Re: Does Respawn not understand statistics or are they just biased noobs towards

by Igeere1

Original Post

Does Respawn not understand statistics or are they just biased noobs towards P?

★★★★★ Novice

"but out of the three Legends in the recon class (Pathfinder, Crypto, and Bloodhound), one dominates in terms of in-game performance. (It’s the robot. The robot dominates.)" 

Are we going to talk about this joke? It seems that Respawn does not understand how logic works and that statistically you are never going to have legends equally win in battles unless you completely remove skill from the game and effectively give all players equal chances of winning regardless of how good or bad they are. This is the direction of the game since the past 3 seasons, becoming more and more noob friendly, which can be proven solely by the decreased TTK. 

Nevermind the fact that different abilities tailor to different kinds of players, and when you have a character that does not have an advantage in battle like Pathfinder, it is only natural that its base players will be ones who rely solely on skill to win battles, and will therefore naturally be better players than ones who are used to relying on their ultimate ability to give them an advantage to win like Bloodhound. Do they even listen to pros, people who actually know the game? Path has one of the biggest hit boxes in the game with "low profile", a tactical that has been rendered useless because you could only use once every two squad fights, and now no passive?

Message 1 of 9 (761 Views)

Re: Does Respawn not understand statistics or are they just biased noobs towards

★★★★★ Guide

@Skaro07 In a BR I'd expect a team mobility legend like Pathfinder to rank pretty highly. If Bloodhound and Crypto are outplaying Path in tournaments and ranked mode then you're right. If Path is still at the top of the recon class when it comes to winning then he dominates. 

Pathfinder's ability to gain the high ground can be an obscene advantage in battle even if it doesn't directly do damage. Furthermore it has been mentioned more than once that Pathfinder's hitbox is deceptively small. I haven't confirmed that and don't care but nobody seems to refute this only ignore it.

I agree with buffing Pathfinder a bit so that he feels more fun to play however its hard to support an argument that's dishonest about his strengths.

Message 2 of 9 (719 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@heme725 Ah, a fellow user that uses logic.

You see, the problem is that you cannot possibly balance the win rate of legends because they have different abilities that are tailored for different scenarios. Some abilities will indeed be better than others at competitive gaming and some are just noob friendly or for fun. Just like weapons. You CANNOT compare the win rate between Pathfinder and Bloodhound because Path's ability can only be as good as you learn how to use it and it has a skill gap, some Path's can suck and some can be really good - Bloodhound on the other hand does not need to learn how to use his abilities, they are literally a button press that will always 100% of the time give you an advantage when you press it. That is, a really good Pathfinder should beat a really good Bloodhound because one is having to do more work to use his ability and should be compensated for it, you're taking a risk/penalty if you do a bad grapple but you have an advantage if you do a good one. Otherwise there would be absolutely NO POINT whatsoever at learning how to use a legend when there are plug-n-play ones. Selecting one legend altogether for that matter, if Respawn is trying to balance the win rate of all of them equally by making a player so unfair to play in actual battle that you will end up 50/50 winning/losing battles even after out playing the enemy with your ability skill. It is an absolutely flawed metric to use to balance the game. 

As far as Path's hitbox, I think you are referring to his previous one before he was changed. Path literally had the third biggest hitbox in the game right after Gibby and Caustic as proved by YouTube, he is an absolute target whether he is standing or crouching, the only small thing about him is the legs which he takes equal damage in as the rest of the body, unlike other legends. Do you not watch Pros streaming where everybody has stopped using Path in tournaments? Even the number 1 recognized streamer for Path Albralelie has stopped using him and calling out he is broken/useless. I play fairly competetivie at Predator ranked and I have had to stop using him too because you will notice everytime you use him that you just get beamed all over. 

Message 3 of 9 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Skaro07 This is a late reply but I'm tired. I'm convinced his nerf was to reduce his popularity as well as give the majority of the non-Pathfinder community some peace of mind. Players had a lot of problems with his ability to escape or chase down anyone with little risk. I don't like the nerf since it robs Pathfinder of the fun in using him but its better for balance than things were before. At the Predator rank he might not have been an issue but for the majority of us he was a major pain. Hopefully they buff his tactical again while finding a more enjoyable way to keep the pest grounded.

As for your point on the skill gap and winning %... I don't really care about that. Skill is only one aspect that leads to victory in games (albeit an important one) and every gaming community overvalues it. I want to see Pathfinder swinging free again but for him to be punished hard when he overplays his hand. That's all I want.

Message 4 of 9 (626 Views)

★★ Apprentice

And this is when a Path main that didn'y abandon him, come.

Path grapple is to punishing, if you grapple by accident just right before a fight begins, you have to base all your gameplay on your skills

Hia passive is now way more useless than before, his ult has been nerf and is not really good,  if you are in a team fight, this is not gonna save you most of the time, Wraith portal would save you, not the zip.

If Pathfinder is just a high ground legend, them he would be useless, and you kinda say he is, I mean, after his nerf, he kinda is. You have to be REALLY good to play path when you get to Gold level lobbys, why ?

1. You have only movements with him, unlike Rampart's ult that directly deals damages or gibby even bangalore,

2. You have a long CD so if you missplace your grapple on a bush (that happened to me) or grapple to go on top of a building but you fall, you are dead,ost of the time. You have to be very skilly (yes) because your decisions, with grapple or zip (especially zip) give you or a big advantage, or you loose. Fast Decision making is key

Anyway aorry for my english that is pretty bad if you didnt understand you can still tell me to be more accurate on what I mean, have a nice day.

Message 5 of 9 (590 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Igeere1 I understood what you meant and agree with 90% of it. Path is in a really bad place right now but the Devs are aware. I'm hoping for a meaningful buff to him soon. My only concern is that I don't want to see the old Path back but even that might be fine if they continue buffing every Legend like they have.

I really hated dealing with Pathfinder in the old King's Canyon. A one man third party machine that couldn't be caught. Buff him just don't allow him to be an issue like he was before.

Message 6 of 9 (567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you buff Pathfinder, you buff Mande. You really wanna do that? - watch his twitch if you don't know. 

Message 7 of 9 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The devs have been aware of Pathfinder being in a bad place and what do they do nerf him more LOL! Respawn doesn't work hard at all, stop giving them credit for laziness and literally no balance ever! Hell they never even listen to the community cause if they did the game would be a lot more fun and in a way better state than it is currently which its struggling! This game has just been getting worse and worse since season 5. Stop bringing us dumb quests and actually FIX your game! Fix your legends and people being kicked outta ranked games! Theres a start RESPAWN!  

Message 8 of 9 (468 Views)

★★ Apprentice

He's really good in fights, take high ground with grapple and you instantly increased your chances of winning. with that said he needs some love and a small buff of something.

Message 9 of 9 (415 Views)