effect time reduced to 10 seconds. As it is right now, the dome lasts for 15 seconds and then goes on cooldown for 20 seconds. This means the dome can be active for roughly 40% of the time if used on cooldown. Gibraltar can single handedly keep your squad invulnerable to damage for roughly 40% of the match.

--------
Lifeline
--------

The Heal Drone is a great idea. What is a class based game if it doesn't have a support character that can heal teammates. The issue I have with it is that the healing effect is a bit slow and the cooldown is massive. I can almost get a second Ultimate before I get to drop a healing drone again. 60 seconds between heals is torture. I would like to see the healing sped up by about 15%, and the cooldown decreased to 45 seconds.

Care Package is just underwhelming. Without knowing the drop rates of item rarities it's hard to quantify just how underwhelming it is. It's entirely RNG based and an Ultimate ability should never rely on RNG. It's something you pop because it's needed by your team at a specific moment. As it is currently, you can pop it and get a Legendary weapon, or you can get 2 syringes and a common helmet. What you get out of it will undoubtedly be useless more times than it will be useful. Add on top of that, the fact that popping the ability will raise a massive red flag revealing your squad position to every enemy that can see it falling and you get an Ultimate that is more useful as a icon in the middle of my screen that I can't move than it is as a situational ability. Besides, given the fact that items are categorized into rarities, this ability become more and more useless as the match goes on. By the time you get down to the last 10 minutes, last 5 squads, everyone should have decent to excellent gear and be done looting. Why would you give away your position for the low chance you'll get something good that you no longer need?

------
Wraith
------

Into the void could use a small duration buff. The cooldown is fine at 20 seconds but I don't think the ability itself last long enough. Perhaps an additional 2 seconds on the duration.

-------
Caustic
-------

Nox Vision is a wallhack through his gas. If there was a latency, or perhaps "snapshots" of enemy positions this wouldn't be so bad, but seeing enemies in realtime? Come on. Players used to get perma banned for having such powers.

Nox Gas Trap is another large AoE damage ability, but this time it's on a short cooldown of only 12 seconds. 12 SECONDS! 30 seconds at least please. The other AoE abilities are Ultimates and require the player to do something before it's ready. Caustic gets it for free every 12 seconds because... paywall?

Nox Gas Grenade blankets a pretty large area in Nox gas, for which Caustic can see enemies in just like wallhackers used to in other games of days gone by. Nerf Nox Vision and this isn't a problem.

I can see why you chose Caustic to be one of the Legends locked behing a paywall. This guy is absolutely nuts from a gameplay perspective. Overpowered in every respect. This is the pay to win you said wasn't in the game.

------
Mirage
------

All of Mirage's abilities are extremely similar. In fact, too similar.

Encore triggers automatically when he is downed, cloaking him for 5 seconds and dropping a decoy. I don't see anything overpowered about this, but it's not very exciting either.

Psyche Out sends out a Mirror Image on a 14 second cooldown. This really should be at least 20 seconds.

Vanishing Act is Encore except there are several decoys and you don't have to be downed to trigger it.

Mirage needs a more diverse set of abilities. I would get rid of Vanishing act and replace it with perhaps a 12 second, 25% speed boost to start and then tweak as needed for balance. I would then increase the number of decoys for Psyche Out to 3, all going in different directions, but increase the cooldown to 25 seconds.

Message 1 of 2 (193 Views)

Re: [Feedback] Legends

★★★★★ Newbie
I agree with Mirage, he seems pretty useless too...
Message 2 of 2 (183 Views)