Re: Do you think Lifelines buffs are balanced?

by Blasian311

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@Blasian311 I never run away but whatever floats your boat. I would love to see your in game play-style. PS4?
Message 11 of 20 (572 Views)

★★ Pro

Its completely change and unbalance the game for sure. Its also require zero skill and brain to use. This is the worst change they make to the game and totally make me hate the game, this change and Lifeline because of that.

The whole rework thing of Lifeline was a dumb idea, she was heavily picked, mostly in ranked and was the 3rd most picked legend ING.

Why in the blue hell you will rework a legend like that?

And as i said before a good legend is a legend that have a good self abilities, and a good team ability, aka Wraith phase and portal, Pathfinder grapple and zipline, and even Lifeline before with her fast heal, faster revive with shield up and her other team helping ability and so on.

Yet they make her straight team legend, with zero useful ability for her.

Auto-revive in a such game should not exist. In FPS games and BR games, its all about Kills and WINS. What they are doing is taking the kill of the rightful player with that broken ability.

For example i knock a person, he auto-rev him, and you already taken the kill out of me, its a 33% situation between me and my allies who will take him down again, if can do this.

This is straight taking the kill out of the rightful player. Its already dumb enough when you do 199 damage, and some of your teammate do 1 damage and steal your kill, but this dumb thing is even worst.

It makes third party even worst. Everyone knows you need to finish the fight fast, or you will get third party. This ability stretch the fight by a lot, and making you take more risk, even if you take a rightful advantage when you down an enemy. Right now you have to choice to push when you are probably low(because you exchange in a fight and you down one, but you was getting damage as well, and you probably need to heal), now this ability makes you rush and put you on danger. Otherwise you are losing your advantage and its like doing nothing.

It makes you even more prone to third party, if you decide to push, there is a big change some of your teammates go down, because you rush it.

This is lazy ability that someone of the Devs though that it will be cool, but he wasn`t thinking at all what he is doing and how much he will mess up the game.

Let me just fast describe the * to the game:

- It totally destroys 1v3, 1v2 and 2v3 situation, unless you down the Lifeline first. Again in this situation you need to move a lot, separate the enemy, down one, move on safe pop battery fast, and repeat for more. With Lifeline on the enemy team you can`t pull that fight, even if you are more skilled than them, which is a huge problem, because you lower the skill ceiling that way.

- Taking the kills out of the game, as i already described in my post.

- It was lazy build and require zero skill and brain to use it, which again lower the skill ceiling.

- its actually make the third party even more of a problem

- its actually punish the better player/s in the current situation. You down an enemy, which mean you got to have advantage and you got time to pop a cell/battery, because you already fought and taken down an enemy and you have your time to take the advantage you earn. This ability takes your rightfully earned advantage, which is a complete nonseses.

- there is probably more * to the game, but i can`t think of them right now.

There was a statistics about how OP this ability is.

When you down someone, its like a 33% damage lost to the team that get a downed teammate. If someone go to revive, its another 33%, which is a total 66% damage lost(a bit more in %).

With this auto-revive OP/Broken ability, you lost only the damage from the downed player, and you have 2 teammates and a wall(revive shield) to protect him, and you can even push enemy team until your buddy is back on safe.

Again grenade is not that easy to land above or below the shield, also this makes you wear a greande in every fight, which is impossible , and you are prone to damage by aiming the grenade, and a lot of times you use your grenade to engage the fight, not to finish it.

And to finish my post, there is 2 mechanics that you should not mess and nothing should interact with them, and this is revive and death. If you mess up with this stuff, you are punishing the better player in the current situation, which is the worst thing you can do.

At the end of the day i`m not playing to fight zombies that keep coming and get third party to death, because of stupidly make abilities, but to DO kills and get Wins.

The only thing Lifeline was needed, was the changes to her tactical and her ultimate. Her passive was the last thing to be touched, and to make it that unfair.

Now the guy that create that lazy auto-revive thing, need to rework her revive asap. The best was is to to just her old passive back.

And i would even say REMOVE the fast revive from the game, this refer to Giby as well.

Message 12 of 20 (548 Views)

★ Guide
@LordloshBang need to rework their resume as well. obviously lied somewhere 😂
Message 13 of 20 (535 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Blasian311 You have to be a bad player, to not be able to counter her “buffs”.
Message 14 of 20 (472 Views)

★★★★ Guide

At first, I was willing to feel out Lifeline's new passive. "Maybe this will be interesting, and offer some unique gameplay", I thought. I felt pretty open to the change and still try to look for the good in the buff, or rather, how it's "okay" or balanced. 

But I admit, after being on the receiving and giving end of Lifeline's new passive...  it does feel like, it's just, not quite in a "right place". Maybe I'm wrong, but it feels like there's less of a tactical decision to perform a revive during combat with Lifeline. Back then, it was a quick strategic decision that had to made with- potential risks involved. Now, it almost feels like you should always begin a revive on a teammate that's down. Always. It seems as if... It's almost never a good idea to not atleast start the process of reviving.

Message 15 of 20 (464 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@StarMystro True. I was skeptical of AOD's complaints since they seem to be based on an aggressive mindset but her new revive is a problem. There's almost no drawback for attempting a revive and it can be used repeatedly. 

-It's a powerful/game changing ability

-Can be spammed

-Has minimal risk or downside.

Completely unbalanced yet currently her only useful ability. Hopefully devs can find a way to tweak it and make it work since she's finally a "medic" but it would be much simpler to give her the old kit that she had.

That's not going to happen so I wish the devs luck in fixing her.

Message 16 of 20 (418 Views)

★★ Pro

Yep you don`t like me from the moment i challenge you to prove your point on firing range and you run away.

I don`t agree with some people on certain thing, but i can agree with them on other.

Being bias by reading an opinion is a bad thing, no matter if you like the author or not. If you don`t like just ignore him completely.

But not agree with him, just because you don`t like him or doesn`t agree with him on different things, its a bad thing and not speak good for you.

So its nice to see you are not such a person, and tho not liking me(obviously) you still can unbiased opinion.

Just like i posted a video before with many situation about Lifeline auto-revive being completely unhealthy for the game. I though the problem was in me and i need to get used to, but its just bad for the game. I watched Shiv get rekt by this, and couldn`t pull 1v3 against Lifeline, tho he was like 10 levels above the guy he was fighting. he downed them multiple time, and run to heal and come back, just to find they are up again, take more damage and repeat, until he run out of ammo and heals, which show how bad for the game auto-revive as a mechnics is.

I have never ever have anything towards Lifeline. I already said it she needed a better tactical, and maybe ultimate(her ultimate is super strong on KG, because of the recharge tower, not so much on WE).

My problem is with an unhealthy and stupidly build ability, that punish the better player in the current situation.

My K/D/R drops by a lot from this update, and i suddenly didn`t became a worst player, its quite the opposite i`m spending a lot of time training and grinding on aim trainer and improving my movement as well.

I have many games with 500+, 1000+ and even with 1500+ damage with no kills, due to this ridiculous change.

You fight someone and down him, yet you need to heal, but by that time he will be revived, and probably slide to a cover, and this kill is not yours anymore. Or simple as that, your useless ally(most of the time when playing random) will take your kill with just 1 shot after he get revived. How is that any fair?

Recently has a game with around 2,5k(i think it was more) and finish with 4 kills. One of my teammates has 500 damage, and he got 6 kills ....

Yeah this could`ve happen before as well, but now its happen way more often.

Also this auto-revive makes you burn more ammo/shields, and make you way more prone to 3rd party and stretch the fights by a lot.

Its also completely unfair.

In this game there is multiple cover, like rocks, crates, building and so on. So auto-revive is completely unhealthy and makes every fight not even if you not having Lifeline on your team, unless you down the Lifeline first.

Message 17 of 20 (401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It has been actually quite fun as lifeline watch enemy player go nuts with solo, then run away to heal and you just pop your drone and they have literally zero options to make play exept to come back to you. Nothing like forcing good player to make bad decision with simple passive ability

Message 18 of 20 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

The fact that she lost fast heals was what made her a highly used character by many Bc they used it aggressively but now they’re forced to stay back and watch their team if not they’re not being a good lifeline teammate... I think they should really bring back fast heals and either add a cooldown to her auto revive or make the shield destroyable... it’s kinda sad to know that lifeline was an incredibly balanced character and all of a sudden she’s broken. 

Message 19 of 20 (337 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@heme725 You're right; Her old kit wasn't all that bad, atleast, for me. Her D.O.C drone is a great device for healing-while-looting or healing-while-healing-shields. A lot of times I'll see teammates or other players not utilize her Tactical ability.

Even when it doesn't heal all of a player's health, every little bit can change a fight.
Message 20 of 20 (312 Views)